'Introductory Price' aka Telling a Lie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

aragorn0130

Registered Shopper
When I first bought the Philosophy 5 piece luxury kit - it was £57.12 on 'introductory price'. Today's 'introductory' price now I want another one is £61.60. It's hardly the same is it? I'm sure QVC must think some of us have heads that zip up the back :12:

When I first bought the Philosophy 5 piece luxury kit - it was £57.12 on 'introductory price'. Today's 'introductory' price now I want another one is £61.60. It's hardly the same is it? I'm sure QVC must think some of us have heads that zip up the back :12:

Does it have the same item number ? :33:

Does it have the same item number ? :33:

Certainly does. I looked in my account and it shows the original price I paid. Then when you click on the item number, it shows today's price. I vaguely remembered what I paid and knew it wasn't that. And okay, it's 4 quid which isn't the end of the world but it's the principle - don't say it's introductory price when it's not the price you introduced it at! I'm sorry, things like that just annoy me slightly....... :28:

I would say its the price of the dollar against the pound. If QVC got more stock in they will have to pay more for it, so they are passing that on to us.

Absolutely - and it's still a really good deal that I'm quite happy to buy. But I still think they're a bunch of dodgers! :1:

How funny. Yes I had always assumed the introductory went and then just went to the listed price rather than another intro price! Here is what they say on the website and note says 'will generally':

Introductory Price (IP)
For a limited time, we offer some items at a low Introductory Price, which represents a savings over the regular QVC Price. It pays to shop early on QVC while an item is offered at the Introductory Price. Once the Introductory Price expires, the item will generally go up to a higher price

The other week my other half bought a piece of electrical equipment which was a TSV. My Mum and Dad were really impressed with it and even though it had gone up about £20 (it was a couple of days later) they went ahead and purchased it at the new price.
A day after that (and well before they received it) QVC dropped the price to an 'Introductory Offer' which was a little more than the TSV (but not much)
My Dad phoned and asked about this and the operator basically told him it was tough.
Now my parents know they can return it free of charge within 7 days - and of course get the new one at the lower price. But they are elderly and even though I offered to go and speak to QVC, they preferred just to leave it.

SO it doesn't actually pay to shop early at all :(

From being regular customers of QVC they are now very unhappy and won't be buying from QVC again.

I totally agree - that's a rotten thing to have happen. I can imagine your parents don't want the hassle of sending it back but it's not right that they've paid more and when you bother to phone to point out that you have noticed, they should have the decency to reimburse the difference.

Latest posts

Back