JF's Swimming Pool Remark

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jill Franks to me is a 'monkey in a velvet jacket'. I think a similar saying is said about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear or something. This term is used in Spain where my husband comes from. It means that no matter what riches you may have, the way you wear your finest clothes or jewels, if you are as common as muck, as she, then you'll never look any different.. Sorry to all the Jill fans out there but I've said it now.

The silly bint's just delving into the shopping channel dictionary of "scenarios" bless 'er heart!

Robe...mmm...let me think

Put it on after a bath.....No brainer, but I'll say it anyway

answer the door to the postman....yes ok

lazy day indoors....I'm on a roll now

Ideal for the motorhome...er not really

Son or daughter off to university....teacher's present...maybe not

I've got it.....Lounging around beside your private pool!!!!!

Ok, the last sentence might address 5 customers, but it's wasted 5 minutes of a presentation that only requires this....."It's a bathrobe, it's comes in one size, two colours and costs £30!"

You forgot the school run.

I think I can speak for my fellow Forumite Lizgregs and myself by saying that we both have a swimming pool at the bottom of our respective gardens...

...it's called Morecambe Bay :giggle:

(Mind you if either of us are found to be sat on the prom in Carole Hochman we should just jump in at high tide :mysmilie_854:)

Never fails to amaze me how QVC presenters can sometimes alienate 99.9% of their viewers in just one sentence.

If you had that much money for a house with a pool I am sure you would not be walking round in a CH robe or shopping at QVC/IW or any of the other shopping channels.

No indeed. They'd probably be luxurious ones that accidentally found their way into the suitcase after that all-expenses paid business trip in a top hotel! Look after the pennies... as the saying goes. Not that I speak from experience of course, having neither pool nor robe.

I nearly had a "pool" in my pants laughing at these posts!!
"Monkey in a velvet jacket" love it love it love it!! so descriptive, JF even has a slighty simian air to her. It is so true that no amount of cash can buy style.

Latest posts

Back