Jade Troth is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I e not mentioned this on this forum before but this thread seems fitting. I have a lot of trouble sleeping and have done for quite a while. About 6 months ago I had the idea to try putting some background noise on while I sleep to see if it helps. And what better to listen to to make you sleep?? That’s right- it’s gemporia every night. Listening to Dave drone on… I barely ever even hear him anymore, I am asleep before I know it. Luckily no nightmares involving Jadite and endless clocks so far but I’ll keep monitoring that.

Somebody tell me, why is it, that regardless of the price of items sold on Gems, do they insist (some more than others) that they always compare. Just now, they, they? He, is comparing jewellery items from the 1700s as well as one from the early 1900s to what they are selling now. THEY are immaterial, probably no more "on the market". How can they compare artisanal carvings to what is done today? Skills then and skills now are completely different. 'Probably' most skills now are assisted with machinery, then: no, or highly unlikely. Even if the carving is impressive for what it is, it is not at all really comparable to things made over 100 to 300 years old. Yes, you're fed up of me and my rants over comparisons, but bug me no end they do: have you noticed? :p

And on a side note. He could be selling a bag of manure (so polite, aren't I?) and STILL insist of equating it to Jade. As he has done so with the MoP he's talking about. Can't say selling :p It's been 45 or so minutes and nowt, price-wise has shown yet.
It was only a matter of time before they started comparing antique jewellery with what they're offering. No stone left unturned.

I've just had a quick look during the 2pm-3pm hour and was amazed that DT wasn't on there - just Ellis on her own selling a string of dyed freshwater pearls for £49.99 as the biggest bargain (of course). From the schedule it actually looks as though DT isn't on today.

Meant to say this morning but at least they're now warning us...
Screenshot_20240703_080704_Chrome.jpg

I know it's delayed, and after 2 or so hours being on air, our beloved DT is back at 7 tonight, but did 'you' see the large opal in silver with the small stones to the side? "There's a mistake" and "if they phone you back in a week or so, telling you the price is wrong and want to reimburse you". I know what I like and I like opals, but those opals, wrongly priced ;) I would suggest were the 'cloudier' ones that they used to sell when they first started selling Ethiopian opal. AKA, in my opinion, not wonderful enough to be 'priced' wrong.

And on a silly note. This is called JT is back. Is he ever 'off'? :p

Me again. Something of a soap box again? Probably. But. You could have DT (& co) having a piece of the KIng's Jade (priorly the Queen's) that was 'put together' by Faberge and bought over by pixies from the other side of the rainbow: aka PERFECT and SO rare, and he'd say that theirs is better. Joking aside about the Pixies, but, just heard him saying that basically 'other jades' that aren't the on-air dulong 'jade', aren't as good as dulong. My goodness! I ask ya.

Me again. Something of a soap box again? Probably. But. You could have DT (& co) having a piece of the KIng's Jade (priorly the Queen's) that was 'put together' by Faberge and bought over by pixies from the other side of the rainbow: aka PERFECT and SO rare, and he'd say that theirs is better. Joking aside about the Pixies, but, just heard him saying that basically 'other jades' that aren't the on-air dulong 'jade', aren't as good as dulong. My goodness! I ask ya.
As far as I know, Jade is only popular in China. So why all the promotions?
Gemporia never used to sell Jade!

Probably a cheap job lot that he can't offload to anyone else so selling it here to impress us!!. If it was that good the Chinese would have bought it
Yup. Most of the lesser quality gets sent abroad, and I reckon, coz DT can't make a living off his DHJ 'house', that's why he floods Gems with it. What's the phrase? He's bitten off more than he can chew.

Just watched DT and Ange showcasing Zambian emeralds. One particularly large (about 5 cts) emerald + diamond ring on show, and DT said he has to be very careful what he says about the ring, as he will be pulled up by ''whoever' if not!

He's followed that by talking about 'heirloom emeralds'.

Yup. Most of the lesser quality gets sent abroad, and I reckon, coz DT can't make a living off his DHJ 'house', that's why he floods Gems with it. What's the phrase? He's bitten off more than he can chew.

He needs Gemporia to push his David Harry Jewels brand because, lets be honest, nobody outside of Gemporia has any idea who he is (lucky them!). I would imagine the vast majority, if not all, DHJ customers are existing Gemporia customers. I can't see many people buying from him directly on a whim.

His DHJ website is a mess with incomplete pages. For someone that pushes supposedly high-end Jade carvings, and tries to give off the impression from his website that he's aimed at the 'luxury' market, you'd think he'd make the effort to make sure his website looks professional.

If I'd stumbled across his website, even if I was interested in his Jadeshite, I wouldn't buy from it simply because the mistakes come across as unprofessional and I wouldn't have trust or confidence I was buying from someone reputable. He even has the Shopify branding showing on his website. That should have been disabled before the website was even launched.

Two webpages still refer to a product launch with a clock countdown (sounds familiar........) referencing 30th April.

He uses a Gmail email address which looks unprofessional for any business. Why not have [email protected] rather than [email protected] - it just looks cheap and unprofessional.

As for his 'terms of service' page - it's clearly a template that has been altered, but with some parts 'forgotten' or 'missed' - such as supposed clickable links that don't work, and, this part, which looks REALLY unprofessional:

SECTION 20 - CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at [email protected].
Our contact information is posted below:
[INSERT TRADING NAME]
[email protected]
[INSERT BUSINESS ADDRESS]
[INSERT BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER]
[INSERT BUSINESS REGISTRATION NUMBER]
[INSERT VAT NUMBER]

These are things that should be checked BEFORE the website is even launched. It just screams out 'amateur'.

If I'd stumbled across his website, even if I was interested in his Jadeshite, I wouldn't buy from it simply because these things come across as unprofessional and I wouldn't have trust or confidence I was buying from someone reputable. He even has the Shopify branding showing on his website. That should have been disabled before the website was even launched.

Two webpages still refer to a product launch with a clock countdown (sounds familiar........) referencing 30th April.

He uses a Gmail email address which looks unprofessional for any business. Why not have [email protected] rather than [email protected] - it just looks cheap and unprofessional.

As for his 'terms of service' page - it's clearly a template that has been altered, but with some parts 'forgotten' or 'missed' - such as supposed clickable links that don't work, and, this part, which looks REALLY unprofessional:

SECTION 20 - CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at [email protected].
Our contact information is posted below:
[INSERT TRADING NAME]
[email protected]
[INSERT BUSINESS ADDRESS]
[INSERT BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER]
[INSERT BUSINESS REGISTRATION NUMBER]
[INSERT VAT NUMBER]

These are things that should be checked BEFORE the website is even launched. It just screams out 'amateur'.

If I'd stumbled across his website, even if I was interested in his Jadeshite, I wouldn't buy from it simply because these things come across as unprofessional and I wouldn't have trust or confidence I was buying from someone reputable. He even has the Shopify branding showing on his website. That should have been disabled before the website was even launched.
I have two generic email addresses, but I have what I call a 'business' address too. If you're a small shop a Gmail works, but 'supposedly' a high end business aiming for high end clients, it doesn't work. Seeing your post, it reminds me of when the internet was still a new toy and there were a lot of DIY sites and companies to make same. Sure he didn't use one of those, GoDaddy and Wix? Probably wrong, been years since I even saw them :p All I can say is, VERY professional ;) Also puts me in mind of his 'acting' in that video where he interviewed the stunt doubles for Wallace and Gromit ;)

Latest posts

Back