Jill Franks - a nutrition expert?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marina

Registered Shopper
I'm watching a repeat hour where JF is flogging bathroom scales. JF said a few times that she is a nutrition expert and she has clients who she tells this and that giving them advice on dieting and nutrition. I was listening in horror.

I'm watching a repeat hour where JF is flogging bathroom scales. JF said a few times that she is a nutrition expert and she has clients who she tells this and that giving them advice on dieting and nutrition. I was listening in horror.

Yeh I heard that too. I must admit though, as much as I hate to say it, what she was saying did make a lot of sense ....

I saw her 'in the flesh' at one of the pop-in events and I thought she looked really healthy... yes, she is thin but some people just are...

JF is so not my fave presenter,but I can't slate her for being thin - I think thats her natural shape.I know years and years ago she was the *fitness* expert on QVC like Glan C is the *fashion*.I was quite horrified when she first made that move over to a *normal* presenter,now its hard to think of her as anything else

Isn'y that a bit like getting sex ed from a nun? (nearly said priest or cardinal but that didn't seem quite appropriate).

Jude xx

Isn'y that a bit like getting sex ed from a nun? (nearly said priest or cardinal but that didn't seem quite appropriate).

Jude xx

Not really... why do people assume Jill doesn't know her nutrition and pysiology?

Is it her ditzy on-screen persona or her shape and size?

She looks fit and healthy to me,thin does not equate to not understanding about nutrition.

She has real enthusiasm when she discusses "A healthy lifestyle" product.

I don`t have any issues with her size, shape, previous experience etc but what puts me off anything she says is her hard sell and her whimsical ( note I don`t say lying ) attitude towards everything she sells. She wants/needs/owns/praises absolutely everything and you see her on one programme going ape about a particular moisturiser for example and then the following day she`s going equally ape about another. So nowadays I think people just doubt her credibility full stop and it does her no favours.

Not really... why do people assume Jill doesn't know her nutrition and pysiology?

Is it her ditzy on-screen persona or her shape and size?
Knowing JFas a presenter on QVC doesn't instill any confidence in me to take any advice from her.
Apologies to all JF lovers but she talks nonsense most of the time she is on air.
I wasn't referring to her being thin in my first post only to her shallow on-screen persona from whom I don't feel I can take advice.
To be perfectly honest I only caught a bit of that hour where she was saying that she has clients and gives them advice, but I didn't hear her actual advice on nutrition. Presenters will say anything to flog goods, you may all remember how they were raving about the Diet Chef, how nutritious and balanced it was, and we were discussing on here that it's high in sugar etc. I've come to the point that I don't believe a word they are all saying even when it's truth because they lie 90% of the time, I just look at reviews elsewhere if I'm interested in a product. All they want is our hard earned money by any means possible.

Last edited:
Like many others, I am puzzled as to why anyone would think she shouldn't be a nutritionist. She certainly doesn't appear to overindulge and is clearly fit.

I find it bizaar that a nutritionist and diet expert has, in the past, said on air that she doesn't "do" kitchens !!!! Figure that one out ! So does her advice include eating out 7 days a week ?

I find it bizaar that a nutritionist and diet expert has, in the past, said on air that she doesn't "do" kitchens !!!! Figure that one out ! So does her advice include eating out 7 days a week ?

Steams everything apparently.

Think it's been mentioned before, but Jill has problems with her back and shoulder (I think, though I may be wrong, she has scoliosis? sp?) and uses diet and fitness as a way of controlling her condition, that's also where her love of supplements comes from too. I'd generally be more inclined to take fitness and health advice from her than I would any beauty products she recommended :wink:. I'm a similar build to her, in fact, I'm actually more slender than she is, I think she looks very toned and healthy.

I don't take seriously anything she says. How can one person use so many QVC products like she claims she does?
She not only uses them all, but she "love, love, love" and is a "must have" "cannot live without" the item she is presenting at that particular airing.

Watching her with Lulu G, probably one of the most relaxed & normal times I've seen JF. I agree the constant "I need you on those phones" and "This is one of my ultimate desert island products, just can't live without..." (for practically every prodict remotely associated with beauty), I find quite nausiating.

Watching her with Lulu G, probably one of the most relaxed & normal times I've seen JF. I agree the constant "I need you on those phones" and "This is one of my ultimate desert island products, just can't live without..." (for practically every prodict remotely associated with beauty), I find quite nausiating.

Oh, Nikki, did you not see the last few minutes.....you would have been physically sick:puke: How can anyone be so fawning :doh: In the last few seconds, Lulu just looked bemused:giggle:

God help me, JF is hyperventilating about Alpha-H the best brand ever, when we on here know that it breaks her out and she can't/doesn't use it.
Should I be taking any advice from this woman who is a blatant liar and does it for money? I don't think so, she has totally discredited herself in my eyes, nutritionist or not when her advice in totally influenced by her job. I do understand that she is doing her job, but the fact remains that she lies to millions of audience and some people do hang on each word. Rant over.

Last edited:
Think it's been mentioned before, but Jill has problems with her back and shoulder (I think, though I may be wrong, she has scoliosis? sp?) and uses diet and fitness as a way of controlling her condition, that's also where her love of supplements comes from too. I'd generally be more inclined to take fitness and health advice from her than I would any beauty products she recommended :wink:. I'm a similar build to her, in fact, I'm actually more slender than she is, I think she looks very toned and healthy.

I wouldn't have thought wearing skyscraper heels was good for someone who suffers from scoliosis.

Latest posts

Back