Julian and the new Yankee Candle woman

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just seen the last half of the morning repeat and I really enjoyed these two. It was a very gentle show, but more effective to me than the aggressive sell sell sell approach from some guests/presenters. I might be persuaded to buy something.

The new lady has a sense of humour and a good way of painting a "lifestyle" that could be yours for the price of a YC (nonsense I know but I fell for it !). She and Julian worked it well together. I loved their conversation about tinned fruit salad and Carnation milk - I remember those days well, it was always sunny, nobody down our road had a car and there was dog poo on every corner.

Linda xx

Last edited:
Yeah, they were very enjoyable to watch weren't they? Worked very well together. Rosa seems like a lovely, down to earth lady - good at describing the products and not full of flannel! A really nice show to watch!

I like Rosa too. As nice as Michaela is, I think Rosa has a much better, and more accurate, way of describing the fragrances. Which is quite important if you're buying scented candles off the telly!

Really liked Julians honesty about the candles he isn't keen on and the ones he wouldn't have in his house. Do wonder if he ever gets into trouble for it but it's so much better than the presenters getting orgasmic over every single one they poke their noses into. Can't believe they like them all ... I certainly don't.

I really like her. She's lovely and warm and friendly. I like the fact that Julian says which candles he likes and doesn't but I think she is great with all the presenters. I saw her with Meehall (buggered if I know how to spell his name!) at lunch time and that was a nice calm easy show to watch too. She seemed to get Meehall to say which he really liked too. Slightly oddly he likes pure florals but at least he wasn't gushing over everything. I've no problem with Meehall but he can bit a bit hyper or jittery.

Definitely prefer Rosa to Michaela. Nice woman I think.

i agree Tinkerbelle: definitely prefer Rosa to Michaela. Rosa knows her stock, seems to be a genuine fan of the products and she's friendly with a sense of humour; Michaela seemed a bit colder, perhaps not happy with her job or something.

I like Rosa too, she comes across as a very "comfortable" person who gets on with all the presenters( so far) . I had to laugh when she said she has a crush on Simon Biagi ( I hope I heard that right as I was multitasking at that moment):happy: She gives an impression of sitting in a homely sitting room, having a cuppa and a harmless gossip.

I much prefer Rosa too. Didn't I see Michaela at some point, the launch maybe?

Talking of new presenters and crushes, did you see Jenny on Fashion by Together? She was hilarious and asking whether Charlie was taken! She was really funny!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Concerning Juilan, and him not saying everything is great, i think i heard him say before, he isnt like the other presenters, who say, how everything is brilliant and they have got it, He also thinks the present thing is silly, he was saying in the mentioned Yankee show yesterday, he thinks his teacher would probably have given him something to have left school

I'm not sure Julian thought of these ideas all by himself; he's cribbed some of them from reading the opinions on here.

Jude xx

I'm not sure Julian thought of these ideas all by himself; he's cribbed some of them from reading the opinions on here.

Jude xx

We should be flattered ! Just shows you're never too old or experienced to learn. Perhaps a few other presenters and guests could take note of our comments (the constructive criticism not the bitchiness !)

Linda xx

Julian seems to be the only one who acknowledges that he reads this forum, and the only one who seems to take anything onboard.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back