Jade Troth is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Omg what has Droning Troth done to his facial hair? I was flicking across channels late tonight and there he was flogging red jade bangles (has he bought the entire eu jade mountain?) And he had very peculiar shaped face furniture. Looks like the very beginning of a poirot style twirly moustache in the making! Has anyone else noticed or have you all switched over too quickly?
Just seen him: unfortunately, but coz he can't wear his horns in public, he's 'showing' them discretely in that beard ;) (His lil demon face).

Not the most original idea / reply, but does that suitcase come from the back of a Robin Reliant by any chance? Or were there too many blow up dolls in the back to contain that much Jade as well? :p

Blow-up dolls would probably sell better then the Jade.

Over to you Caroline - something to add to the Kimbie range!

Toby is going on and on about the high insurance valuations that people have been given on their various purchases and acts as if that equates to actual value. This has nothing whatsoever to do with value as we know but the presenter is nodding and agreeing with everything he’s saying and fawning over him most of the time. She keeps telling him how amazing he is. They’re both equally insufferable.Toby just keeps spitting out ridiculous carat prices for every single thing he’s selling.
Trouble is many people do think that an insurance valuation means that's what you'd expect to get for the piece, should you sell it on. We know this isn't the truth, but it suits the "smoke and mirrors" ethos to imply (but not say outright) this the actual value. In my book, this is another thing that if the ASA had any clout they would be proactive in telling the channels to make quite clear to viewers. Much tougher regulations definitely needed - the ASA at present seems to serve little useful purpose.

There’s an ancient thread here where lots of people were congratulating each other because of high valuations on their Paraiba tourmaline. They were sending champagne emojis and firework ones lol.And yes historymystery there absolutely are people out there who do equate it with value, big mistake to make.

There’s an ancient thread here where lots of people were congratulating each other because of high valuations on their Paraiba tourmaline. They were sending champagne emojis and firework ones lol.And yes historymystery there absolutely are people out there who do equate it with value, big mistake to make.
I've noticed that even some of the antiques shows on TV have mentioned in the past that insurance values do not mean this is what you'd get for the item if you sold it, so at least THEY show some responsibility in clarifying this for the punters. In fact, one of the old repeat shows I saw a couple of months back had an expert who mentioned that you might only get a third of the valuation at most. He was talking about a vintage/antique piece, but nevertheless. And the bottom line is always that you'll get what someone is prepared to pay for the item.

My view is that all this 'implication' should be stopped by selly telly regulation, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

Some cynical might think its a little odd that when Dave Troth was on Gems TV selling Jade a few days ago, someone called 'Leanne' messaged in hyping up a Jadeite item that Troth was flogging.

A few days before, I happened to notice that another messaged from 'Leanne' was also read out by Troth.

I've just tuned in to Gem Collector, and Emily is flogging a set of 12 carved monstrosities in a presentation case. On the screen is a message that says "I have this collection, they are perfectly formed, carved beautifully, and presented very well in a lovely box. Buy with confidence" - from............... Leanne, Devon.

Someone cynical might think that it could be a member of the production crew sending in messages claiming to be 'Leanne'.

Luckily, I am not cynical.........................

Requoting this post because I'm more convinced than ever that some of the so-called viewers messages are not what they seem - and I have suspicions that they're being sent by production crew.

Jake is on flogging a Ruby ring - and a message pops up saying that they can't believe the prices, etc. The message says "Sent 30 seconds ago".

So, if that's come from a genuine viewer, it's rather coincidental that it's been spotted amongst other viewers messages, read by a director/producer, and then put on screen within 30 seconds?

A message appeared on screen yesterday - and the time stamp said "Sent 2 seconds ago". Yeah, that's not suspicious at all..........

Requoting this post because I'm more convinced than ever that some of the so-called viewers messages are not what they seem - and I have suspicions that they're being sent by production crew.

Jake is on flogging a Ruby ring - and a message pops up saying that they can't believe the prices, etc. The message says "Sent 30 seconds ago".

So, if that's come from a genuine viewer, it's rather coincidental that it's been spotted amongst other viewers messages, read by a director/producer, and then put on screen within 30 seconds?

A message appeared on screen yesterday - and the time stamp said "Sent 2 seconds ago". Yeah, that's not suspicious at all..........
It is instant. It’s just the producer or director that publishes to tv. The presenter sees a screen with the messages in the studio also, but the producer or director picks what to publish. I have sent via app to Jeff’s show and 2 seconds later it has popped up on screen.

Now, now we all know there is nothing suspicious there. All above board, all genuine people selling the best quality jewellery the best presenters on shopping telly. With the great DT. We are so lucky, lucky.

