In The Salon with SBC TSV - 22/01/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had been using Gale Hayman cleanser, which is a similar texture, for yonks - that I can take my eye makeup off with, no problem, and because it's so slippy you can really squelch it into your eyelashes and all around the area without risk of stretching skin.

clemenzina

I might have gone for this but it contains the cleanser which I didn't like, made my face feel very dry after using it.

I didnt like the cleanser either so gave it to my DD to try and her face was really red and irritated afterwards so have passed it to OH but he hasnt tried it yet

My money is safe too but I have ordered two litre bottles of arnica which is back in stock. (I use it on my arthritic knees)

Hi Judith, does the arnica really help? My mums just been told shes got arthritis in her shoulder so i've ordered her some of the arnica bath soak (she'll forget to use the gel!) and i'm hoping it will help her! Thanks!

In the Salon with SBC TSV - 22/01/09

Hi Judith, does the arnica really help? My mums just been told shes got arthritis in her shoulder so i've ordered her some of the arnica bath soak (she'll forget to use the gel!) and i'm hoping it will help her! Thanks!

I was going to ask a similar question, if anyone actually gets any relief from the arnica bath soak? I've get muscular aches in my top right arm and shoulder (which seem to be related to too much clicking of the computer mouse!) I find the bath soak does nothing to relieve it. The gel is OK for things like bruises, grazes, mild burns, it cools and relieves, but neither of them seem to help 'internal' aches and pains.

I've get muscular aches in my top right arm and shoulder (which seem to be related to too much clicking of the computer mouse!)
Because I'm left-handed (for mousing, anyway - am terribly cack-handed) I get the pains in my left arm and shoulder, you can imagine that I think I'm going to have a heart attack and off I go to dose up with aspirin :44:

(Oh Graham dearest, couldn't we have some nicer smilies handy?)

Princess, the gels, particularly the arnica and leg-soothing, are very useful to keep by the bedside, they can be applied at any time and dry in quite quickly and don't make a mess. I get 'restless legs syndrome' at night (or other times when there's no weight on my feet) and when I use the leg-soothing gel it seems to help. Of course, it could just be the massage action, but anyway...

clemenzina

In the salon with SBC TSV - 22/01/09

Because I'm left-handed (for mousing, anyway - am terribly cack-handed) I get the pains in my left arm and shoulder, you can imagine that I think I'm going to have a heart attack and off I go to dose up with aspirin :44:

LOL. Clemenzina, next time I'm taking Ibuprofen for the pain in my right arm & shoulder I'll think of you dosing up with asprin!! I wish I could mouse with my left hand and give my right a rest.

Yes,I find arnica does help.(Have only used the gel)
I am unable to take anti-inflamatory tablets because they react with tablets I take for high blood pressure so I am prescribed anti-inflamatory gel but find arnica works just as well and I can use it more frequently.My DH also uses arnica as he often has pains down the back of one leg and has cartilage problems with his knees.

I turned 65 on Monday but in my mind I am still in my twenties! Unfortunately my body isn't and I just can't do with out Arnica. Did you know that Arinica has been medically tested now and is officially as effective as pain killers.

In the Salon with SBC TSV - 22/01/09

I turned 65 on Monday but in my mind I am still in my twenties! Unfortunately my body isn't and I just can't do with out Arnica. Did you know that Arinica has been medically tested now and is officially as effective as pain killers.

WOW! Maybe I'm not using enough.

Did you know that Arinica has been medically tested now and is officially as effective as pain killers.
Arnica is good - but I wish I could find out whether SBC's products have any therapeutic 'dose' of anything in them. I often wonder what Paula Begoun would make of them, pity they're not available in the US.

And whatsername is always saying how moisturising the gels are - what other product would you use to moisturise your skin that has alcohol in it?

Don't get me wrong, I've got loads of SBC - but I just wish someone would analyse it.

clemenzina

I have arthritis and sadly I don't find Arnica helps me.
I am not a great fan of SBC,I find the products a bit sticky and wet on the skin and I hated the cleansing gel which totally tightened and dried out my skin.

If anyone is after Arnica gel, I just noticed that the SBC website is selling 3x175ml tubes for £10 and delivery is free in the UK! I'm going to get some as I really like it but find the bottles a bit cumbersom - especially to take away on holiday etc.

Em xXx

Thanks for that info EmJ. Off to order some as it would be useful to have tubes for holidays, etc. like you say. :10:

I have a massive bottle of Arnica gel and I love it always like to have it in

If anyone is after Arnica gel, I just noticed that the SBC website is selling 3x175ml tubes for £10 and delivery is free in the UK! I'm going to get some as I really like it but find the bottles a bit cumbersom - especially to take away on holiday etc.

Em xXx

Do you have their website address.

Thanks.

T x

Latest posts

Back