Is the pan set good value ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm debating too.

It has everything I want - pouring spouts, silicone handles, glass lids etc, but the price, 80+ quid with P&P, is a bit more than I want to pay for saucepans.
Hate cooking anyway ....

I don't want a lifetime guarantee
I want an excuse not to cook :biggrin:

Hmmm...thinking about this set also... I have used Cooks Essentials in the past and I do think they do not undersell the teflon non-stick element - it is VERY good and makes cleaning very easy. However, that said, the pans are (or were as this is now the new Ultra set) prone to chipping and if you were to want to send one pan back due to a defect/fault such as the coating becoming chipped, you have to send the whole set back, not just the individual pan...

That said, this set does look very good because the handles are heat resistant (previously I have had to go for Techniques as they were the only ones with the heat resistant handles) and they also have the spouts and pouring lids.

IMO, it is a good set and priced relatively fairly. I do not think it will last a lifetime, but will give a very decent amount of time, especially if hand washed instead of the dishwasher...

We have had our CE pan set and small fry pan plus a two handle large pan with tivet we use for roasts/casseroles for years.
All still look like new, in the early years of marriage we burnt and had to bin some pans.
Since we opted for CE we haven't had a problem and would never go back.
Call me cynical but I don't know what real problems they have had with the old CE?
Going off reviews for updated QVC items sometimes they do have teething problems with updated versions.
Maybe the US have had the new version for sometime without a problem?

My only CE pieces are a covered wok and a frypan set, all of which I've been pleased with. However, my new set of saucepans came from Aldi and I'm very happy with them...total cost about £50...non-stick, glass vented lids, heat resist handles, nice outer finish - easy to clean. Unfortunately for the rest of you they don't have them as a permanent stock item!

I had a set of CE several years ago but had to return them as the non-stick started to peel off. The new improved version sounds as though it should be fine and you also have your lifetime guarantee if it isn't. To QVC's credit, they did refund me the whole purchase price even though I'd had the pans for several years. Incidentally, I went on to buy a set of Jamie Oliver pans at considerablly more money and, guess what, the non-stick has started to flake. As they are out of the guarantee period, it is considered "wear and tear" and if I want to challenge this I have to send the offending pans to a testing centre(the postage and return at my own expense) for them to determine whether or not the flaking is a manufacturing defect. I really can't be bothered with the hassle . The CE seems a good deal to me. Hope this is of some help.

I have the £90.00 cooks essentials pan set and I wouldn`t use anything else. They are excellent, wash up really well and they still look like new.
Hope that helps.

I bought a Tefal set when they were sold on QVC many,many years ago but the Teflon came off within a couple of years.

I then bought a set of stainless steel pans with no coating inside but with a copper bottom and they have been brilliant. I can honestly say that I don't miss the coating and think that the sales pitches about burnt on milk etc are a bit OTT. I can still fry eggs as well without the need to call for the emergency services. If you are a serious cook then I think there are better sets out there to be honest.

I bought a Tefal set when they were sold on QVC many,many years ago but the Teflon came off within a couple of years.

I then bought a set of stainless steel pans with no coating inside but with a copper bottom and they have been brilliant. I can honestly say that I don't miss the coating and think that the sales pitches about burnt on milk etc are a bit OTT. I can still fry eggs as well without the need to call for the emergency services. If you are a serious cook then I think there are better sets out there to be honest.

Most of my original CE set is now peeling and although I have returned a couple of items bought individually, it's just too much hassle to send this lot back. They need to know the date of order and order number and if, like me, you bought them several years ago, it would mean trawling through every order since I started buying with QVC. They expect you to do this by the way, and won't do it for you. I've just bought a set of Stellar 7000 draining pans at a very good price and they are excellent quality. No non stick in the saucepans and they don't need it either. Much better quality than the CE imho.

We have a stainless steel set as well we got from Pro Cook Shop - they were about £120 for 3 saucepans and a frying pan but after 3 years use look as good as new - I think when it comes to saucepans you are better off getting a good set which will last practically forever

I also have the CE set with copper bottoms and no non stick and they are excellent and easy to clean . Personally apart from having non stick in a frying pan I wouldn't bother with it in saucepans .

Looks a good pan set and something you could use everyday.
I have heard people say they are good and with the lifetime warranty you can't go wrong.

Most of my original CE set is now peeling and although I have returned a couple of items bought individually, it's just too much hassle to send this lot back. They need to know the date of order and order number and if, like me, you bought them several years ago, it would mean trawling through every order since I started buying with QVC. They expect you to do this by the way, and won't do it for you. I've just bought a set of Stellar 7000 draining pans at a very good price and they are excellent quality. No non stick in the saucepans and they don't need it either. Much better quality than the CE imho.

they will send you a complete list of all historic orders since you firts became a member upon request. it takes a couple of weeks to arrive but it can be done - i didnt even have to ask, they offered.

re the lifetime guarantee - ive tried using that when a lid went faulty (handle detached) as was told the guarantee only applied to the non-stick. however ive heard it stated since by simon brown that it applies to the entire pan.

also, these pans are not all made by the same manufacturer. they use different brands of non-stick on different lines, a dead give away that they come from different sources. they are not all Dupont.

having said all that i think CE are deffo worth the money. i bought a friend a similar 5 piece set 5 years ago and theyre still looking great and performing well. ive been happy with most of my pieces but i think you have to choose carefully.

I have had my Curculon pans for a very long time,they don't have a coating as such but are still non stick.they were quite expensive but worth every penny so I would not want to replace them with anything else.

Latest posts

Back