It's Not All About You

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
.. it seems in response to this forum
quote from her Twitter she types....

"Amazed at just how hurtful some people can be on internet forums...really feeling very saddened by it. Live and let live, I say"

"People often do things that don't amuse me or appeal to my humour but I don't attack them for it...gonna retreat for a while, I think x "

I think this should be a closed thread maybe.

This thread does not need to be closed.

This forum is for people to discuss shopping telly and that of course includes presenters. They put themselves in the limelight and need to accept that there will be positive and negative comments about them. If Catherine doesn't like what is said then she shouldn't read the forum.

[QUOTE If Catherine doesn't like what is said then she shouldn't read the forum.[/QUOTE]

Absobloodylutely:mysmilie_497:

.. it seems in response to this forum
quote from her Twitter she types....

"Amazed at just how hurtful some people can be on internet forums...really feeling very saddened by it. Live and let live, I say"

"People often do things that don't amuse me or appeal to my humour but I don't attack them for it...gonna retreat for a while, I think x "

I think this should be a closed thread maybe.

I thought this was a forum where shopping telly customers could freely discuss their impressions of QVC etc (including presenters), without censorship.

Yet what you're suggesting IS just that (with the best of intentions certainly). And think about the consequences: if your suggestion is upheld every time someone on here criticises a presenter for their professional performance on TV, all said presenter has to do is cry "I'M being bullied!" and BANG: no more discussion.

No more discussion means more bad selling, and less chance for the customer to do something about it.

Also, CH is a GROWN WOMAN who is paid to communicate. Not an isolated 11 year old. If she wants to throw her toys out of the pram and go offline because she can't cope, then good for her: I've done it more than once myself.

But I've never accused anyone else of MAKING me do it: how ****** dare she?!? She says we don't know her: SHE doesn't know US, either. We're more than the profiles and comments on here.

She needs to sort herself out, and stop having a pop at other people.

I thought this was a forum where shopping telly customers could freely discuss their impressions of QVC etc (including presenters), without censorship.

Yet what you're suggesting IS just that (with the best of intentions certainly). And think about the consequences: if your suggestion is upheld every time someone on here criticises a presenter for their professional performance on TV, all said presenter has to do is cry "I'M being bullied!" and BANG: no more discussion.

No more discussion means more bad selling, and less chance for the customer to do something about it.

Also, CH is a GROWN WOMAN who is paid to communicate. Not an isolated 11 year old. If she wants to throw her toys out of the pram and go offline because she can't cope, then good for her: I've done it more than once myself.
But I've never accused anyone else of MAKING me do it: how ****** dare she?!? She says we don't know her: SHE doesn't know US, either. We're more than the profiles and comments on here.

She needs to sort herself out, and stop having a pop at other people.

She can go off line & throw a paddy as much as she likes, it dosen't alter the fact that she has behaved very irresponsibly. Its backfired on her & now she is crying out '' Ooooh look what those horrible people are saying about me on that forum '' & trying to get the sympathy vote by saying shes being bullied. Possibly she is now realising that it was a very childish stupid thing to do & is now feeling quite silly & embarassed. Trying to shift the flack off her by accusing this forum of bullying is not doing her any more favours. if thats how she feels then she should resign from QVC & stay out of the limelight.Then she can write about her bodily functions as much as she likes all over Twitter.

With all credit to JR,JF,GC, AY etc who can get quite a bit of flack on here they do maintain a dignified silence & don't react by chucking a strop.

Sorry Catherine you reap what you sew. And thats NOT bullying, its fact. Get a grip FGS!

Last edited:
people who listen at keyholes will never hear good things about themselves. The same can be said for Catherine reading this forum, because she usually gets a very easy time on here she was obviously shocked that for the first time in a long while she reads that not everyone loves her.
I wonder if she is equally outraged when she reads some of the threads about other presenters and colleagues or if it's only upsetting if it applies to her.

KTWB made a very good point yesterday about the names Craig Rowe has been called on here in the past (I plead guilty to this offence) that he hasn't took to his Facebook page to moan about this and threaten to close his FB account , He's just got on with his job and ignored the criticism from here.

