In The Salon with SBC TSV 08/08/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone on FB has said they have SIX unopened SBC TSVs in their stash.

Can anyone beat this??? :mysmilie_466:

Checked prices on SBC site as not all available singularly on QVC.
Collagen gel on SBC £55.00 cost incl p&p. £12.27
Collagen shower on SBC £29. cost incl p&p £6.58
Collagen ultra rich cream on SBC £29.00 cost incl p&p £6.47
Collagen hydra gel serum on SBC £70 cost incl p&p £15.61
Total on SBC £183.50 cost Of TSV £40.93

They could pretend the products are £1000 each on the SBC website for all the sense it makes. It is a meaningless figure as the real price is the QVC one and SBC just inflates the pretend price on its own website so that we can all go Ooh Ahh Look at the Discount! Even the QVC price is over-inflated for the cheap ingredients of SBC products (predominently water, glycerin and alcohol....)

Someone on FB has said they have SIX unopened SBC TSVs in their stash.

Can anyone beat this??? :mysmilie_466:

That is absolutely ridiculous, it would probably take the next five years to get through six litres of useless gel that may sit on the skin, but certainly can't penetrate it. The only way I'd ever "beat this" is with a stick. :mysmilie_17:

I couldn't believe I was listening to the nonsense spouted by the guest, when rubbing the lotions into her arms, she gushed "there is no special way to apply this, just rub it in ". Jeezus how else WOULD you use it ? Just rub it in ????? Gawd sometimes I wonder if they believe they are entertaining millions of village idiots with the c...p they come out with.

I have some SBC products from way back when I was scooped up into buying land by the hype.I have never liked the products the sticky feel & they don't seem to do anything for me.I should really clear them out as I am unlikely ever to use them now.

I like some of the SBC products, but don't like the body butters (too thick and plasticky in texture), the Arnica range does nothing for me and the Vitamin ACE range just smells like Hibiscrub, yuk.

Someone has already posted a review for today's TSV, complaining bitterly that the collagen range contains fish proteins (trademark Oceagen, had to search for details) which is not all made clear by either SBC or Q - pretty bad to say the least.

Someone has already posted a review for today's TSV, complaining bitterly that the collagen range contains fish proteins (trademark Oceagen, had to search for details) which is not all made clear by either SBC or Q - pretty bad to say the least.

Yuk! No wonder they have to add all that dayglo colour and fake scent to mask the fishy business.

They could pretend the products are £1000 each on the SBC website for all the sense it makes. It is a meaningless figure as the real price is the QVC one and SBC just inflates the pretend price on its own website so that we can all go Ooh Ahh Look at the Discount! Even the QVC price is over-inflated for the cheap ingredients of SBC products (predominently water, glycerin and alcohol....)

I agree they are inflated on SBC website, however as all items were not available on QVC it was difficult to compare. Normally I would compare to the full QVC price. I still feel the cost of each item is proportionate and may be of use to someone who likes SBC. I like to cost things including P&P as I do like to gift items to friends and have a specific budget,a lot of my friends like SBC and have seen a difference with these products.

They must've only had a small amount of TSV stock if it's still on advanced order eight hours after it "sold out"

do these products really work?

Well, the collagen is useless, of course, as the molecules are too big to be absorbed by the skin. Because we'd like more of it in the ageing body doesn't mean slapping it on the outside will have any effect. The cheap-as-chips glycerin that's in most SBC products will act as an effective humectant and so give the skin a bit of temporary mositure and make it feel nice for a while. That's about it (apart from the placebo effect built on the back of the sales spiel!).

Gave lots of my collagen SBC away to people, they didn't like it one bit. I couldn't use it because being very sensitive to anything fishy it irritated me. I am so over SBC except arnica gel, works wonders for me.

do these products really work?

I'm a fan of SBC, especially the collagen serum, and the bust cream. I also use their bath & shower creme: Manuka Honey & Orange Blossom, Super Fruits, and Collagen. I enjoy the sensory experience of using them in the bath, and they don't make my skin feel dry or itchy, as many other bath products do.

This TSV is really good value: I shop around for my SBC, and usually buy from Amazon, ebay, or Bodylife-UK, but even their prices didn't come close. The 70ml serum alone, is worth about £50.00, ml for ml (it's usually around £20 for 30ml).

I agree they are inflated on SBC website, however as all items were not available on QVC it was difficult to compare. Normally I would compare to the full QVC price. I still feel the cost of each item is proportionate and may be of use to someone who likes SBC. I like to cost things including P&P as I do like to gift items to friends and have a specific budget,a lot of my friends like SBC and have seen a difference with these products.

I do that - I work out the cost proportionately to help me decide about any set so you saved me a job. I don't love SBC but I like the serum and I use the gel with my own body lotions so I was quite tempted. I have most of a 500ml bottle of collagen gel left though and will be using that up for weeks yet so I decided the TSV was not for me this time.

I wonder how that one star review got approved because apparently the ultra rich cream was new? If they'd have waited though they'd have heard Adele state it was "marine collagen" well she said it about four times in the thirty seconds I watched. In the reviewers defence though, it is naught of QVC not to state all the ingredients of a product on line, they're just a big fat law suit waiting to happen.

The lack of ingredient list has been bought up for years. QVC just ignore or sometimes on their Facebook people just say go to the brand's own website.

I used to like SBC, never rated the collagen stuff, made a nice light body moisturiser in hot weather that was it. Then all the move into facial skin care put me off. I have sensitive skin and wouldn't put it anywhere near my face.

Latest posts

Back