Jill Franks on the Australian Bodycare hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perhaps if all members posted regularly there might be a wider range of opinions, but I'm inclined to think that it would just mean that the "I'm right" "you're wrong" "I'm out" numbers would just be proportionally bigger.

Do you want the forum to be totally factual, ie someone does the donkey work in order to advance post about TSV's or do you want it to be factual, fun and feisty?

How about starting a few new threads rather than leaving it up to a handful to keep the whole forum from dying?

Absolutely brilliantly put. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::mysmilie_508:

I agree that at times the posts get like Groundhog Day but then that is a reflection of Q itself which is the epitome of churning out the same old same old.

However as soon as this becomes a happy clappy love in of all thing Q and their presenters is the first day I'm out of here.

If you want it to be different do something about it by posting a variety of threads.

I notice that when things get staid and boring some lovely active member will start up a lighthearted thread which brings out the best of humour. Try it sometime, not as easy as it sounds but at least we make an effort.

You're right, lati. A forum just about QVC products would be really, REALLY boring, particularly if everyone simply sung the praises of everything and everyone QVC which wouldn't ring true anyway because nothing and no-one is that perfect. If you don't like the threads, put your money where your mouth is and start another.

You'll find that posters will be in two camps: those that agree with you and those that don't - simple as. I don't know of any trolls at the moment, just people with strong opinions.

I like this forum. It's lively. Generally the people are OK and have experience of life. People are generally helpful and informative. Yes, people do get on their high horses at times. I'm sure I'm not immune to that. I just think a few people might just take stock of things and remember that it is just words on an internet screen. Nothing anybody writes on here poses any threat to anyone's existence. It's always interesting to see how people take things. It's generally the lesser mortals that will misinterpret things - deliberately or otherwise. For example when I said Jill "looked like / appeared a harrowed harridan" doesn't exactly equate with me stating that she "is" a harridan. For what it's worth I think she is probably a nice enough person in her own way. She is kind to animals so she can't be all that bad. I do, however, think she LOOKS like a harrowed harridan. She is so thin it greatly increases the etched lines on her visage, giving her the appearance of a sinewy carcass draped in skin. If she plumped up a little I dare say she'd look a little better. As Eamonn Holmes famously said: "You don't see wrinkles on a balloon."

You're right, lati. A forum just about QVC products would be really, REALLY boring, particularly if everyone simply sung the praises of everything and everyone QVC which wouldn't ring true anyway because nothing and no-one is that perfect. If you don't like the threads, put your money where your mouth is and start another.

You'll find that posters will be in two camps: those that agree with you and those that don't - simple as. I don't know of any trolls at the moment, just people with strong opinions.

That would be like DF's back to you group.

I used to use it on my boxers, until I read that it can be dangerous for dogs. Unfortunate, because it really helps.

They really shouldn't talk about using any of their beauty products on animals. They've twice read tweets from a woman who uses Propolis Gel on her dog, and that has several ingredients which can be toxic to dogs. Nobody should ever use "human" products on any animal without checking with a vet first. Just because they're ok for us doesn't mean they're safe for other species.

Yes it always amuses me when members make no contribution but come out of the woodwork to like someone's post.

. . . .it doesn't stop her from looking like Skeletor's sister . . . . .

You should check your references before you use them, Skeletor is a huge, muscle-bound character with a body like Mr Universe.

Yes it always amuses me when members make no contribution but come out of the woodwork to like someone's post.

I very rarely "like" posts. I remember a time when it was switched off because it caused so much aggro. It amuses me when you know certain posters will NEVER like your post or comment. They'll like or thank every other comment but yours. The forum equivalent of not spitting on you if you were on fire.

I very rarely "like" posts. I remember a time when it was switched off because it caused so much aggro. It amuses me when you know certain posters will NEVER like your post or comment. They'll like or thank every other comment but yours. The forum equivalent of not spitting on you if you were on fire.

Remember the 'dislike' button, that caused more aggro than anything.

I agree that at times the posts get like Groundhog Day but then that is a reflection of Q itself which is the epitome of churning out the same old same old.

However as soon as this becomes a happy clappy love in of all thing Q and their presenters is the first day I'm out of here.If you want it to be different do something about it by posting a variety of threads.

I notice that when things get staid and boring some lovely active member will start up a lighthearted thread which brings out the best of humour. Try it sometime, not as easy as it sounds but at least we make an effort.

Like all the telephone callers you mean !! now that's something that REALLY makes me hit the mute button.

I love this forum ..it's better than FB any day of the week ..I've had a few arguments lol but I love it here ...some very kind people here too. I always say it but it's true ..the nicest and most interesting forum I've ever been on ..and I've stayed longer than any other too :mysmilie_12:

Latest posts

Back