Julia's popcorn watch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wow! some swanky watches ladies :cash::cash:

My favourite daytime watch is my red London 2012 Swatch given to all volunteers as part of our uniform. They were going for £100 on E Bay straight after the games last year but I'd never sell it.

I used to have a "Rolex" which a work colleague brought back for me from a business trip to Bangkok but the bracelet fell apart eventually and funnily enough there was no life-time world-wide guarantee !

I bought one on gold and loved it. After a year or so it started keeping terrible time. I thought it might be a dodgy battery and brought it into the local jewellers. They sent it to their repairers and said that one of the components in it was plastic and they couldn't fix it. They were astonished that such an expensive watch would have such a cheap component. I though that it was beyond warranty but now need to find it and the invoice. Not easy!

thanks for the info

QVC seem to have records about your purchases, so maybe you won't need the invoice anyway neelia. Customer Services just phoned and they are sending me the label etc for a refund, even though it's so long since I purchased it. Reckon it cost me over sixty quid each time I wore it judging by the huge total price I paid originally.....not a bargain eh!

Thanks Scouser, I just need to find the watch now :thinking:

I think I have a similar cost per wear amount but it did look lovely

Just want to say thanks for all the helpful people like Lynnonthelake, Weathergirl and Loveinamist who pointed me in the right direction re approaching Qvc and bringing up the subject of the disappointing and very expensive 9ct yellow gold popcorn watch, as worn by JR. I only wore mine approx 6 times and a chain broke. It could not be fixed by a jeweller and 30day mbg had long expired. I bought mine in 2005 and it has sat in the box unwearable for years and making me feel miz and cheated. After reading your helpful posts I contacted Customer Services in June who were helpful and sent me back an addressed padded envelope for the repair section. Upshot is I received a full refund of my purchase price from 2005 of £369.95 yesterday. If it hadn't been for this forum and all you helpful people I would never have thought that this could have happened. Loved my watch, but would never buy another one. The prices would be too high now anyway. Thanks fellow members.

Wow Scouser that's a great result. Glad my memory served you well. And impressive customer service from Q too.

Latest posts

Back