Jilly Halliday was pulled out the show after one minute of presenting

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

if she was suffering from d&v she couldn't carry on could she? it's not like having a coold or a sore throat or something when you can just soldier on.

BB - i don't have pierced ears not because i'm scared - why is that the automatic assumption? it's because i personally think holes look revolting, espcially when they turn into slits. i have no problem finding clip earrings.

But you're not selling earrings.

And Craig doesn't have boobs, yet I've just seen him selling dresses (although I had the sound turned down, it was just on in the backround while listening to radio 4)

Hardly believe Craig came in to help, he was probably in the building preparing for the show at midnight.
And Julia has just said Craig bought 4 and yet someone said he'd got 5. MMMMMMmmmmm funny that

but charlie and dale are

But they're not female.

Although I wonder sometimes when it comes to Charlie.

Bottom line is that Jilly Halliday has made the ear thing her personal statement. Given that its the most interesting thing about her TV persona perhaps I should let her *yawn* get on with it. And her ballet pumps.

Hardly believe Craig came in to help, he was probably in the building preparing for the show at midnight.
And Julia has just said Craig bought 4 and yet someone said he'd got 5. MMMMMMmmmmm funny that
Maybe one for himself and 4 as pressies?
Julia also was saying she was worried there may not be any left for "us" :thinking: :thinking:

Well she is Sid Halliday's daughter, shouldn't she get bonus points for that? That is a real music and entertainment pedigree, none of this I was in Grange Hill mullarkey.

I've noticed for a while that maybe due to all the complexities of booking presenters in advance for late shows, they seem to put huge pressure on them to turn up no matter what. I agree people should stay at home though. Still once there, I don' t blame her for not wanting to crap herself on live tv, seems a fair request. Hope she feels better, but I have really noticed poor hygeine at QVC considering the constant parade of coughing presenters (AY had to go off last night I think, didn't see it but DF had stepped in) and guests, not to mention the shared skincare and make up. The other day Daniel Sandler used something to reduce shine and demonstrated it on his shiny head, then on the presenter (same applicator) to the face, then back (now third hand) with the same powder puff on the poor horrified model. I think Laura Geller did something similar with an eye product. With letting staff come in sick and then doing that...perhaps they'll all be so ill soon we'll switch on to a blank screen or an endless loop of DF and the mini torches.

Yeh she was probably ill at the thought of a couple of straight talking women calling her out for her regulation wide trousers and ballet pumps.

Jilly Halliday is too scared to have her ears pierced.

Go figure.

I just read yesterday that Jilly had her ears pierced live on air about three years ago as part of a QVC challenge ..I didn't see it myself mind you..

yeah, I saw jilly on the chocci show leaning forward, hands on the counter, face contorted in pain trying to say her spiel, then cut to all the q'v adverts and I just knew the writing was on the wall and we'd see another presenter replacing her. Really looked like she was ready to have a massive dose of the skits. When I heard she was to be on after that with Trinny&Susannah, I wasn't surprised...

Good old Julia and Craig saving the day!

I thought Jilly suddenly looked like a rabbit in the headlights, she swallowed a couple of times too, which is what I do if I feel sick and am trying to delay things. Perhaps the woft of chocolate finished her off, I can understand that. Last thing I need if I feel a bit dodgy is the smell of food in front of me. Get well soon Jilly!!

And on the T&S front, I thought that whilst they were informative they were coarse and inappropriate. T*ts and ar*e every other sentence are just not suitable for live tv, surely the Q bods should have been pulled them up on it during a break. Tell you what though when S pulled up her dress and revealed, well revealed everything, I absolutely roared with laughter. Has this woman no decorum - and poor Craig, I bet he wished he hadn't answered that last minute call tonight LOL. They must have had so many complaints about them that I doubt if they will be allowed back on, but they were very entertaining even if for totally the wrong reasons.

I rewound that bit before I went to bed and watched it again just for another chuckle, and I heard Craig say "oh, and its nice to meet you too Susannah" classic!!

Yeh she was probably ill at the thought of a couple of straight talking women calling her out for her regulation wide trousers and ballet pumps.

Jilly Halliday is too scared to have her ears pierced.

Go figure.

Does that mean all of us who dont have pierced ears are scared ????? You may be right ! in my case I saw too many girls at school with scabby, infected and weeping ear lobes who had to wear 'sleepers' until they were healed - NOT a pretty sight and in fact put me off for life ! And dont know how old you are BB but back in the hedonistic (?) 60's it was mainly old ladies with stretched ear lobes who had their ears pierced - the rest of us wore huge floral jobs that were either clip on or screws !

Having recently had some unknown sickness bug I truly sympathise with Jilly. I set off for meetings that I didn't get to and it took me four hours to get back home. My journey consisted of walking, bus, train and car with frequent bouts of projectile vomiting and sitting still trying to get the strength up to put one foot in front of the other.

The absolute pinnacle of my day was throwing up in the reception of one of the poshest hotels in central London. Absolutely no warning whatsoever.

The upside is that I lost an inch off my waist due to that particular bug and I've managed to keep the weight off.

Oh, Flamenco. In front of all those people! (((((hugs))))) WhatABlessing that you had such a kind-hearted person to help you. As I live on my own, I make sure I have a few bottles of CarrotJuice in the pantry, JustInCase. I drink it diluted with water, so I'm getting some nutrients 'til TheWorstIsOver. GetBetterJilly :heart:

But surely she's a grown woman and would have known her tummy was bad, and NOT go into work and also spread it round . I work in a hospital and if i'd anything like that wrong with me, its the last place i would go. Maybe it just came on her all of a sudden, embarrassing though[/QUOTE

Oh, don't! my tummy is rumbling just reading about it! lol

Does that mean all of us who dont have pierced ears are scared ????? You may be right ! in my case I saw too many girls at school with scabby, infected and weeping ear lobes who had to wear 'sleepers' until they were healed - NOT a pretty sight and in fact put me off for life ! And dont know how old you are BB but back in the hedonistic (?) 60's it was mainly old ladies with stretched ear lobes who had their ears pierced - the rest of us wore huge floral jobs that were either clip on or screws !

I'm 22 :happy:

Latest posts

Back