is opi stuff good for brittle nails?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for the tip about the Milagro. Your hands are amazing for your age Clemenzina!

Yes Anne, I think the trick for people with very dry skin and nails is to use something very moisturising such as Superbalm on a regular basis. I use handcream about a dozen times a day and yet my nails still flake. I don't want long nails as then I can't type, the pressure on the keys hurts, but I do want them to look halfway decent.

I'll buy some Milagro and use the Superbalm in the meantime. I've put some Trind polish on my toenails as both big toe nails have a tendency to split vertically. Perhaps a bit of Superbalm wouldn't go amiss!

Don't be too anxious if your nails don't sprout into talons within a couple of weeks, but you should notice that they feel stronger in that time. Just keep the bottle handy and rub it on twice a day, moisturise, then forget about your nails, apart from judicious clipping and/or crystal-filing.

I used to worry that it wouldn't work because I wash my hands so much and I still can't help fretting about it - yet it does keep working, the only thing to beware of is complacency and forgetting for days/weeks on end, I think that the part of the nail that grows during that time is inherently weaker, and if, like me, you have very bad splits, they'll start to come back when that weaker part becomes the nail-tip. That's when it's good to have Trind handy.

I go on and on and on :mysmilie_701:

clemenzina

Latest posts

Back