Julia's Footwear

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She is a good looking woman, but those arms are a no-no, toned or otherwise- just looks whitchy!!!
I agree, she should go for a more tailored, sophisticated look but I guess as long as she's happy...:thinking:
It is a tricky age though, and I should know- don't want to be mutton dressed as, but don't want to go down the elasticated waist, given-up route either- hard to get it right!!!

Top heavy ladies should check out Pepperberry, a clothing range from the people who own Bravissimo. The clothes are tailored to accomodate a larger bust. Not cheap but they are good quality.

It's funny when she does the coat shows, like having cloth next to her arms makes her draw them in close to her body. Unless she's just being girly flirty! Bet she breathes a sigh of relief when she is not down for the Trespass hours, all that fleece and 50plus women not a good combo. :sweat:

LIAM.jpg

I couldn't agree more LIAM! Roly Poly comes to mind.

Meg x

Its the relatively toned, muscular little arms/squidgy, spare tyres and ample bosom combo that make me wish she would wear sleeves. Also her legs are quite brawny and as BB says, a pair of stillies would feminise them! Her hair was freshly coloured and coiffured last night and is her best feature. On her salary I would have a twice weekly professional blow dry so it always looked that good. Ditch the leggings, tight dresses and teenage tops, wear pretty shoes(if shes able)and learn to apply flattering makeup and you'd have a lovely looking woman who looks what she is- in her 50s

doesn't she bang on and on about being 5' 4 AND A HALF!! - pretty average, not tiny. i can't believe the "years" of dancing have given her bad feet - lets face it, she's been on qvc for 20 years! i thought the 'dancing' was a stint on a cruise ship? she does have small feet though and those stumpy thick sandals have the same effect as the stumpy thick toe posts - ie, make 'em look like trotters.

Leggings and toe posts were back today!

I have been unable to wear tights for years but have discovered a brand that does not cause problems and the result is I am happy shopping for dresses. Comfy trousers have been a comfort blanket for me but no more, yay!

Having said that, my dress choice has to have a detail at the tummy to disguise prob area, I am not blind to what I developed overnight at the age of 12. I did feel vulnerable venturing out in my new style but so glad I did.

JR needs to get out of her comfort zone and maybe hire a personal shopper to see what they would consider suits her. She might get a nice surprise and see herself in a different light. Too many years selling awful fashion may have blinded her to looking for the good point in a piece of tat. She loves RN dresses so much but does she save them for when she is off duty?

Do what I did Julia, emotionally surgically remove yourself from those Max Wall monstrosities, but lengthen the hemline on the dresses you do choose.

Doesn't Julia have a high instep? Isn't that the problem with her feet? It can make putting certain shoes on very difficult and keeping shoes without straps or a covering over the front of the foot difficult.

I've got a bit of a high instep and shoving my feet into pull on boots can be a flipping impossibility. The only other shoes I cannot wear are the ones that whizz in and out of fashion where you have a court style shoe with the toe enclosed and the heel enclosed but the sides exposed. They flop about on my feet like mules. Ah now the same goes for the ones that have the toe in and a strap at the back with no sides.

But that's with a slightly high instep. Julia says hers are very high and she couldn't get some KVD boots on this week that she really wanted because she literally couldn't slide her foot in.

Style wise I sympathise. I don't think her personal style is that bad. I think she's put some weight back on and isn't as comfortable as she was. It's a shame because the weight she's put back on is kinder to her face and shed hardly big now. Just wider round the middle. Not a crime, just what happens to most women with age.

It's hard. Who wants to be mutton dressed as mutton? I've never been what you would really call slim and I've never been trendy either. I'm certainly not now but when a "friend" said I dressed great for my age I thought "oh well she thinks I look frumpy". I don't actually think I'm frumpy but that's clearly what some people think. You can't please em all.

Its Elastene - it may be the wonder product that keeps clothes in shape, but its certainly no friend of the female form !

I see women of all shapes and sizes wear tops that are not forgiving and the elastene moulds to their bodies like cling film so all the rolls of top body fat and middle age spreads are (not) nicely on display.

Just returned from Venice, and the sight of (mainly) British / American ladies in the intense heat wearing body hugging poly/elastene with more rolls than Sainsburys on display was a sight that will never leave me !

Julia is without doubt a lovely looking woman, with a bit of fashion sense she could look like a lovely elegant woman. Imo she should never wear sleeveless tops. I don't think her footwear is the big issue but she should wear trousers or long skirts/ dresses, she has got very muscular legs (that many footballers would be proud of) they are not very nice to look at, I would definitely cover them up.

Leggings and toe posts were back today!

I have been unable to wear tights for years but have discovered a brand that does not cause problems and the result is I am happy shopping for dresses. Comfy trousers have been a comfort blanket for me but no more, yay!

Having said that, my dress choice has to have a detail at the tummy to disguise prob area, I am not blind to what I developed overnight at the age of 12. I did feel vulnerable venturing out in my new style but so glad I did.

JR needs to get out of her comfort zone and maybe hire a personal shopper to see what they would consider suits her. She might get a nice surprise and see herself in a different light. Too many years selling awful fashion may have blinded her to looking for the good point in a piece of tat. She loves RN dresses so much but does she save them for when she is off duty?

Do what I did Julia, emotionally surgically remove yourself from those Max Wall monstrosities, but lengthen the hemline on the dresses you do choose.

Hear hear LIAM. So hate those leggings on her, they must be her comfort blankey thing (for adults). What tights did you find (i'm nosey). I wear tights in work
and if i'm working from 7.30 to 21.00 i can't wait to take them off me, itch itch itch. Makes me crazy and i long to be free of them LOL

I don't think Julia never looks as bad as AY does most of the time. What has happens to Ali? Is she poorly I wonder? I remember how she used to dress, mostly pretty understated, now a lot of the time she just looks a bit of a fashion victim. Surely they have people to advise these ladies, seeing as looks must be a fair part of the reason they hired them in the first place? Could you imagine if Trinny & Susannah- or ( more fun!) Gok Won got hold of some of these ladies and restyled them? Now that is a show I would watch, lol!

Latest posts

Back