I slagged off a presenter from another shopping channel on here and was threatened with libel action after quoting tweets from his Twitter page , did he close his Twitter account. NO.

Get over yourself Chuntley and grow up!

KTWB made a very good point yesterday about the names Craig Rowe has been called on here in the past (I plead guilty to this offence) that he hasn't took to his Facebook page to moan about this and threaten to close his FB account , He's just got on with his job and ignored the criticism from here.

I slagged off a presenter from another shopping channel on here and was threatened with libel action after quoting tweets from his Twitter page , did he close his Twitter account. NO.

I'd have let him: I'd have LOVED to see how he could prove that quoting him is somehow "libellous". After the court threw that out I'd have sued for damages due to emotional distress etc.

But that's just me I'm afraid. :tongue:

ooh do tell if you can.

I was nearly threatened with libel action by "Pocket Size" Mark Ryes from the Sh!t-up Channels , I tweeted about this bitchy man and how he slags off various presenters (Kate Garraway , Lorraine Kelly , Eamonn Holmes , Dermot O'leary , Konnie Huq , Kate Thornton) so viciously then I quoted a tweet conversation between him and Sh!t-up producer Kat Williams where she states that she's "Off for another another day at work flogging tat to the nation" , Williams got her horrid pink hair and knickers in a twist and stated "Those who do not know the definition of humour shouldn't be on twitter" Humour I thought "Try looking at yourself with your horrid pink hair". I was blocked from following both their accounts and Ryes demanded an apology and put the tweets lock on his account.

In his presentations on the sh!tup channels Ryes bitchily calls QVC "Channel Shoppy-Shop"

That's ironic: Sit-up TV would LOVE to be QVC. :tongue:

I was nearly threatened with libel action by "Pocket Size" Mark Ryes from the Sh!t-up Channels , I tweeted about this bitchy man and how he slags off various presenters (Kate Garraway , Lorraine Kelly , Eamonn Holmes , Dermot O'leary , Konnie Huq , Kate Thornton) so viciously then I quoted a tweet conversation between him and Sh!t-up producer Kat Williams where she states that she's "Off for another another day at work flogging tat to the nation" , Williams got her horrid pink hair and knickers in a twist and stated "Those who do not know the definition of humour shouldn't be on twitter" Humour I thought "Try looking at yourself with your horrid pink hair". I was blocked from following both their accounts and Ryes demanded an apology and put the tweets lock on his account.

In his presentations on the sh!tup channels Ryes bitchily calls QVC "Channel Shoppy-Shop"

From what you say it sounds as though the possible libel could be coming from their tweets. Very unprofessional.

Seriously, if anyone is threatened regarding libel/defamation on Twitter, I know a great libel lawyer on there.

That's ironic: Sit-up TV would LOVE to be QVC. :tongue:

Tell me about it KTWB , I wonder how long their presenters especially Paul Becque with his false pricing and high energy would last on QVC? "This radio/tv dongle is worth £50" £50 my backside you can buy them in home bargains for a tenner. :confused: :giggle:

From what you say it sounds as though the possible libel could be coming from their tweets. Very unprofessional.

Seriously, if anyone is threatened regarding libel/defamation on Twitter, I know a great libel lawyer on there.

I could tell you a few more secrets about Mr Ryes's antics on Twitter involving Joe Mcelderry , Gok Wan & Mr Ryes.

Knew you'd be there first KTWB! Mark Ryes is BESOTTED with Joe Mcelderry , It's all a bit pathetic really , Ryes tweeting "Hi Babe" to McElderry all the time , I'd expect 13 year old girls to do this but not someone who's nearing 41. (That one's a bit boring) the one with Gok Wan was when (God knows how) Gok burnt his bum on the radiator (bless him) and tweeted about it Ryes then asked Gok to "twitpic a picture of your burnt arse Gok" Twitpic is to post a picture on Twitter. So there you go Mark Ryes is as pure as the driven snow! NOT. Oh how I love this forum.

Joe McElderry and Gok Wan?!? How very sad. :puke:

Mr Ryes is giving us pooves a bad name!

Why people behave so infantile(like) and attention seeking on Twotter puzzles me. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back