Jilly Halliday on Family Fortunes!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Radiomike

Registered Shopper
Did anyone else spot Jilly Halliday on the 6pm Family Fortunes on Challenge tonight?

It was made in 1983 and presented by Max Bygraves - she even did an impression of him...(!)

The family won through to the final Big Money round, with Jilly (or Jill as she was then) answering second. She did well, but missed the top prize of £1500 by just four points.

It's bound to be repeated, so keep an eye out for it.

Despite the criticism she gets for her hair and repeated sayings, I do think she is the only presenter who knows what suits her fashionwise and sticks with it. Ok she more often than not wears her black slacks with ballet pumps and rings the changes with her tops, but she never looks outrageous, and for a larger gal is always quietly elegant.

Despite the criticism she gets for her hair and repeated sayings, I do think she is the only presenter who knows what suits her fashionwise and sticks with it. Ok she more often than not wears her black slacks with ballet pumps and rings the changes with her tops, but she never looks outrageous, and for a larger gal is always quietly elegant.

Funny how we all see things. I take the opposite view brissles.
I think she could potentially give any one of the female presenters a run for their money, but she just can't be bothered.
The 1960s/70s centre parting with two curtains of hair hanging down each side of her face does nothing but drag down her features. It has no movement or life of it's own, it just hangs. True it looks well conditioned but it also looks washed, combed and allowed to dry. Nothing else.
The uniform - black slacks, pumps and a top that covers a multitude of sins is just tired. It requires no thought. It's fine for a busy mum, but for TV - no. I get the impression that she only wears make-up because she would look featureless without any on the screen.
That's the look she favours so fine - her choice, but I think it is boring and a waste of beautiful features.

I agree Minim. She seems like a lovely lady and has really good features. She sometimes looks very attractive. But she definitely needs to do something with her hair and clothes. The fact that she doesn't have her ears pierced tells me that she is afraid of something, change maybe? I once saw a photo of her dressed up for a wedding and she looked very striking. Apart from the hair :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm with her on the ear piercing. I'm not afraid, I just don't fancy holes in my earlobes - yet, I'm very tempted by a tragus piercing.
(See, there's no logic to me)
21 has got one & it's very pretty & out of the way. Just zap it in & forget about it - till you tug it that is lol.
Now that piercing hurts, but what the heck, you get over it.

Capirossi, not everyone in the world has their ears pierced - in fact I find it another form of discrimination when I see beautiful earrings to buy but they are only made for the pierced ears of this world !

I remember only too well, school friends having septic ears and wearing sleepers for months, and elderly ladies having long droopy earlobes from years of wearing heavy earrings, most unsightly - (I believe there is now a surgical procedure to have this problem rectified..... eee gods, more pain), so I shall stick with the screws and clip ons. At least all my earrings are still paired up - unlike pierced friends who constantly 'lose' an earring due to 'butterflies' falling off !!!!

I appreciate that. I very rarely wear earrings myself to be honest! I just think it's part of the whole thing with Jilly that she seems loathe to change anything about herself. I could be wrong however!

Sorry, but I think Jilly looks well and truly frumpy, and definitely has an air of "I couldn't care less what I look like" thing going on....just smacks of laziness to me and she looks old before her time. A decent hairstyle would work wonders I'm sure.

you don't need to wear heavy earings, pierces studs or little snuggies are classics. Clip ons are just awful, I wore them before I had my ears peirced and they were either agony or fell off! Earings balance and help to frame the face, and a bit of a twinkle is lovely. Jilly does not have to wear too much make up if it makes her feel like a different person and therefore uncomfortable. She doesn't need a lot anyway, her skin is fantastic. I think her hair is the main problem, all she needs is about 6 inches chopped off and maybe a few layers put in. You don't need to be blow dried to within an inch of your life to look good. It's just too long and too heavy at the moment. Some wide leg trousers, and a nice jacket would suit Jilly. I don't like the cut of her usual choice of trousers, they are dated and unflattering.

Latest posts

Back