Joy looks best in Tiana B

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
Imo, Joy the plus size model looks by far the best in the Tiana B dresses. I don't much like the look of the slimey material but Joy always looks lovely in them, unlike the skinny models, the dresses look totally shapeless on them.:grin:

Imo, Joy the plus size model looks by far the best in the Tiana B dresses. I don't much like the look of the slimey material but Joy always looks lovely in them, unlike the skinny models, the dresses look totally shapeless on them.:grin:

I agree: the dresses look like potato sacks on the less curvy models.

Also, Joy's colouring looks amazing in the sharp bright colours Tiana B come in: I feel sorry for her when QVC stick her in pastels or a draining black - it makes her look knackered.

WHY does QVC insist on referring to her as a "plus size model"? If news reports are correct, Joy is quite probably around average size for a British woman.

So why single her out with a label? Is not like they call any of the others "underfed" or "potentially skeletal". :devil:

Also, Joy's colouring looks amazing in the sharp bright colours Tiana B come in: I feel sorry for her when QVC stick her in pastels or a draining black - it makes her look knackered.

WHY does QVC insist on referring to her as a "plus size model"? If news reports are correct, Joy is quite probably around average size for a British woman.

So why single her out with a label? Is not like they call any of the others "underfed" or "potentially skeletal". :devil:

It is very annoying - This week on the Lorraine show they have been asking for entries into their 'CURVY model' competition - you must be at least a SIZE 12!!!!!!! I would say a size 12 is not exactly curvy - some people look positively skinny at size 12.

Even though sometimes her tits are touching her eyebrows, Joy's got an amazing figure:call:

I know! They don't seem to call her Joy, it's always Joy-our-plus-size-model.

I was going to start a thread on this myself because I was watching this morning and totally agree that the dresses look better on the larger model. Even OH agreed, although he said he didn't like the dress prints. I think a size 12 being curvy would depend on the height of the woman, I for one would love to see more 5'2 models.

Even though sometimes her tits are touching her eyebrows, Joy's got an amazing figure:call:

LOL! I would love to know what bra make she uses (not Breezies I bet) as they always seem to be heading north and not south, this is needed purely for FUTURE information of course!! :wink:

WHY does QVC insist on referring to her as a "plus size model"? If news reports are correct, Joy is quite probably around average size for a British woman. So why single her out with a label? Is not like they call any of the others "underfed" or "potentially skeletal". :devil:

That annoys me too!! They have to always point out 'and Joy our plus size model is wearing the size 18'. Do they say the others are wearing a size 10 or 12? Nope, seems like they're rubbing it in sometimes.

I'm not in the least bit impressed with the very loud patterns on the dresses, and yes they do look shapeless on the skinnier models. JR put a belt round hers, and said that is how she preferred to wear hers........it still looked a b*gger though. Certainly not worth the money, you can get far better stuff out on the high street. I wish these American designers would flog their wares to the American public rather than bringing the tat over here.

Joy has a fab figure. She's very in proportion. I agree the Tiana B dresses really suit her and make her silhouette nice and smooth. I guess she must have some serious underwear on also though.

In the midnight launch show JR told us she was wearing the size 8, then quickly went on to introduce "Joy our plus-size model is wearing a size 18". We get it Julia - you are tiny

In the midnight launch show JR told us she was wearing the size 8, then quickly went on to introduce "Joy our plus-size model is wearing a size 18". We get it Julia - you are tiny

Joy looked better by a mile though. Noticed the toe posts were having another airing last night.

Size 8-man tent, more like :devil:

That annoys me too!! They have to always point out 'and Joy our plus size model is wearing the size 18'. Do they say the others are wearing a size 10 or 12? Nope, seems like they're rubbing it in sometimes.

I said exactly the same thing to OH last night while watching the launch show. Every time Joy came out, Julia 'I'm a small' (yeah, whatever...) Roberts had to bang on, "and Joy is wearing an 18 just so you know." We know, you've told us 50 times in the last 10 minutes.

Jealousy perhaps that Joy, with her lovely skintone and figure looked much more attractive than the Queen Bee??....just my opinion. :smirk:

Jealousy perhaps that Joy, with her lovely skintone and figure looked much more attractive than the Queen Bee??....just my opinion. :smirk:

I wonder: have you ever seen close ups of the thinner models, and how old their faces are?

Then compare them to Joy, who looks amazing and is a better example for women watching than anyone else.

Even the likes of Beth has lost weight since she started on QVC. I wonder if it's a QVC directive: "fuller" models only get wheeled out for certain ranges.

I'd LOVE to see Joy in B&W rather than the anorexic models that normally appear.

joy is nearly 6' so actually looks a size 14 in real life. she looks a lot bigger on tv. she also dresses a lot better lol!:cheeky:

Joy is fab, I have mentioned it before and the fact the shorter lengths are ridiculous on her and do her a disservice. JR said that at a fashion event women commented on the too short length of their dresses, more like Q have read this Forum. The guest mentioned today that the TSV was made longer cos European women are taller that US and Germany even taller. They should have done their market research yonks ago, but are we grateful for the change in length? It won't make me buy this range. JR looked awful in the TSV belted or not and she certainly doesn't look like an 8 to me.

Latest posts

Back