Julia & Fiona on Decleor Show!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fulhamphil

Registered Shopper
What a terrible advert for skincare! My beloved Julia has really over-cooked in the sunshine - crepey old neck and upper arms - tresses far too long as well :talking: Fiona looks dreadful too - all jowly and bloated, and awful hair! After Keeley's less than wonderful appearance in the week I am beginning to wonder if splashing out on all these expensive lotions and potions is really money well spent.

I decided expensive skincare brands were a waste of money ages ago for the very reasons you say.
Keeley,Fiona,Andrew(wrinkly Gatineau bloke)Ali Young etc, none have found the secret of eternal youth in their products.
Fiona looks older than she is

I wish we had an 'agree' button, but as it is, I can only tick 'like' to indicate I agree with your statement fulhamphil.
Neither were looking good tonight.

Yes women are sold the fantasy through the airbrushed TV and mags too, false lashes and hair extenstions. Oh and the anti aging is also a young thing in the ads, or a clone of some celeb who has been airbrushed or had so much done(fillers,botox and surgery). For some strange reason women have this idea that the creams,mascaras and haircare etc will actually make us look like the ad.
NO, they will only do some much and thats life. Just think what they and you would look like if you never used anything. Find a brand you enjoy and just use it.

If I were in charge of over seeing advertising standards, I would not permit the use of any make-up, air brushing or any other trickery in the advertising skincare products. Yep, that would include reps selling their gloop on TV, so off with the primer and BE Keeley, Fiona and co, let's see just how resurfaced, dewy poreless and flawless your skin is using the amaaaaazing products you peddle!

If I were in charge of over seeing advertising standards, I would not permit the use of any make-up, air brushing or any other trickery in the advertising skincare products. Yep, that would include reps selling their gloop on TV, so off with the primer and BE Keeley, Fiona and co, let's see just how resurfaced, dewy poreless and flawless your skin is using the amaaaaazing products you peddle!

Cynic that I am, I imagine that anyone not naturally blessed with great skin would be consigned to behind-the-scenes and would probably start baying about their human rights being infringed. As it is, some of them seem decidedly underqualified for their roles so if they also had to look the part when 'au naturelle' there could be trouble.

Seriously, though, we live in a strange society, where women do desire to look young, partly because they are relegated to back stage or worse if they aren't cutting it. I don't see why plug-ugly ageing male tv presenters get away with it whilst their often stunning female counterparts get the boot because they are deemed to be over the hill at 50 but are still somehow supposed to work until they drop. At least qvc show some loyalty to their old birds.

At least qvc show some loyalty to their old birds.

You want to be careful what you say. Jo Skinner, the model, once said that JR "wasn't bad for an old bird" and was soon never seen again ;)

I never understood why older women are judged on their age and appearance as opposed to their qualification in the job. I used to know the late Carol Barnes, the news anchor, who was great at what she did but couldn't get any job interests because she was considered too old once she reached 50. And yet you'll get a man like Bruce Forsyth who is old enough to be Methuselah's grand-father and no one seems to bat an eyelid. If someone is good at what they do, why should they stop just because they get older? It all seems very unfair to women, who are under great pressure and I'm sure a lot suffer with depression because they can't keep up to this mythical ideal that society has developed. Going back a few years to the 50s, people were just themselves. I know it's cynical but I can't help but believe all this has been brought upon us by megacorporations who have a product to sell and thus create a problem for it to cure.

I decided expensive skincare brands were a waste of money ages ago for the very reasons you say.
Keeley,Fiona,Andrew(wrinkly Gatineau bloke)Ali Young etc, none have found the secret of eternal youth in their products.

How old is Fiona?

But what we don't know and will never know is what would they look like without all the potions. That's what worries me :eek:)

Skin care is there to moisturize, and at certain times you need different things - if your skin gets very dry due to e nvironmental or health issues. You need to find something that suits you and enjoy it, but do not expect miracles, aging will and does happen, sadly. I always love the adverts for mascara and such things which mention on the bottom "filmed with lash inserts" or shampoo with " model wears hair pieces/hairextentions) or conditioner "models against using shampoo" and leaving out that no conditioner was used

I have long hair and I am 50 next year (yikes) I look terrible with short hair, it just does not suit me so I have no intention of having it cut just yet. I don't think age comes into it in most cases - have it the way you like it. If however, say my hair was grey, they I would not have it long, I don't really like that look.

I have long hair and I am 50 next year (yikes) I look terrible with short hair, it just does not suit me so I have no intention of having it cut just yet. I don't think age comes into it in most cases - have it the way you like it. If however, say my hair was grey, they I would not have it long, I don't really like that look.

That should be on the thread about Julia's weightloss - sorry

Latest posts

Back