Judith Williams TSV - Sore eyes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mizzimi

Registered Shopper
I recently purchased the Judith Williams TSV and every time I use it my eyes get sore.
Does anyone else have this problem ?
I've been trying to eliminate which product it is, and dont think its the eye cream, but with not much luck.
Thanks for any advice

Return it before your 30 days run out, don't take chances with your eyes. I've never used those products but people have often said on here that they are very strongly perfumed, so this could possibly cause a problem.

Around the eye area, it has to be the eye product.

Why do you think its not that?

I used the eye product without the other products, with my normal elemis products and it was ok.
I thought I'd try this first on its own to try and eliminate if it was that and had no reaction.
I'm just pleased of the 30 day mbg as I can see this going back !

might it be your cleanser? I've blamed eye products in the past only to later find it was a facial cleanser. Also nail products which might not irritate your finger tips can irritate your eyes if you rub them, as can hair products - like conditioner running down your face in the shower. Process of elimination can take a while but should get to the bottom of it. Still contact QVC CS to set up a possible return though.

Thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated.
I've used elemis, gatineau. decleor and simple products for years and never had a reaction to anything, always thought my skin to be quite hardy!
Until I started to use Judith Williams! Its going back, not risking it !

I have used JW since her first tsv and would not describe the products as being perfumed at all. Anyone can be allergic to anything, so experiencing a problem around the eye area could be a reaction to any product used on the face, not necessarily the eye cream, but the eyes could be particularly sensitive.

I'm lumbering my way through the LLB day, night and neck cream but I don't like the kind of vanilla scent they have so even though they seem to suit my skin, good value and are pleasant enough to use I probably won't repurchase. Shame really!

I am weird, but if I don't like the smell of a product I don't care how wonderful it is I will not use it.

Its orange for me. Makes no difference if it only lasts a short while before disappearing, won't use it.

I used to buy the Liz Earle TSVs and hated the smell of her normal moisturiser had to give them away.

Ring them and tell them at customer services and they'll send you a prepaid label if you've had an adverse reaction. They'll also refund your original p&p.

Just rung customer services and advised them of the problem and told them I will be returning it. Been told to return it and pay for the postage myself as its an unwanted item. I said it wasnt unwanted, I've had a reaction and cannot use it, if I hadnt had a reaction I would have been keeping it.

To top this off, the original item I received was damaged, the rose oil had leaked everywhere. So whilst I was waiting to receive the replacement item, with the prepaid postage slip, I used the original item. Having to send back 2 now and one hasnt even been opened from the original packaging.

Thought I was doing QVC a favour by not opening it, but been told that both items will be destroyed in line with Health and Safety procedures !!!

Certainly puts me off trying new products in the future from QVC !

Sounds like you already have a prepaid label. Why don't you wrap each set individually and then put them together in an outside package and then put the prepaid label on the outside

I sent myTSV back today with a prepaid label because the rose mask was cracked and leaking. I know JW products do have cheaper packaging which is reflected in the cost but bloomin nora you do expect it to arrive in one piece at least. Shame as I liked that TSV. I went for a refund rather than a replacement because I went for a moonstone ring and eternal watch on EP (a treat from Hubby) I couldn't justify having the skincare set as well.

I wouldn't expect QVC to refund my postage if I opened and used a product, allergic reaction or not. You say it's not that the item was unwanted, you did want it but you could't use it because you reacted to it. I think that would be like me saying I want my postage refunded because the dress I'm returning isn't unwanted, it is wanted, but it made me look fat so I couldn't wear it!

I wouldn't expect QVC to refund my postage if I opened and used a product, allergic reaction or not. You say it's not that the item was unwanted, you did want it but you could't use it because you reacted to it. I think that would be like me saying I want my postage refunded because the dress I'm returning isn't unwanted, it is wanted, but it made me look fat so I couldn't wear it!

I posted the response Spartacus to the following that was posted previously on the thread:

"Ring them and tell them at customer services and they'll send you a prepaid label if you've had an adverse reaction. They'll also refund your original p&p."

I'm only trying to be helpful to others reading this post !

I have been sent return postage labels a few times where an item has arrived damaged or faulty or where I have been sent someone else's return. Once I had a reaction to a beauty product (hope in a jar) that I had waited before trying until my previous cream had run out. I didn't discover the sensitivity until I actualy tried it...way outside the MBG.They initially said I couldn't return it and when I emailed them afterwards they agreed to let me return it outside the MBG and sent me a postage label too. I was impressed but felt it was a shame I had to email them in the first place. I pointed out that the MBG was not an absolute bar to them having a discretion to refund outside it! Having been on this forum for a while I realise that I wad lucky and the customer service was impressive. Debenhams beauty counter would have laughed if I had tried to get my money back under those circumstances.

It doesn't really matter whether you never normally 'react', or whether there is much perfume etc. I tried using Gatineau eye products quite a few years ago and had a really sore reaction. But that is the great thing about QVC and their MBG.

Just rung customer services and advised them of the problem and told them I will be returning it. Been told to return it and pay for the postage myself as its an unwanted item. I said it wasnt unwanted, I've had a reaction and cannot use it, if I hadnt had a reaction I would have been keeping it.

To top this off, the original item I received was damaged, the rose oil had leaked everywhere. So whilst I was waiting to receive the replacement item, with the prepaid postage slip, I used the original item. Having to send back 2 now and one hasnt even been opened from the original packaging.

Thought I was doing QVC a favour by not opening it, but been told that both items will be destroyed in line with Health and Safety procedures !!!

Certainly puts me off trying new products in the future from QVC !

I'm sorry to hear that mizzimi. I think their policy must have changed recently as when I had a reaction to beauty product a year or so ago, I rang and asked them if this was to be expected during early days of using the cream and whether or not I should continue to use it, they immediately said don't use any more and we will send you a prepaid label to return it. I didn't even have to ask for a label!! I'm pretty sure I remember reading in The Drop some time ago that someone had returned a product to Boots after an allergic reaction and they had been refunded without question also. Sorry if I've given you duff information.

I wouldn't expect QVC to refund my postage if I opened and used a product, allergic reaction or not. You say it's not that the item was unwanted, you did want it but you could't use it because you reacted to it. I think that would be like me saying I want my postage refunded because the dress I'm returning isn't.

I hardly think you can compare returning a product that you didn't like the look of, to having to return an item which you are unable to use through no fault of choice of your own. A product that has also caused you to suffer at least discomfort after its use.

Latest posts

Back