Invicta watches / Coat hangers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
I really don't understand why people like those Invicta watches. Dale Franklin was on the other night and they were banging on about how the watch they were selling weighs as much as a can of coke! Not exactly a selling point, is it? Why would anyone want something so heavy and clunky attached to their wrist? I just don't get it! I have a Mondaine pocket watch like this one!

http://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/..._country=222&gclid=CIbiidTNk7oCFY7HtAodMzgAlA

Earlier this morning they were selling coat hangers for £30 +. I just ask them in Primark to give me a whole bagful of hangers and I get them for free! I ain't paying £30 for ****** coat hangers! Madness!

I can't comment on the watches, I never watch them, I can't find the time ....
as for the coathangers, you're missing the point, Julius, these are very SPECIAL, MAGIC coat hangers, your clothes don't constantly fall off and end up on the floor, don't you want to pay a premium price for this convenience?

I can't comment on the watches, I never watch them, I can't find the time ....
as for the coathangers, you're missing the point, Julius, these are very SPECIAL, MAGIC coat hangers, your clothes don't constantly fall off and end up on the floor, don't you want to pay a premium price for this convenience?

Lol frankly no! My free coat hangers from Primark do an OK job. One can always attach elastic bands to them to make them more grippy! I do laugh at some of these gimmicky things that come out. This morning Simon Biagi was desperately trying to flog some insect nets with magnets attached for £20. Nothing wrong with them partiularly, but I'm quite capable of shoving a bit of voile of the door!

I have an Invicta watch, set with 1/4 carat of diamonds, and I love it. I wear it more than my Skagen. Perhaps the men's watches are heavier, but I couldn't wear a clunky, cumbersome watch as my wrists are approx. 41/2". As for the hangers, I have never bought them off the channel, primarily due to the price, but did buy some copycat hangers from Morrisons, reduced to 0.84p for 3. Out of the couple of sets, several have broken but, because they were so cheap, I cannot really complain. Price aside, the quality obviously wasn't there so, is it a case of "pay peanuts get monkeys" scenario? Can anyone give an opinion on whether these hangers are worth the money?

The non slip hangars are great, they are also very thin so don't take up much room. I wouldn't pay £30 for them. They are selling them in Costco for under a tenner, well worth the money as they are well made. There are some cheap ones sold in supermarkets but they are not all the same quality so you'd have to check.

I use the Grip To Me hangers - I bought two lots of 60 in a lovely purple colour.

They are fab... my wardrobes look tidy, they really do stop the clothes falling off, they save space because they are all a uniform design and have a nobble on them for cascading if needed.

I bought them in mid 2011 and they are all still going strong so are not flimsy at all.

Just as important is that they are colourfast... I can hang wet items on them to dry and there is no colour transfer.

I LOVE THEM!

Maybe they are good, but I'd rather keep a grip on my cash! God forbid my shirt should fall to the floor! I'd have to telephone Charles Tyrwhitt and order another one!

I've got 3 Invicta watches and love them all. I like that the face is quite big and I can read the time and date without having to wear my glasses! I bought some of the hangers from Amazon, 50 hangers for £20. They definitely take less space up in the wardrobe, which means I can buy more clothes to fit the gaps!!

I confess I bought some velour covered coat hangers from Homebase a while ago, they were in a big "discount" box, I can't remember what I paid for them but they are good as they have a hook built in so I can cascade them in my wardrobe so they save space. I don't know if they're colourfast like the Grip to me ones, I tend to hang wet clothes on plastic or wire hangers and transfer them to my velour ones. I still couldn't bring myself to pay over £30 for hangers, though.

Latest posts

Back