JR & The Tweet That Went Horribly WRONG!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Poor Julia she can't do right for doing wrong it seems. She loses weight...it's too much. She has her hair cut...it's not enough. As for her favourite attire...beyond the pale. And now this very unpleasant tweet about her eye bags. Give the poor woman a break for goodness sake.

to be fair alibeth, i don't think most of us could have cared less about the hair (or even noticed) if she hadn't made such a big production of it. asking publicly for advice and then flicking it around at guests whilst fishing for compliments etc etc. we don't get a blow by blow account followed by public preening when any of the other presenters have a trim.

i agree the tweet was mean but i do think it makes a big difference if it was in fact followed by 'how do you stay awake' jmho.

if she needs a password to access it so what - she can give the password to the gallery. i find it hard to believe they can't be screened first.

however, i'd prefer it if they did scrap it because of this because it just annoys me. as do all the texts being read out - they're scrolling along the screen but every single one still has to be read out. meanwhile, the item they are supposed to be demonstrating has been dumped for the next one or sold out before they've said barely a word about it and you're still left wondering about the size.

i also mute the phone calls - i'm not interested in somebody's hospital stay for their ingrown toenail.

as for forumites getting upset about comments made on here......well, it's the nature of the beast and maybe the forum isn't for you. again, jmho. i find the comments hilarious and they often make me cry with laughter. in the same vein i suppose, i find joan rivers' fashion police funny. if that's all it takes to make me a bad person, i guess i am.

Have to admit I smelt doom when Julia said about tweeting. I managed to listen to a few she read out - I was half expecting forum names like Burlz :giggle: to crop up...When they didn't I must have nodded off and missed the excitement. Can't believe QVC didn't anticipate something like that happening though and to leave someone technically challenged in charge of something like that is asking for it.

Yes, I agree...QVC stop the ruddy tweeting, it is very annoying. If people want to read up on reviews of a product they can go on the website and have a look. I'm another one who mutes the telephone callers...I ain't interested OK.

I thought the comment to Julia was a bit harsh though...I didn't see it, but if she carried on regardless, then good for her.

not the biggest JR fan but that is awful think it's time to stop the tweets they were obv trying to seem cool and with it but your open to abuse like that

[however, i'd prefer it if they did scrap it because of this because it just annoys me. as do all the texts being read out - they're scrolling along the screen but every single one still has to be read out. meanwhile, the item they are supposed to be demonstrating has been dumped for the next one or sold out before they've said barely a word about it and you're still left wondering about the size.

I heartily agree, - lately the product is becoming secondary while the presenters and guests behave like a couple of budgies in a cage (tweeting).

On many occasions sizes have been omitted, camera angles are all over the place, and we only barely get a mention of a 2nd/3rd/4th colour option before they are out of time, and we are into a hot pick or advert break.

Would it have mattered whoever the presenter was?

I'm afraid due to my appalling sense of humour, for which I make no apology as it gets me through life, the situation would have amused me regardless.

The writing was on the wall from the moment Q decided tweets should be read out live on air, a "rogue" was inevitable at some time. It could just as easily been Charlie, Chuntley, Alison or any of them, just JR's bad luck.

It kinda serves Q (not Julia personally) right. At the end of the day, this is uncensored social media and should be treated as such. I'm really bored of people standing up with Twitter open on an iPad and calling themselves a presenter. Nothing against technology at all, but it just seems like sloppiness (ie getting the presenter to do it themselves) when it wouldn't take more than a few seconds for a production member to select a few texts/emails (or tweets) to read out. Yes, its quicker and more direct... but at a cost.

If no one saw it coming, between the presenters / producers / technoluvvies - then they must all be pret-ty bliddy naive. Surely they can't all literally actually honestly believe that everyone is soooo full of love and admiration for them all that no one's going to say anything crappy?

I read on here early this morning what had happened to Julia but I couldn't bring myself to watch the repeat. I felt so sorry for her that I didn't want to be part of her hurt - because that is what she must of felt. I know she is up her own b******e sometimes but she is the best on QVC at doing her job. No one deserves to be treated like that but reading the comments on here she carried it of very well. Making such personal comments doesn't only effect Julia but her family as well. I would be mortified if someone said that to me but more so if it was directed at any of my family. I hope that whoever it was is thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Have to admit I smelt doom when Julia said about tweeting. I managed to listen to a few she read out - I was half expecting forum names like Burlz :giggle: to crop up...When they didn't I must have nodded off and missed the excitement. Can't believe QVC didn't anticipate something like that happening though and to leave someone technically challenged in charge of something like that is asking for it.

I've got a different name on Twitter hee hee. Pippa read a couple of mine out last week though. They were about Sharon actually, and of course very complimentary. I even got a little "hands together in prayer, head dipped and bob at the knees" thank you from Shaz while she was modelling. made my day!

I have to say the number of people expressing surprise bordering on shock that this happened must be very lucky in their own lives. People being nasty to strangers or even those they know isn't unusual. It doesn't make it better for the recipient and it is deeply hurtful but giving the impression of being supremely unbothered is the best way to deal with it by a country mile :wink:

Does anyone remember a drunk ( although you couldn't tell he was at the strt of the call)and abusive caller coming through to speak to Paul Lavers when he was on Q years ago? He dealt with it well as I recall. I also recall another bloke rang in when Simon Biagi was presenting Lock n Lock and said how cr*p it was.

I'm another member of the 'mute the sound when a call comes through to the studio' gang (thought it was just me!)

Or the stroppy woman who insisted Julia had a new baby? Oh I laughed at that one, it was surreal.

can anyone tell me what the luna reference is ?

JR was rude and ignorant when Marie Francoise said friends of hers had called their new daughter Luna.

How bizarre, how did she deal with that?

She was slightly nonplussed and said she hadn't a new baby, the next babies would be grandchildren for her and the woman archly squawked "I think you do" at her. Bizzaro world and JR got out fast.

can anyone tell me what the luna reference is ?

There was a discussion about someone connected with a guest, or model who just had a baby. JR asked the name and was told "Luna" to which she replied that she didn't like the name.

That was it.

Except from the reaction on here you'd think JR had EATEN the ****** baby.

Had she said she didn't like the name that would be fine. She did the eye rolling and displayed ignorant rudeness that I associate with an era long gone, or so we thought.

Latest posts

Back