Jan springer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Watched the gold show on Monday with creepy Charlie, he really is getting worse, ooh and ahhing over every tatty item.

Back to the plot - there was a thin 18ct chain which I quite liked, so ordered it. Jan was saying how lovely it was, unusual, etc. Belatedly read the reviews, where everyone said it was cheap and tinny so cancelled the order.

What is the point of Jan Springer if she does not give honest appraisals of the jewellery. anyone can sit there and say it is all wonderful, but a bit of truth just now and then really would be so nice.

I don't watch the gold shows anymore. There was a time when they did some quite unusual stuff especially in hoops, but now I find there's a lot of similar items at huge prices. I don't buy gold unless it's on offer and I fancy the stones. I'd prefer Veronese. If they did some unusual pieces again I would be a happy bunny. A nice puzzle ring perhaps?!!

Watched the gold show on Monday with creepy Charlie, he really is getting worse, ooh and ahhing over every tatty item.

Back to the plot - there was a thin 18ct chain which I quite liked, so ordered it. Jan was saying how lovely it was, unusual, etc. Belatedly read the reviews, where everyone said it was cheap and tinny so cancelled the order.

What is the point of Jan Springer if she does not give honest appraisals of the jewellery. anyone can sit there and say it is all wonderful, but a bit of truth just now and then really would be so nice.

Although I do like Charlie I don't tend to watch a gold show if Jan Springer is on, how can you take her seriously, she just sits there looking like an unmade bed ... I am surprised that someone hasn't suggested she has a hair cut or maybe wear a trendy hat.

Although I do like Charlie I don't tend to watch a gold show if Jan Springer is on, how can you take her seriously, she just sits there looking like an unmade bed ... I am surprised that someone hasn't suggested she has a hair cut or maybe wear a trendy hat.

She's selling things that are meant to make you look good but her appearance just isn't up to scratch, so why would you listen to her opinion?

BTW I like Charlie too.

She's selling things that are meant to make you look good but her appearance just isn't up to scratch, so why would you listen to her opinion?

Coupled with the fact I have yet to really hear her say anything about the jewellery that the presenter couldn't have come up with on their own, she brings little or nothing to the shows information wise & is positively duller than ditchwater to listen to anyway!

BTW I like Charlie too.

I <s>don't</s> didn't like Charlie (smarm personified! *shudder*) but.......I saw him on the Charlie Bears show & thought he was quite fun, seemed to be enjoying himself too! Warmed to him a little after that but still can't stand him doing the jewellery shows! lol

I don't tend to watch a gold show if Jan Springer is on, how can you take her seriously, she just sits there looking like an unmade bed ...
Unmade bed!! :SUE: Yes that's the perfect description. :D :pPC:

she looks like she has been dragged through a hedge backwards
I like Charlie,he has a rather nice sense of humour

Totally agree with you on every point.

Don't know if they still do, but they used to bill her as the gold expert, uh expert indeed, she has no answers for questions, just responses like "this is so in now", pathetic from an "expert".

I <s>don't</s> didn't like Charlie (smarm personified! *shudder*) but.......I saw him on the Charlie Bears show & thought he was quite fun, seemed to be enjoying himself too! Warmed to him a little after that but still can't stand him doing the jewellery shows! lol

When he works with Dawn Bibby they always seem to have a good laugh together which makes for an enjoyable show.

Is it her hair you object to? I am just a bit worried because my hair is very similar - though not grey yet.

Is it her hair you object to? I am just a bit worried because my hair is very similar - though not grey yet.

Roselinks be proud of your amazing head of hair. Many are not blessed
with such a luxurious head of hair with a lovely wavy in it.

I would make a guess that Jan might not feel uncomfortable being tarted up
and I dont blame her.
The trouble is though is that for this sort of job she does need to polish her look up without her ending up looking like a aging drag queen.
I fully understand how she might not look quite right for a lot of women
to take much notice of when it comes to her opinion on pieces of jewellery.
Blame QVC for the choice of Jan then.
We women are sadly so critical of our own and others appearances.

I'm not too bothered about her appearance, in fact I find her bland appearance much easier to look at than JR's often totally inappropriate dress sense and her over exposed chesticles. :rolleyes: With Jan it's just that she seems a waste of time to have on gold shows as she rarely states anything other than the bleeedin obvious and unfortunately doesn't have any charisma to compensate for the boredom of it all either. :pPC:

If Jan were to make more positive contributions to the programme and justify her "expert" billing few people would comment on her appearance. It is because she doesn't hold your attention that it wanders just like being bored at school in uninteresting lesson.
I do wonder whether she says so little of substance because she isn't that impressed with what is being shown or doesn't want to mislead us into thinking items are better value than they are.

Thanks Shushkin for the vote of confidence on the hair. Bit sensitive on the subject. Moving on, it is true that Jan's commentry is a bit flat. I have noticed that she wears the most beautiful noughts and crosses gold pendant with a diamond where the nought could be. It is truly stunning. I think that if you own a piece like that you can't really be that enthusiastic about QVC items. She tries her best but it doesn't come across as genuine.

jan springer

If Jan were to make more positive contributions to the programme and justify her "expert" billing few people would comment on her appearance. It is because she doesn't hold your attention that it wanders just like being bored at school in uninteresting lesson.
I do wonder whether she says so little of substance because she isn't that impressed with what is being shown or doesn't want to mislead us into thinking items are better value than they are.

thank you Clevercat, that sums it up beautifully.

Latest posts

Back