Inner Grace & Sweaty Socks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

aragorn0130

Registered Shopper
My Philosphy TSV came today and when I first spray the Inner Grace spritz, it whiffs a bit of sweaty socks to begin with. Does anyone else think it smells a bit iffy? That does go, I would just have to remember not to spray it on my way out of the door or people might turn their noses up at me.:17: The perfume is lovely - it's strange.

I haven't posted on here for quite some time with one thing and another and my membership seems to have expired so I've had to re-join - with my original user name.

Anyway I got mine today - I had to go to the Sorting Office to pay a £1.27 underpaid postage charge to collect it mind - I shall be ringing QVC about this and wonder if it had happened to anyone else?

Usually I love Philosophy skincare so ordered without really watching it properly. I was disappointed with the size of the eye and lip cream, hadn't had the chance to smell any of the perfumes before and was quite excited about receiving the spritz but I personally think it stinks! I don't really like the foundation anyway as I think it is a bit orange but I was prepared for that and I haven't bothered trying the Hope as I think I'm going to send the whole lot back - hopefully with some sort of deal on the postage front. The one item I really liked was the exfoliating skinwash - but I shall buy someone's unwanted bottle on Ebay in a week's time instead I think!

All in all very disappointing.

My Philosphy TSV came today and when I first spray the Inner Grace spritz, it whiffs a bit of sweaty socks to begin with. Does anyone else think it smells a bit iffy? That does go, I would just have to remember not to spray it on my way out of the door or people might turn their noses up at me.:17: The perfume is lovely - it's strange.

I gave my Inner Grace away from the last TSV.
I really didn't like it and unusually neither did my husband who doesn't normally comment.
I found it a very strange smell.

Mine arrived today and I really love it!
It's funny, though, because everyone goes on about Falling in Love being wonderful - Lee even used to say it should be part of every woman's 'intimacy kit'! Aside from the fact that I didn't realise I was supposed to have one of those (did my mum miss out a vital part of my 'facts of life' talk?), after I sprayed it on me in John Lewis it took on the most horrible, awful, sickly, nausea-inducing smell - I literally had to hurry to the loos there to scrub it off before I got too dizzy - and yet everyone I know who has tried it loves it. I assume it is down to body chemistry or something?

I've found all of the Graces (with the exception of Baby Grace which I don't mind) reminiscent of something you'd clean the toilet with!

Mine arrived today and I really love it!
It's funny, though, because everyone goes on about Falling in Love being wonderful - Lee even used to say it should be part of every woman's 'intimacy kit'! Aside from the fact that I didn't realise I was supposed to have one of those (did my mum miss out a vital part of my 'facts of life' talk?), after I sprayed it on me in John Lewis it took on the most horrible, awful, sickly, nausea-inducing smell - I literally had to hurry to the loos there to scrub it off before I got too dizzy - and yet everyone I know who has tried it loves it. I assume it is down to body chemistry or something?

I'm with you - I don't fall in love with falling in love either - and neither does any man I've encountered when wearing it. They usually just sniff into the air in a strange fashion. I think for the Inner Grace it must be the formulation because I was just on the phone to my friend and she said the same. I like the Graces though, I have to say. I have them all apart from Baby - smelling like a baby whilst in my late thirties just doesn't appeal to me......

Mine has arrived and doesn't smell of sweaty socks at all.
It reminds me of palma violets.
I love FIL -my favourite - it's really like blackberry - and my work colleagues all like it.Doesn't last long though.
I personally loathe Amazing grace and pure grace smells of toilet cleaner I agree.
I suppose it's all personal choice at the end of the day.

I prefer Inner grace, I don't like pure grace, but I have a full bottle of inner grace perfume and about 5 other various bottles of scent to wade thru, that's why I've sold the spritz, otherwisw I would've kept it.

I'm with you, i really don't like the smell one bit

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I found the philosophy perfumes didn't last on me and gave me blinding headaches.Would never where them again.

