Jill Franks ingenue dresses

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Some Ingenue dresses look a bit Mumsy.

I bought a dinner suit and wore it when DH and I used to go to summer and Xmas balls. It was intended for a short spherical man (I'm only 5' tall) so I had it taken in for the first few occasions, and had it let out again when I was pregnant. I can thoroughly recommend it and I got far more attention than I would in a frock.

Popcorn cardis are very lightweight and come in a variety of colours, have no buttons and can be tie knotted. They are generally a step up from the cobwebby shrugs/boleros that do the same job but which are normally a one size fits all.

For decades I would never consider a sleeveless dress, but now I have quite a few, simply because I can always find a colour match "popcorn or cobweb" to wear with it. I have loads in every colour imaginable and they are a fantastic arm cover up without the weight.

Do you have a link or website I can look at? I have bad psoriasis patches under my arms so I prefer to wear a cover up with sleeveless dresses especially if I'm having a bad flare up so would be very interested in these as I have a few of the cobweb shrugs but the are a bit casual for some things.

Some Ingenue dresses look a bit Mumsy.

Yep totally agree, some look like they would have been around in the 50's, which I find strange considering Mena's age but I suppose designers have to cater for all ages but sometimes I see a print and really think its awful I suppose because it's really not me and yet it sells out, no doubt they look good on some people tho.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back