Just about had it with QVC now.......!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
Apart from their ridiculously OTT, non-combining, rip-off p&p charges, slow delivery times, constant spouting of BS, nitwit presenters, same old same old item shows, this morning's 'Fabulous at 50 & Beyond' shows pretty much take the biscuit.........:

ABC 500ml Body Lotion & 500ml Skinwash
Apparently, if you're over 50, you smell, especially under the bust according to AY! Well, I'm nearly 50, have a very large chest &........no, actually, I don't smell, thanks very much & I certainly don't want to go round all day smelling of tea tree oil!

ybf Your Best Eyeliner Duo
How many women over 50 use eye-liner?

ybf Transforming Cheek Colour Quad
How many women over 50 use YBF as their preferred make-up range full stop?

Apart from a Pecksniff's collection, the rest of the show was all Lulu's stuff! Is that all you could come up with Alison? What an absolutely pathetic selection, especially considering there are dedicated Lulu shows throughout the day, how hard do you need to plug the stuff to sell it?
I give up, I really do..........! :down:

It is the same story across-the-board, kitten. QVC has become impossible to watch.

Awww are you not supposed to wear eyeliner when you're 50? I'm sorry but I'm growing old disgracefully:happy:

Well, lucky old you with your non-heading-southwards eyes that eyeliner usually makes look 10 times worse then.......*sniffs haughtily & heads back to sit in the 'ever so slightly droopy corner'!* :tongue2: :grin:

Well, lucky old you with your non-heading-southwards eyes that eyeliner usually makes look 10 times worse then.......*sniffs haughtily & heads back to sit in the 'ever so slightly droopy corner'!* :tongue2: :grin:

Well I'm not 50 yet KWC but when I am and my eyes are down at my knees I'm still gonna wear eyeliner :grin: I'm gonna be checking out all the over 50's today to see if they're wearing eyeliner :giggle:

Well I'm not 50 yet KWC but when I am and my eyes are down at my knees I'm still gonna wear eyeliner :grin:

Yeeaahh, go you! :up2: :clapping: :flower: :cool2: :rock:

I'm gonna be checking out all the over 50's today to see if they're wearing eyeliner :giggle:

OK, OK, I take it back about the eyeliner then.........still a pretty feeble selection of products though, not the first things that would spring to mind for the stylish 'over 50', are they......are they? *looks unsure now* :confused2:

I wear eyeliner only on my bottom lashline, no mascara. I was given that tip by a professional makeup artist. When you get older 35+ your dark circles get worse and mascara pulls your bottom lashes like arrows pointing at them. Well thats what I was told.

I wear eyeliner only on my bottom lashline, no mascara. I was given that tip by a professional makeup artist. When you get older 35+ your dark circles get worse and mascara pulls your bottom lashes like arrows pointing at them. Well thats what I was told.

I remember reading your tip ages ago and since then I haven't used mascara on my bottom lashes either, it's a good tip:up2:

I remember being told that too but I went back to my old habits. Seeing as I can hardly see without my glasses these days I should try that again - no mascara on bottom lashes from now on! I usually look like I have panda eyes.

PS: Donna, still not wearing orange lipstick ;)

when I first started watching QVC they sold that ABC stuff, aiming it at teenagers?!.......they are now aiming it at 50 plus?.....must have twisted this around now. They seem to be aiming most of their products at oldies......they must think this is the main target audience.

Boots and Avon for me, I got a few bits from Avon online last week, (face mask, body lotion, eyeshadow palatte ) it came to £13.99p and had FREE p and p. Ok it's not luxury stuff but I am cutting my spending like most people and i think that's a good price for a few treats. No, i never put mascara on the lower lashes these days, am currently using a Rimmel mascara that AY would no doubt scoff at but I love it, makes my stingy lashes look lush.

I remember being told that too but I went back to my old habits. Seeing as I can hardly see without my glasses these days I should try that again - no mascara on bottom lashes from now on! I usually look like I have panda eyes.

PS: Donna, still not wearing orange lipstick ;)

Good woman.

Yes ABC was aimed at acne sufferers in the early days.
Think QVC now realize their customers are mainly 40 plus beauty wise.

I dont wear mascara on my bottom lashes and I cant wear eyeliner at all as my eyes look too dark.

I have been thinking for a while why are QVC limiting their market by aiming beauty shows at over 40 or over 50 because a lot of the items they show in these hours are suitable for any age :confused:

Boots and Avon for me, I got a few bits from Avon online last week, (face mask, body lotion, eyeshadow palatte ) it came to £13.99p and had FREE p and p. Ok it's not luxury stuff but I am cutting my spending like most people and i think that's a good price for a few treats. No, i never put mascara on the lower lashes these days, am currently using a Rimmel mascara that AY would no doubt scoff at but I love it, makes my stingy lashes look lush.

Avon for me too, plus M&S have a small but good range of skin care products on-line.

The worst thing is Lulu's accent - just what is it supposed to be ? Scottish, American :33:

now that made me giggle, thanks burlz.
i have stopped wearing mascara on lower lashes now as within a few hours it always bleeds. cant wear orange or red lipstick anymore either as they make my teeth and skin look yellow. I have also stopped wearing red nail varnish as my nails refuse to grow basically i have turned into my teenage worst nightmare... pink and mauve woman

Just about had it with QVC now....!

Awww are you not supposed to wear eyeliner when you're 50? I'm sorry but I'm growing old disgracefully:happy:

I would be growing old, well I AM old, disgracefully WITHOUT my eyeliner, life virtually depends on it, makes me look almost human. How many times have I seen eyeliners demonstrated, suitable FOR ANY AGE!
Perhaps we oldies don't count, just pay our money and never show our lined and wrinkled faces.

Latest posts

Back