julia roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

athena69

Registered Shopper
i just wanted to say, especially after all the knocking she gets, how nice julia looks today, lovely top, nice hair and makeup, and a lovely big ring on, (am thinking its a future tsv as i've seen it in blue, pink and green).

From the waist up she looks fine, however leggings make her top half look massive compared to her bottom half (some wide leg trousers would make her look more in proportion) and she's wearing those black flip flops again.

She has been on all weekend! Did all the Pilates demos all day yesterday - then the TSV lauch shows at midnight and 1am. Now she is on live at 9 and 10 am.

Where are all the other presenters.

She has been on all weekend! Did all the Pilates demos all day yesterday - then the TSV lauch shows at midnight and 1am. Now she is on live at 9 and 10 am.

Did she do the TSV launch? I caught part of the repeat and it was AY presenting.

I agree, you would think they would have got someone else to do 9am and 10am today after she did all the pilates shows yesterday.

Did she do the TSV launch? I caught part of the repeat and it was AY presenting.

I agree, you would think they would have got someone else to do 9am and 10am today after she did all the pilates shows yesterday.

Sorry I think I was wrong - I thought I saw Julia on with Leighton first thing this morning and thought it was the repeat of the tsv but it must have been a later show. Probably because she has been on so much I am getting confused!:confused:

Considering her marathon yesterday - she was still on really late finishing the pilates - I think she looks lovely today. I think she'd be forgiven for wearing pink furry slippers after all she's done (and she isn't wearing flip flops, they are toe posts with wedge heels *wink*). I do a late night where I work right until 9pm and I have a job getting up the next morning so I think she's done really well.

I'm not a fan of JR as she often comes across as talking down, but she seems to have been OK the last 2 days when I've seen her. Go Julia! :grin:

Julia's Hair

Yep Julia's hair looks fab this morning, she mentioned it was done with the Yogi Hair Wand styler which was also on in the first hour. The Yogi Wands look amazing i hear they are back on later on the 7pm hour. Im going to wait until then and see the demo again and go get one of the zebra's. I hope there are some left!!

I think Julia's hair has had that Yogi styler used on her today. I don't think Julia's hair looks good but then I am not a fan of the curl that the Yogi styler gives.

I think Julia said that she is doing the new Jemma Kidd Make-Up School.

Yep Julia's hair looks fab this morning, she mentioned it was done with the Yogi Hair Wand styler which was also on in the first hour. The Yogi Wands look amazing i hear they are back on later on the 7pm hour. Im going to wait until then and see the demo again and go get one of the zebra's. I hope there are some left!!

argos do a babyliss hair wand for £25....:tongue:

I think Julia said that she is doing the new Jemma Kidd Make-Up School.
I was doing a bit of channel hopping and saw a bit of this show and was shocked at JR, if she was 20 years younger I would have sworn she was preggers!! :eek: There is talk in another thread that she has lost a lot of weight....erm, where from exactly?? :wonder: Going off at a tangent, those poor models looked ill with this make up slapped on, it gave them complexions the colour of putty and it was so greasy looking. :eek: It also really showed up all the lines around the older model's mouth and she looked really uncomfortable, I wonder if she was able to see herself in the monitor??

argos do a babyliss hair wand for £25....:tongue:

but the babyliss ones dont work, ive tried them. the curls drop out within hours.
ive heard the yogi curls stay in for days.
id rather pay double the proce for something that will work.

I was doing a bit of channel hopping and saw a bit of this show and was shocked at JR, if she was 20 years younger I would have sworn she was preggers!! :eek: There is talk in another thread that she has lost a lot of weight....erm, where from exactly?? :wonder: Going off at a tangent, those poor models looked ill with this make up slapped on, it gave them complexions the colour of putty and it was so greasy looking. :eek: It also really showed up all the lines around the older model's mouth and she looked really uncomfortable, I wonder if she was able to see herself in the monitor??

Not impressed PPC, neither was I. Jemma's said her model was her SIL.

but the babyliss ones dont work, ive tried them. the curls drop out within hours.
ive heard the yogi curls stay in for days.
id rather pay double the proce for something that will work.

i totally agree with you, i didn't know that about the babyliss one's and was going to buy one myself! thanks for the tip off!!! :tongue:

Not a fan of Julia and I think her dress sense is usually appalling, but I also thought she looked great today.

Perhaps the Pilates lady couldn't get here from the States and she took over the shows.

She made me smile in the last showing of Pilates. She said that she had been asked if she was ok after doing Pilates all day!! She only demonstrated for a short while during each show and had long breaks in between shows........how can that be all day? :clock: :cheeky:

Last edited:
I do find her professional and informative, and yes she was looking lovely today. I think Julia has the syndrome that a lot of people develop in all forms of employment when they have been there for ages and ages inasmuch they think they own the place and that it would grind to a total halt without them. I worked with a person once who used to come into the office while on leave! they had been with the organisation since its inception

I think Julia did very well stepping in at what must have been fairly last minute and presenting on and off all day yesterday, and then being up and first on screen this morning. I didn't see much of it as watching other people exercise makes me very tired and irritable :wink: but it did seem as if she knew her place in terms of being a 'guest' and not the presenter, i.e. she didn't try and take over. I don't mind her as a presenter and having seen her bravely exposing herself in lycra yesterday I have more respect for her - I can even forgive her body dysmorphia!

Latest posts

Back