Jackie Evancho

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The guy at our local MAC counter uses the name

Titty Von Tease. Oh and 7 feet in his heels.

Marcus who I know uses the name

Porita Diamonds (he is more up market. And may I add totally gorgeous when in drag.)

Drew Peacock :blush:

Back to Jackie Evancho...totally agree, BB. I found it quite disturbing to hear a mature voice coming from a small girls mouth, it reminded me of 'Singing in the Rain'...if they pulled back a screen a mature, lady would be standing behind it singing away. It doesn't even look like wee Jackie is opening her mouth properly or taking breaths in the right places.

This Jackie Evancho thing is disturbing. I've a good friend who is a professional opera singer and she quite rightly expresses concern for not only the developing voice of this child - but also their emotional wellbeing. A child so young should not be attempting to trill Nessun Dorma or anything remotely operatic!

Oh and by the way re drag names...

Mary Hinge.

:nod:

Opera is very different to sing and I've only seen the child briefly on BGT (what a pile of bilge that was!) and I assumed she was miming as the notes were effortless. Opera isn't effortless and shouldn't be effortless. Even for the very best.

I would guess she's been coached but I don't know anything about the child but the voice is somehow wrong for one so young. But if you just listen it's beautiful. It's the image and the voice that is out of kilter.

It's odd that she sings pieces that are made for tenor voices as well as alto and mezzo soprano. I haven't seen the CD so I assume she knocks out soprano pieces as well. I'm an alto and I just cannot sing soprano pieces well enough but I can just about do tenor pieces.

Totally agree about the child prodigy, very odd and something of "The Exorcist" about it.

Been giggling at the drag names, when one of my nieces was little she used to call Tina Turner
Tino Tuna and we always thought that would be a great drag name.

Ah you have to love this forum! Horrible Monday and you come on here and have a stream of drag queen names to read! Loving it! Keep up the good work BB and HC!

Whats your drag queen name - first pet and mother's maiden name? Mines is Fluffy McEwan! lol :blush:

Giulietta Arden.

Fanny Gocheaply.

Monica Drawers.

Roxanne Roller.

loving Fanny Go cheaply and Monica drawers.... also can't stand this child prodigy lark!

Once the shock's worn off...ie a couple of minutes after the small child has walked on stage and you think they're going to sing twinkle twinkle little star, but they belt out Nessum Dorma instead....what next? Run out and buy the album? I don't know about you, but if I wanted some opera tracks...I'd seek out recordings made by the greats, or at least a professional operatic company. I also agree that this phenomenon is more "freaky" than fabulous!

It's the "SuBo" effect: she walked on stage and everyone started giggling, then opened her gob and she had a voice that didn't match the packaging.

I don't know why everyone's so concerned about this little girl: Charlotte Church started early and nothing happened to her, did it? :smirk:

I mean, Drew Barrymore, Macauley Culkin, the kids from Diff'rent Strokes, John Alford and Lena Zavaroni were all successful child stars who found it hard to deal with being famous at such a young age. But does that necessarily make it wrong?

Personally, I think the parents should be shot for what they've done to this poor girl. It's tantamount to grooming her to become a prostitute.

Ah you have to love this forum! Horrible Monday and you come on here and have a stream of drag queen names to read! Loving it! Keep up the good work BB and HC!

Whats your drag queen name - first pet and mother's maiden name? Mines is Fluffy McEwan! lol :blush:

Mine's Dusty Hart :wonder:

The other way of doing this is to take the name of your first pet, then add the name of the street you first lived in: which would make mine Dusty Vauxhall :taphead:

Back on track - to the Jackie Evancho thingy - I am getting a bit annoyed that they are putting her music on as the background music to every item and between each show now.

OK ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!

Which presenter will she be on with? Hope it's not Clare,or will need an unbrella for all the gushing......not that I am going to watch, well I might watch so I can cringe and feel creeped out by it all.

Norma Snockers
Jenny Tayler (real person I know)!
Tanita Tickleyerbum

I also saw Jackie on BGT and her performance totally freaked me out,weird robotic hand gestures and movements and a voice that sounds wrong in one so young.
Pretty little girl with a woman's voice.

She reminds me of Jodie Foster who makes me think of Silence of the lambs which just about sums up how weird and disturbing I find it. I saw her interviewed on a news programme and whist I don't doubt she loves singing, it's been taken to another level with her! Imo she's lost her youth which is so sad. it brings to mind the Castrati ~ sacrifice for a beautiful voice

Loving this thread and my drag name is Sweepy Hillview

Latest posts

Back