joy 'our plus-size model'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Me! It ain't funny going through school known as Concorde..:55::4:

The boys at school called me "shelf" because they reckoned the drop underneath my boobs resembled the Continental Shelf! 30 years on while visting my sister who still lives in the town we went to school in, I was walking along the path near her home and a van drove by, it stopped, the door flew open and the chap inside screamed out "shelf". I never did find out who it was that had recognised me (or rather my boobs) all those years later, but my sons who were with me found it highly amusing and still remind me of it to this day!:1:

Do I have the courage to wear the winter white Centigrade coat that has just arrived though???

Bet

Of course you do - it'll look fab and everyone will know that you are confident in your own skin and in your fashion choices!
You are confident in you're own skin ... aren't you? Aren't we?
Yes we ARE!
Sorry, my 40th is coming up next month and I am so determined that (even though it makes everyone else think differently about me) I won't think of myself any differently! I spent the first six months of my thirties feeling sorry for myself before realising that nothing whatsoever had changed!

Model Joyce on Trinny and Suzanna

Joyce the plus size model was on there programme last night.

It was about older woman not dressing currectly for there age.

Clothes being too young, tight or sexy, self tan (not Joyces of course), too much makeup, very long false nails etc etc.

Summer

I've just turned 65 and I have long natural red hair almost to my waist, I keep thinking maybe I should get it cut, maybe I look stupid, but I only feel comfortable with long hair. I'm still slimish and lots of people say "Oh your hair is gorgeous" but of course the ones that think I look daft are not going to say are they?Anyway it's so much easier to manage when it's long.

In MHO I don't think there are any rules in how one should dress. I feel that if you think it suits you personally and also you feel comfortable then you should dress like you want. Each to its own I say.

I've just turned 65 and I have long natural red hair almost to my waist, I keep thinking maybe I should get it cut, maybe I look stupid, but I only feel comfortable with long hair. I'm still slimish and lots of people say "Oh your hair is gorgeous" but of course the ones that think I look daft are not going to say are they?Anyway it's so much easier to manage when it's long.

IMHO, It sounds to me babytoes like you take pride in your appearance, and I think you should keep your beautiful long red hair, like you say you are comfortable with it, and IMHO whatever age you are you are entitled to wear your hair however you like. By the way IMHO the ones that don't make any comments on your hair are usually the ones that are Jealous because you look good.

North end of forty!!!!! I love it :59:! Im north end of 40 going on south of 50:15:

I bet you look great calico, the reason I say that is I have a son and it takes a great deal to impress them so you must look good!!!.

One good thing that comes with age is knowledge and despite Glen wotsisface treating us all like fashion morons, most of us know what look good and wear our clothes well.

Do I have the courage to wear the winter white Centigrade coat that has just arrived though???Bet

Yes Bet you wear it and why not! If it fits nice and you like it then why not.

i thought it was a bit rich that susannah constantine was berating one of the women on the show for having lip injections when her mate "Tranny" has been sporting a major trout pout for the last two years.

I read an article today whilst waiting for my appointment at the hospital about the two of them and Trinny says how the best way to be glam over 50 is to have Botox !!! That just about says it all these days doesnt' it?

I wanted to kick the gobshyte that remarked that I had to get my hair cut at my age(35). I had to get my freaking hair cut because due to illness it was falling out and not in good condition. The SOB who said this was a mid 40's puffy faced alkie.:64:

i think the older you get the more freedom you have. when younger we sometimes try to conform more peer pressure stuff. now i am older i want to be allowed as an adult person to dress the way i want.that is a bonus with age.

I wanted to kick the gobshyte that remarked that I had to get my hair cut at my age(35). I had to get my freaking hair cut because due to illness it was falling out and not in good condition. The SOB who said this was a mid 40's puffy faced alkie.:64:

Then you should take no notice of him/her!

S*d them!

Thirty five - you are young anyway and it would not matter if you were 102 it's your hair and your life.

I am fat 50, going grey and Trinny and Susssannnah would eat me for dinner (at least one of them could do with a good meal!) and I think of the Jenny Joseph poem often!

Dont despair Calico!

Humph indeed! I'm at the north end of forty and have blonde hair just past my shoulders. A couple of years ago I decided to go to a darker blonde but if I have it short I'll look gross. Kind of like a stork flying out of a haystack, in view of my rather generous nose. I hate being in my forties - it's very confusing as you're neither young or old. I don't know what to wear, what sort of make-up to use or how to have my blummin' hair.
Son's impressed though as he's told me (!) I like Drum'n'Bass and Gangsta Rap and has filled my phone with the stuff. Said I can never hum the tune to Spitfire right though... :D

I have been in a similar situation to you as many of us probably have to. I think I've turned the corner though after feeling downright depressed with my appearance for a year or so. I finally decided that I should be grateful for what I had and that I was lucky to be getting close to my half century at all! I went off and got some professional advice on my makeup, hair and clothes and its perked me up again.

Latest posts

Back