I have only sniffed in shops. The Baby Grace smells like Aeriel soap powder to me.

falling in love is my favorite but i can see why some people find it too sickly sweet, dont liek any of the graces apart from baby!i dont think any of them last that long, they dont on me anyway

I had to return the Pure Grace, as my son went round the room looking for where the cat had pee'd, I realised it was the Grace on moi :54: :52: I washed it off and sent it back pronto! Am ok with Amazing Grace though, but as others state, it doesn't last very long.

daydreamer

Falling in Love reminds me of jam and Inner Grace I found too sickly and it gave me a headache. I love Amazing Grace but, like Emma said, it doesn't seem to last very long. Even the perfume which is supposed to be more concentrated doesn't lseem to last any longer.

The Graces are funny things aren't they! People love or hate them more than any other perfume it seems. Must be something in them that reacts with our own chemistry?

I absolutely love the Inner Grace and get constant hmmm you smell lovely comments whenever I wear it. I tend to layer it on top of the Amazing Grace body lotion often too as I love the texture and smell of this.

I didn't order the spritz because I remember reading negative comments on the QVC US about it so don't think it is comparable to the perfume.

"Usually I love Philosophy skincare so ordered without really watching it properly. I was disappointed with the size of the eye and lip cream, hadn't had the chance to smell any of the perfumes before and was quite excited about receiving the spritz but I personally think it stinks! I don't really like the foundation anyway as I think it is a bit orange but I was prepared for that and I haven't bothered trying the Hope as I think I'm going to send the whole lot back - hopefully with some sort of deal on the postage front. The one item I really liked was the exfoliating skinwash - "

Boy did this thread make me rush off and try everything LOL! I also love the exfoliating skinwash and lip and eye cream so all fine there. They said the present make up is clear, and it really is so not sure why yours went orange and the spritz comes up smelling pleasantly light on me so that's ok. Never had any problems with QVC CS or P&P or had to return much over the years.

"Usually I love Philosophy skincare so ordered without really watching it properly. I was disappointed with the size of the eye and lip cream, hadn't had the chance to smell any of the perfumes before and was quite excited about receiving the spritz but I personally think it stinks! I don't really like the foundation anyway as I think it is a bit orange but I was prepared for that and I haven't bothered trying the Hope as I think I'm going to send the whole lot back - hopefully with some sort of deal on the postage front. The one item I really liked was the exfoliating skinwash - "

Boy did this thread make me rush off and try everything LOL! I also love the exfoliating skinwash and lip and eye cream so all fine there. They said the present make up is clear, and it really is so not sure why yours went orange and the spritz comes up smelling pleasantly light on me so that's ok. Never had any problems with QVC CS or P&P or had to return much over the years.

Sounds like Flawless poreless rather than the present which I also thought was clear. I really like the flawless and have enough from the AD from last august to be going on with so didn't bother with this one. I don't want to get into there purfumes and have to use the exfoliating wash sparingly.

I haven't posted on here for quite some time with one thing and another and my membership seems to have expired so I've had to re-join - with my original user name.

Anyway I got mine today - I had to go to the Sorting Office to pay a £1.27 underpaid postage charge to collect it mind - I shall be ringing QVC about this and wonder if it had happened to anyone else?

Usually I love Philosophy skincare so ordered without really watching it properly. I was disappointed with the size of the eye and lip cream, hadn't had the chance to smell any of the perfumes before and was quite excited about receiving the spritz but I personally think it stinks! I don't really like the foundation anyway as I think it is a bit orange but I was prepared for that and I haven't bothered trying the Hope as I think I'm going to send the whole lot back - hopefully with some sort of deal on the postage front. The one item I really liked was the exfoliating skinwash - but I shall buy someone's unwanted bottle on Ebay in a week's time instead I think!

All in all very disappointing.

If you havn't been around since last last June that may be the reason for having to reregister. We all had to rejoin after there was a big crash.

I've found all of the Graces (with the exception of Baby Grace which I don't mind) reminiscent of something you'd clean the toilet with!

So that's what they meant when they said it had a 'clean' smell. Parazone!
:11:

Latest posts

Back