Funny, he's selling a collection of loose stones, with his beloved jade too. Tells the world that they lost money the last time they did that for the 19th, and won't do it again. So, what are they doing? It again. (The left overs from the 19th.). Sat in the vault for around a year. Break it up and sell it on GC.

It's amazing how a channel that constantly has producers and directors "mistakenly" pricing items, sells stones at a loss, claims, "we should never be at this price, but..." - and sells 'fine' gemstones stones way below the trade prices listed in Jake's beloved Gem Guide book, all out of the goodness of their hearts for their "friends" in the living room, manages to stay in business.

Unless the presenters are telling lies. But I'm sure they'd never do that............

It's amazing how a channel that constantly has producers and directors "mistakenly" pricing items, sells stones at a loss, claims, "we should never be at this price, but..." - and sells 'fine' gemstones stones way below the trade prices listed in Jake's beloved Gem Guide book, all out of the goodness of their hearts for their "friends" in the living room, manages to stay in business.

Unless the presenters are telling lies. But I'm sure they'd never do that............
No, they wouldn't do that....much too honest and professional....I'm surprised the thought even entered your head,........

.....And the great comedy show keeps rolling on...

I've been home today and switched on quite a few times (and off again) and DT has been on, gesticulating in front of his screen, every single time - all day! Is it like when they used to do diamond day, today is Dave Troth day? I just had a look now and yes, there he is 😬

I've been home today and switched on quite a few times (and off again) and DT has been on, gesticulating in front of his screen, every single time - all day! Is it like when they used to do diamond day, today is Dave Troth day? I just had a look now and yes, there he is 😬
We've had trouble with our TV provider, so I have been without TV access (of anything I want to watch anyway), for 5 days. Got it back earlier today and one of the first faces I saw was DT. For a VERY short time :p

I just can't watch him, he's the only one I immediately switch off if I see him because I know he will ramble on for ages and ages with his stupid clocks. I don't mind any of the others, even when they start shouting and telling me a coated stone in gold tone is museum worthy. I really miss the old Gems tv, I think they've ruined it 😞

I just can't watch him, he's the only one I immediately switch off if I see him because I know he will ramble on for ages and ages with his stupid clocks. I don't mind any of the others, even when they start shouting and telling me a coated stone in gold tone is museum worthy. I really miss the old Gems tv, I think they've ruined it 😞
I've said it before, but I used to like him. Now, he bugs me. I do sometimes see if I can watch him, or should that be, how long can I watch him? I think I've managed 30 mins, but that's with the TV on mute, once I get the idea of what's "not" being sold in that hour, whilst doing something on the puter.

If they sold clear quartz that had inclusions, but not enough to make it rutile, he'd still say if this were jade, or show it alongside a jade piece. And if that quartz were tinted pink, he'd probably drag out the conch shell presentation as comparison ;)

I've been home today and switched on quite a few times (and off again) and DT has been on, gesticulating in front of his screen, every single time - all day! Is it like when they used to do diamond day, msn today is Dave Troth day? I just had a look now and yes, there he is 😬
What a pain in the ass! The man has no self- awareness.

Apparently he spent all of Wednesday night in hospital - but dashed to the studio because he couldn't wait to bring us this Mother of Pearl bangle. Ellis said he'd been "really poorly". Apparently he was going back to the hospital on Thursday night.

He price compared this bangle (which I think sold for £249 in the end), to an 18k WHITE GOLD bangle with a hint of Mother of Pearl on the ends - which cost over £1000. YES DAVE, BECAUSE YOU'RE PAYING FOR THE ****** GOLD!!

odtl28.jpg

Not sure what was wrong with Dave, but he looked OK and seemed able enough to stand and waffle on for an hour to flog 40 bangles.

Maybe they were doing a scan to see if they could find a personality?

Apparently he spent all of Wednesday night in hospital - but dashed to the studio because he couldn't wait to bring us this Mother of Pearl bangle. Ellis said he'd been "really poorly". Apparently he was going back to the hospital on Thursday night.

He price compared this bangle (which I think sold for £249 in the end), to an 18k WHITE GOLD bangle with a hint of Mother of Pearl on the ends - which cost over £1000. YES DAVE, BECAUSE YOU'RE PAYING FOR THE ****** GOLD!!

View attachment 29505

Not sure what was wrong with Dave, but he looked OK and seemed able enough to stand and waffle on for an hour to flog 40 bangles.

Maybe they were doing a scan to see if they could find a personality?
£249. Ouch. Gotta love a trier. That is top whack Retail and will probably never achieve that price again in the next 200 years...legacy jewellery, my foot.

Latest posts

Back