It's organic, it's a by product

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

vampyre

Blood Drinking Iconoclast
Yes Margaret Dabbs it is indeed organic and a by product of the food industry but emu oil is harvested from dead emus and people should be clearly told this so they can decide if that's ok with them. Fine if you are ok with it and other animal derived products but not everyone is and the information should be readily available not a half finished sentence.:mysmilie_698:

Yes they did rather gloss over that. It's a bit like Claudia's comment that she wouldn't wear real fur when she was selling a Dennis Basso item, she didn't say he sold real fur just not on QVC.

where might people think emu oil came from?? surely its like goosefat, the clue is in the name

where might people think emu oil came from?? surely its like goosefat, the clue is in the name

Well I would have thought so but for some people it seems they think it's some kind of brand name. After all fairy liquid is not made from fairies and bear brand tights aren't made from bears:mysmilie_17:

Well I would have thought so but for some people it seems they think it's some kind of brand name. After all fairy liquid is not made from fairies and bear brand tights aren't made from bears:mysmilie_17:
.....emu boots?:)

Yes, allow the viewer to make an informed choice.

Glad you posted this - If you hadn't I would have done, I thought the same as you when she said it - she stopped the sentence half way through and left it hanging in the air! The only reason I know about Emu Oil is from coming on here - ditto Basso etc, I do so wish that they would be a bit more transparent sometimes over at Le Q - but then it wouldn't be so good for their business would it? ;)

I was given some samples of the famous Snake Venom from Rodial on Saturday.

My first question was are the snakes harmed?

I was told well actually no snakes are involved it is just the name, it freezes your face as if you had been bitten by a snake.

Have heard Emu Oil mentioned on US beauty boards, but to be honest I did think it was just a name. Never bought or tried it.

I was given some samples of the famous Snake Venom from Rodial on Saturday.

My first question was are the snakes harmed?

I was told well actually no snakes are involved it is just the name, it freezes your face as if you had been bitten by a snake.

Have heard Emu Oil mentioned on US beauty boards, but to be honest I did think it was just a name. Never bought or tried it.

When being used to produce venom snakes have an ok time of things afaik in the pharmaceutical but how they meet their end I don't know. However I do know that snake and other reptile skin is often obtained alongside the harvesting the organs from live animal as part of Chinese medicine.

I won't buy her stuff because of the emu oil in it. QVC should be more up front about things that go into the products they sell instead of either not mentioning it at all or skating over the issue.

They are happy for Elemis and Gatineau to waffle on about all the "good" ingredients in their products so surely animal dirivatives should also be explained.

I am a vegetarian and work for animal rights, but if the emu is not killed for the oil, one can understand why someone might use it, and it is more acceptable. Ditto to the use of snake venom in beauty products.

But it should be elucidated upon by QVC when presenting the product.

Lanolin is coming back into fashion in beauty products lately. I certainly would not criticise anyone for using emu oil, I know a lady who swears it helps her arthritic joints and am pleased for her. However it bugs the hell out of me when things are omitted or skimmed over by qvc and to be fair other retailers. It just happens the beauty industry is a big offender.

Latest posts

Back