Incorrect Refund!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JW2

Registered Shopper
I thought it might be good to share a recent story re a Refund from Q.

I purchased a dress on 2 x easypay which arrived faulty sent it straight back GND for replacement, the replacement took soo long that the second EP was drawn before the replacement arrived, what Stella service Q offer :mysmilie_51: so much for wasting my money sending it express post for a quick replacement!

So a few days after receiving the replacement the item was reduced by more than 50%! luckily I noticed in time to reorder and return the other under DSR which saved me quite a bit of £££'s :mysmilie_14:, so when the refund came through how shocked was I to not only receive just 1 x easypay payment but also minus the P&P!!! So much for being so trustworthy!!

Obviously after ME noticing and emailing about this error a few days later I got an apology and the rest refunded although still not received!! I never used to track my credit and debits from Q as I stupidly trusted them, I have really only been doing so since the emails for refunds have been coming through so it has made me wonder if I've lost out in the past, it's quite absurd the amount of things that go wrong when dealing with refunds etc which makes Q being awarded 2nd most trusted retailer really annoys me and I wonder do the people that trust them and voted form them check their accounts carefully!?!

Whilst I accept these are just innocent errors it shows their systems that are in place or the training of staff is woefully lacking something somewhere is terribly wrong, I wonder if I hadn't noticed would they have??

this happened to me also with a diamonique cross i ordered when all i got was an empty box, they sent me a "replacement" per my request and it was horrible, so i returned it, they took 2 easy payments from me but only gave me back 1, took me 3 weeks to get the other back! you can clearly see how they're only #2

In my view it is not good enough. QVC don't tell people that if you let them know within 7 days that you are cancelling your order under Distance Selling Regulations they are obliged to refund the purchase price, and the original delivery charge, UNLESS they have provided you with a pre-paid return label. On one occasion I didn't get my P&P back and had to contact them, but I shouldn't have had to. I have found the practice too with other online retailers, who clearly think that the onus is on the customer rather than themselves to make sure that trusting customers are refunded properly.

oh wow that is bad.Ive never checked my refunds from QVC,I've always just trusted them.how silly am I?!

i do have to say I've always had to chase the dsr p&p - I've never had it refunded without phoning up to check.

I'm considering reporting it to Trading Standards, maybe Q needs their accounting practices looked into or at least a push to sort this type of thing out and for them to know it's not good enough and nor should they be allowed to get away with it! I'm wondering how much I may have lost by not tracking my refunds for many, many years. With all this spouting about how trustworthy they are and actually they are nowhere near trustworthy and can you imagine how many people they could be making this error with and potentially how much money they could have potential made with this faulty system! The more I think about it the closer I am to calling Liverpool TS tomorrow morning!!

Whenever I have purchased and returned, free of charge no less, to the likes of John Lewis, HoF etc I have been refunded without question or query within 2/3 days thus very easy to track and keep an eye on. Q takes so long to refund that 2nd EP's get drawn on accounts even when items are sitting in their warehouse for up to and over 2 weeks (I've had this twice & they had the gall to call me to say the payments were not authorised, I told them I purposely removed the money from the account I use for Internet shopping as I knew they were going to draw them, illegally!! When you have singed proof of receipt and they still prat around its just beyond incompetent especially when I am already corresponding with them by email, for written proof, about these missing refunds!) Oh I've also had them on one occasion drawing payments twice, they told me, accounts department that is, they hadn't and to verify that with my bank so I phoned my bank immediately to be told that they most certainly had! Then they refused to take my call when I phoned back immediately to inform them of the banks response!! Honestly at times they are disgusting, I can't work out why I shop with them anymore but it does explain the reason I have an account solely for internet shopping so I can now trace payments & refunds and transfer money in or out at a touch of a button but it shouldn't be this inconvenient should it!! it is time in my mind that they either sort this type of thing out themselves or they are made to!

QVC

Quality, not so much anymore!
Value, not so much anymore against competitors especially due to multiple extortionate P&P charges!
Convenience, not when I have to chase constantly for refunds, DSR P&P and track and trace every payment to ensure all the incorrect ones are amended!!

Last edited:
I've just checked my bank statement to see if a refund for a faulty item I returned had been credited to my account but only the cost of the item has been refunded, not the original postage. CS said there had been an oversight and the postage would be refunded to me. When I asked how the "mistake" could have happened they said that the warehouse obviously hadn't picked it up - the warehouse?? I thought their job was to despatch items and look after stock, not to do the accounting. Pathetic, and it's not the first time it's happened to me. Now I still have to check my account to make sure the postage is refunded. Would I have got it if I hadn't checked?

Don't all answer at once.

JW2, if I were you I'd get in touch with BBC's Watchdog programme. Might sound daft, but until QVC get shamed in the media then their service and archaic systems will never improve.

Blimey, sounds like a right little earner for them ! Lots of customers won't have a PC to track their purchases and refunds on-line and will never know if they are short-changed.

Just to add it's never too late to chase up a missed refund. A while ago I had a letter saying a product I'd brought was in faulty packaging and likely to leak (drain cleaner) and I was to dispose of it and ring for a refund. I duly did this but about 12 months later found the letter during a clear out, checked my CC statement online but couldn't see the money back in my account so I emailed and the refund was processed within a couple of days. I'll definitely check and chase any easy pay items I return for a refund.

Well hurrah that you got the money, but crikey, what an outrage you only got it because you chased them up! Who are these people working in Accounts????? They seem completely incompetent to me. Either that or Q is hoping people do not check and they keep the money, which is even more outrageous! If this is not the case then Q needs to review its staff and its procedures and take drastic action to improve both.

Just to swing the pendulum the opposite way; I bought some fake candle gizmo's the other week but one of the three glass pots was smashed. I emailed asking for a collection and replacement but they replied within a couple of hours and said they had despatched a replacement set and just to safely dispose of the first set as it would be dangerous to return the broken glass. They came within a couple of days all intact. I was gobsmacked! Common sense prevailed! More of the same please QVC!

As of yet the initial 1st EP refund has not arrived but the refund of the 2nd has so it is still not sorted! Have sent an email but they usually take three days to respond to those! Really fed up!!

Just to swing the pendulum the opposite way; I bought some fake candle gizmo's the other week but one of the three glass pots was smashed. I emailed asking for a collection and replacement but they replied within a couple of hours and said they had despatched a replacement set and just to safely dispose of the first set as it would be dangerous to return the broken glass. They came within a couple of days all intact. I was gobsmacked! Common sense prevailed! More of the same please QVC!

Wow you are exceptionally lucky to get such a quick response for me that is unheard of mine take at least 3 days!!

I once said to a Q employee, when Q are good they are very good but when Q are wrong and have done wrong they refuse to admit they are wrong and take forever to sort things out hence this dress saga heading for 2 months now, wow they are first rate, dear Q that last bit is sarcasm!!

Off point but I have switched back & forth recently and JF seems to be on a lot and she is ramping up the buy everything for a friends birthday doesn't matter if their birthday isn't till the end of the year hell next year buy it and put it away, the other day she seemed convinced woman only wear red dresses at Xmas so buy now in May for December, what is she on! She should have buy, buy, buy tattooed on her forehead then she might be able to catch a breath occasionally:mysmilie_13:

I know where you're coming from JW; most of my memorable QVC experiences are over on the dark side so this was a very unexpected piece of good service that sadly shows up the mediocre rest!

Latest posts

Back