Is/was Claudia a Socialite.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jasper

Registered Shopper
I was watching Diamonique by Tamara Beckwith, earlier today. And Claudia mentioned that during her school days she belonged to a similar social sect to Tamara’s, and they often crossed social circles.

I was thinking the same thing, as Tamara went to Cheltenham Ladies' College.

You can tell that she is a laydee. Whilst she may not be everyones cup of tea you can see she has class.

I loved that show. Treated myself to the bracelet. I think it was so refreshing to see such a chatty show. The two of them obviously know each other, you could tell they were so comfortable with each other. I think Claudia did mention her school but i can't recall its name but it was obviously on a par with Tamaras, they shared the same parties. The range is very elegant and it was just nice to see it presented is such an easy and informal manner, certainly helped me decide to buy something. Just need to justify to the other half now, oops, and supposed to be pulling the old belt in.

Yes I sawthe last 20 mins. Tamara looked a little uncomfortable when Claudia recalled her being an "It Girl". Well, she was known for not doing anything when she first came onto the scene. Although I don't buy Diamonique I thought some of the pieces were lovely.

I thought the two of them together were cringeworthy and turned over.

I don't think Claudia has much class tbh..she makes too many unfortunate gaffes to be a laydeee!

I may have got this wrong but I seem to remember Claudia saying she got rid of her posh accent and that her mother wasnt happy about it and her friends from school commented when they meet her. It was a while ago so I may have it all wrong :30:

Bet

Didn't she say once her father was army and also a gunmaker or something? Perhaps I'm mixing them up-but I know when she designed that ring awhile ago she alluded to the fact her father was a maker of something or other.

Claudia's husband is a Chartered Psychologist with a host of famous clients in sport, tv etc.... he also has the Sylvester Foundation which Claudia is involved in too so I suspect this is how she knows so many people.

Classy? She's about one up from Jill Franks :11: She wouldn't get an invite to one of my candle-lit soirees :23:

Claudia started as a model on QVC, alot of the upper class wanna bees did modeling in the early 90's. Then she did the computer shows before working with QVC full time.

Like Pippa fancies herself as a rock/blues chick.:54:

Claudia's husband is a Chartered Psychologist with a host of famous clients in sport, tv etc.... he also has the Sylvester Foundation which Claudia is involved in too so I suspect this is how she knows so many people.

That might be why she was in the audience for "Let's dance for comic relief"
They panned across to her after Robert Webb had finished!

And another thing, since when has Claudia been pronounced "Cloud ia"? Maybe its just me being a bit common but surely its Claw dia?

You can tell that she is a laydee. Whilst she may not be everyones cup of tea you can see she has class.
If she's that posh, what the hell is she doing selling stuff on QVC? Surely she should be busy playing polo and lunching out with her posh lady friends.

think I remember her saying she was born in Germany where her father was stationed in the army and her name is pronounced the German way.

Yes, I remember her saying that her brother was allowed to name her, and he called her after his best friend in Germany, who was a little girl called Claudia - therefore pronounced Cloudia.

That might be why she was in the audience for "Let's dance for comic relief"
They panned across to her after Robert Webb had finished!

She said on air the other day that she was at Comic Relief as a guest of her friend Denise Lewis.

As for whether she is a lady or not (as debated in some of the other posts), I'd say she is. I'd also say she is one of those people who is at ease with all manner of people and in all manner of situations. Where did this idea come from that posher people cannot make gaffes, mistakes? They're human too, you know! Her father may well have been a gunsmith - he has more recently been working as a manufacturing jeweller. Claudia has been writing about this in her blog.

Latest posts

Back