Is the warehouse on a go slow this week?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's this "no rhyme or reason" haphazard despatch that counters the excuse that it's the card providers' fault. I pay for all Q purchases with the same card so there's no reason why items purchased on the same day should be paid at different times, and then posted 72 hours apart.

It is very weird, of the few things I ordered monday, one dispatched on tuesday and all others are still in process, same brand of clothing plus the vionic tsv which I also ordered on monday before the launch tuesday.
When I first started shopping with QVC (7 years ago) I could more or less guarantee anything I ordered, say, monday would always be with me by thursday - those were the days!

The only exception to a general despatch time would be TSVs. These tend to arrive more quickly, probably because they know that most of the allotted stock will be sold, paid for and shipped in a specific 24 hour period. Ordering multiples of any item (including TSVs) seems to slow down despatch in my experiance.

I've been with Q for 18 years and jewellery items used to arrive very quickly, whereas courier delivered bigger items took longer. I think courier firms like Hermes have upped their game so these arrive very quickly for me. In the meantime, small jewellery packages are taking longer, possibly since QVC started using TNT to process them before Royal Mail takes on their delivery.

Ultimately it seems a very out-dated approach that needs some investment to update it. While Q still sells the volume of stuff it's used to shifting there's no real incentive for them to put money into revising their warehouse systems.

I think if customer services get too many complaints about slow dispatch of goods, eventually they will have to address the problem. Recently I have complained about two different items which sat in process for three days each. I spoke to two different people on the phone who gave lame excuses for the delay, despite me saying about the presenters constantly saying on air that things will arrive in 3-5 days.
In frustration I phoned on the third day and spoke to someone else who without hesitation agreed to refund my postage which came to nearly £10, so I would say keep complaining till you get satisfaction. I probably now have a black mark on my account, but I don't care !

I think if customer services get too many complaints about slow dispatch of goods, eventually they will have to address the problem. Recently I have complained about two different items which sat in process for three days each. I spoke to two different people on the phone who gave lame excuses for the delay, despite me saying about the presenters constantly saying on air that things will arrive in 3-5 days.
In frustration I phoned on the third day and spoke to someone else who without hesitation agreed to refund my postage which came to nearly £10, so I would say keep complaining till you get satisfaction. I probably now have a black mark on my account, but I don't care !

I have never complained about dispatch time, what a good idea. Well done for getting your postage back. I have just checked my account and the 4 things I ordered on 17th (monday), have been dispatched today, thursday! When you think about it, it really is appalling. I think you are right though, we need to complain more. I feel an email coming on!!

Well done reflexgirl, I hope the email gets a result ! I run a small business with my husband and I have found that generally any problems that we come up against are better resolved when we speak to someone on the phone. It is much easier for the other person to say no in writing. If you don't get an answer quickly try the personal approach, stay calm and reasonable, but don't let yourself get fobbed off.
Let us know if there is an update, and good luck!

I have complained about delivery and presenters saying "often in even less than 3 days" whilst I have to wait longer than that for them to even leave the warehouse and I was more or less told to shove it up my jumper. Perhaps the company which is not 2nd is there because they don't treat their customers like that.

i received some of the items i ordered this that 2 day event today... slow, but worth it.

The same thing has been happening to me and it doesn't matter what time of day you order, it's the same. Yet there have been times when I have made and order then changed my mind like an hour later called up to cancel to be told that it is too late for me to cancel because the item has already left the warehouse, which is complete an utter rubbish. Nothing worse than being told a blatant lie like that. qvc don't put the customer first, they treat us like complete idiots.

Well done reflexgirl, I hope the email gets a result ! I run a small business with my husband and I have found that generally any problems that we come up against are better resolved when we speak to someone on the phone. It is much easier for the other person to say no in writing. If you don't get an answer quickly try the personal approach, stay calm and reasonable, but don't let yourself get fobbed off.
Let us know if there is an update, and good luck!

Having sent an email venting my displeasure at QVC's tardiness in sending out my orders, this is the email I received at the weekend:

"Thank you for contacting QVC.

I am sorry for any delay in processing your orders, I've spoken to our
shipping team and there are no apparent problems shipping the items.
Deliveries are 3-5 working days if items are later please let me know the
order numbers.

Please email if I can help you with anything else.

Thank you"

:headbang:

I can understand your frustration Reflexgirl, but I wouldn't give up yet as that reply is not good enough. It took me three separate phone calls before I spoke to someone who agreed to give me a refund of postage, but maybe the last person was just a bit more understanding, either that or they realised that I wasn't going to give up.
Just as a comparison, I have most of my groceries delivered weekly by Tesco, and recently they have started sending fresh food items that have poor use-by dates on them, which they are not supposed to do. I phoned there CS number and without hesitation apologised and refunded the cost of about £4 to my credit card and today I got an email with a voucher code for £5 off my next order.Take note QVC !
Pandora

Well I am gobsmacked. Ordered YC melts and a pair of Birkies on Friday and both arrived today. Now for N Ireland that is really good. This is the 3rd good delivery I have in a row, somehow the extortionate P&p is a bit easier to swallow.

I wonder if last weeks slowness was down to school half term - ie reduced staffing? In contrast this week, I ordered another YK top yesterday evening and it was showing as dispatched at lunchtime! Go figure!

Latest posts

Back