Joan Rivers & QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Selly telly novice

Registered Shopper
While rummaging around the net today looking for something I needed for work & uni, came across this rather interesting article in Forbes about Joan Rivers relationship with QVC.

I know her product line was popular, but I had never realised how popular.

Also gives a little background about the financial relationship Q has with its suppliers and ultimately its customers.

Sorry but I Can't seem to source the web link (just comes up Forbes.com, then you need to search for the article), but if you google "Joan Rivers Forbes", it's the first search item to appear, under the tag line "Curious case of Joan Rivers QVC line".

Happy reading.

While rummaging around the net today looking for something I needed for work & uni, came across this rather interesting article in Forbes about Joan Rivers relationship with QVC.

I know her product line was popular, but I had never realised how popular.

Also gives a little background about the financial relationship Q has with its suppliers and ultimately its customers.

Sorry but I Can't seem to source the web link (just comes up Forbes.com, then you need to search for the article), but if you google "Joan Rivers Forbes", it's the first search item to appear, under the tag line "Curious case of Joan Rivers QVC line".

Happy reading.

Here it is The Curious Case of Joan Rivers' QVC line

Elvis has made more money since his death. Michael Jackson was nearly bankrupt before he died, now the family are fighting over his money made since his death.

Trust me when I go nothing left!!!:mysmilie_17:

Thanks for posting .Very interesting about the massive markups Q puts on items .Makes me even less likely to buy from them.

I also am not intending to leave much when I go.Already done what I can to help the kids while they need it.

I remember the Joan Rivers items - essentially a load of tat made from base metals. The collections seemed to feature eggs and bumblebees a lot.

I have just read the article above and QVC's markups are not that much for the jewellery trade.
The article quotes an item bought for $100 being sold for $200, well a jewellery shop would sell it for $300 !
This mark up was common practise in the jewellery business in the 1990's, I don't what their mark up is now though - maybe a bit less with Internet trade.

Latest posts

Back