Is it just me? ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Itchy

Registered Shopper
I have just tuned in to the New CID show and i feel terribly dated and old fashioned. Is this how make up should be worn these days? Catherine looks absolutely plastered in the stuff. The models, Tiffany in particular, looks frightening. You would not want to meet her on a dark night!

The make up artist (Mikey?) looks like a monk, with that barnet. Is this cutting edge style/fashion? I must be getting old.

I just came on here to say the same. The models have so much "stuff" on that their skin looks horrible. Especially the really yuoung girl. I thought she had a skin condition. Does not make you want to try the stuff.
And I see the copied a bronzer from Laura Gellers B&B

Didn't see the show but to mind mind rather than follow fashion it's better to apply and use makeup that suits your colouring and skin type etc. :) whats the point of being on trend if it looks awful, also I think if it looks awful on the model applied by make up artists what hope have I got LOL

I just came on here to say the same. The models have so much "stuff" on that their skin looks horrible. Especially the really yuoung girl. I thought she had a skin condition. Does not make you want to try the stuff.
And I see the copied a bronzer from Laura Gellers B&B

I always think the Laura Geller models look too heavily made up. It doesn't help that they make poor Amanda wear the wrong shade foundation. With a light hand, her make-up goes on very well though and it might be the same with New CID. I've only tried their loose powder so can't really comment.

oh my God, I have just seen him trying to put mascara on the model. I was scared incase he put the brush in her eyes. Do people really put mascara on that way????????????????????????????????????????

The fact that the 'before' pictures look better than the 'after' says it all.....:down:

More is obviously more with this range - yuk yuk yuk

I always think the Laura Geller models look too heavily made up. It doesn't help that they make poor Amanda wear the wrong shade foundation. With a light hand, her make-up goes on very well though and it might be the same with New CID. I've only tried their loose powder so can't really comment.

On the Laura Geller shows, if Johnny is doing the demos, he lashes on the foundation, especially on Amanda. The poor girl always looks worse after he has finished with her. I bet the models can't wait to get off air and scrub the lot off!!

Was thinking exactly the same!
Tiffany looked at least 20 years older just awful.
And do they think we'd trust a chap who looked like that to put anything near our faces? Catherine said it's her favourite brand? Well she looked ready for pantomime today compared to her usual look.

I couldn't believe the make up on Tiffany , she looked like she'd been given 2 black eyes. Think I'll stick to BE thank you very much.

agree with you all about the overdone make up and the models looking worse in the after shots. Over the years I have had my make up done at department store counters ,mostly by the girls on counter but a few times by visiting make up artists who represent the various companies as on qvc,with the exeption of only one I looked worse than before I sat down in their chair and always had to go off and clean my face.Needless to say I didn't buy their products.so the same sort of thing happening on qvc doesn't really inspire us to jump to our phones.

Normally I quite like Catherine but she is beyond sickly on the New CID shows.... They way she is gushing over the products is beyond embarassing...its only flippin make up!!!

The models all look awful and far to made up. As for the make up man- what can you say. I had to laugh when they were raving about the make up case- he said he gets some looks when he carries the black patent one on the tune...I bet you do mate!!!!! I'm sure you probably wouldn't like to know what they are thinking though!! Talking of the case, have to laugh as they are telling us its £60 on the New CID website and just £35 with them. Soryy Mrs New CID just makes me think well you are obviously taking the mick out of your non QVC customers. As for Catherine telling us its such a bargain we could get the white and the black ones..erm no!!!....it looks like something free with 2 products in Boots or in a Christmas gift set. Sorry for the rant!!! Feel better now!

Latest posts

Back