Just bought a TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
.......for the bedroom says James Murden.

So I look to the TV a little portable £150.00???

Heck no 48” OLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV priced £998.00!!!!!

Oh and during the presentation he notes oh there’s no postage.
So with a young family priority 🤔 Q guests must be paid well too.

Good luck to him - personally I wouldn't want a chuffin' great big smart tv in my bedroom, as to me it's a place to wind down and relax. I do have a tv in both bedrooms but they're both small. I think it's nice to have one in the spare room for when guests stay, and having more than one is useful when we don't want to watch the same thing, but as I said I'd rather my bedroom had that relaxing vibe. As for the free postage....I should jolly well think so at that price!

I agree.

Many years ago when I became a widow, I did a lot of revamping and decorating (to get through and focus on the first awful few months). So the bedroom became MY bedroom, and new furniture was bought. I thought a little luxury would be a tele - so I could recline a la Hollywood style with a box of chocs watching late night progs, and no-one to moan at me for doing so.

Hmmm. My first purchase was a bed and looked at those with the tv rising up at the foot. Lol ! what a laugh ! first of all the tv was only about 3' away so that was a no no - way tooooo close. So I settled for a nice little job perched on a reclaimed dressing table. Great I thought, ideal for when I'm sick and those late night programmes. Last year I got rid of it after 23 years, because in all that time I watched it precisely half a dozen times while I got ready to go out. If I got sick I didn't stay in bed, but slumped on the sofa downstairs and watched tv there. So, a tv in my bedroom wasn't really worth the money.

I`ve never had a telly in my bedroom and unless I was ever bedbound or very old and incapable of moving around freely, then I never will have one. I`ve nothing against watching Tv, I love certain programmes and films etc but I think those minutes from turning off the Tv downstairs and then showering and getting ready for bed should be used to reset the mind and in a way turn it off from all other stimuli.
Of course when my sons were still at home they had Tv`s in their rooms but thankfully they were born in an era before playstations and X boxes and before 24/7 TV programmes. Mr V`s grandson is almost 15 and is frequently in bother for secretly playing on games consoles late into the night and then not wanting to get up in the morning and his older sister does the same watching programmes such as Love Island or Towie on catch up in her bedroom. They say they don`t feel tired enough to sleep when they go to bed but that`s hardly surprising when their brains are being stimulated zapping aliens or watching a bunch of half naked girls do silly competitions with half naked young men.

Like Vienna, I’ve never had a TV in my bedroom and I never will. I prefer to unwind listening to the radio. I also wouldn't want a ginormous one in my lounge. My TV has a 39” inch screen and that’s plenty big enough. The last thing I wanted was to have a TV that dominated the room. My friend’s got a huge TV and that’s all you notice when you go into her lounge.

We had a TVi in the bedroom or a very short time many many years ago and don’t expect to ever do so again if only for the fact that they are all far too big.

Again I’m not into big TV in the main room. I can watch TV for free as 2 neighbours have monsters which I can see from our house. Pity it’s all kids cartoons !

Those OLED Tvs seem to have a screen burn problem. I read the moneysaving site and there are loads of people complaining about them only a year old and get this burn problem. I paid £££££££ for this TV only a year old etc.
That's interesting, a woman on the other side of our road had a 7 feet+ one bought for her from her three adult children; it was her 60th birthday last summer & it was an extra big gift to make up for not having a party. I can see it from our bedroom window quite clearly & feel I should be wearing a sweater & capris while sitting in a customised jalopy with a boy called Bud.

Like Vienna, I’ve never had a TV in my bedroom and I never will. I prefer to unwind listening to the radio. I also wouldn't want a ginormous one in my lounge. My TV has a 39” inch screen and that’s plenty big enough. The last thing I wanted was to have a TV that dominated the room. My friend’s got a huge TV and that’s all you notice when you go into her lounge.

My only TV in the lounge has a 24'' screen!

When we used to be able to visit friends and family where a room would virtually have moving wall paper I'd always leave with a headache.

This Christmas someone I know bought each of her grand children, aged I think nine and seven a top of the range 50'' screen TV for their bedrooms.

Those OLED Tvs seem to have a screen burn problem. I read the moneysaving site and there are loads of people complaining about them only a year old and get this burn problem. I paid £££££££ for this TV only a year old etc.
This is very true as I did loads (and I mean loads, studied for weeks) of research into tvs before we got our QLED, not as good quality but decent enough and no burn as yet 2 years later.

Each to his own as they say but I would never put a tv in my bedroom, they just say all that rubbish to sell.

I don't know about anyone else on here, but another of my pet hates, is the wall mounted tv. I do wonder if there's an increase in neck problems with people looking unnaturally up at a spot above the fireplace ! My brother has a wall tele, and its a nightmare to watch. Everyone looks like a zombie sat on the sofa with their heads back. Surely the correct height is eye level when sitting in a chair.

I don't know about anyone else on here, but another of my pet hates, is the wall mounted tv. I do wonder if there's an increase in neck problems with people looking unnaturally up at a spot above the fireplace ! My brother has a wall tele, and its a nightmare to watch. Everyone looks like a zombie sat on the sofa with their heads back. Surely the correct height is eye level when sitting in a chair.
Couldn’t agree more we have stayed in a holiday home with a wall mounted tv hated it ended up with a bad neck.
Certainly put me off choosing another break away with a tv on the wall.

My TV is wall mounted & Hubby has placed it at viewing level, I thought it was too low, but no it works really well.

We are an ex cinema staff couple, mentioned this before but I'm an ex projectionist and was trained in best viewing experience, and never do you see a cinema screen where you look up apart from pokey multiplexes, usually down. I hate high mounts too, our is on the wall and we measured a perfect height and look straight on at it eye level . The future is bad necks, deafness from all the earphones and any other problem for the silly things they do now.

I stand corrected LOL forgot about multiplexes, you always tend to look up at multiplexes, I used to work in traditional cinemas, maybe thats why people don't mind looking up at the tv, multiplexes fault.

Its the replacement of the mirror over the fireplace with the tv that gets me far too high when viewing from a sofa

I’m the opposite I love having a tv in the bedroom, I often take myself upstairs when the husband is watching his sport on a lazy afternoon, I prefer upstairs I find it calmer for some reason, I’ll chill with a good book or put a good documentary on, it’s not on the wall it’s on top the chest of draws. I’ve confessed before that I’ll txt the husband downstairs to bring a cuppa up, I know I know but it saves wear and tear on my legs. 🤷‍♀️ 😂

Latest posts

Back