In the Kitchen with Sarah and Genius

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rentochops

AKA Slinkychops
I felt for Sarah G last night as she attempted to chop an onion with the Genius Baby Nicer Dicer Fruit & Veg 11 Piece Food Slicer (827714).

:18:I had to laugh as she tried desperatly to cut the onion, did anyone else see it - poor lass, it took her quite a while to re-cover until she got to the House-ware slicer and she went mad slicing everything in sight, the guest looked quite scared!:18::18:

laughed so much. reminds me of the good old days before qvc got all polished and tries to be perfect. i must admit that when the guest demonstrates that item they do hold it in a way that giant hay stacks held mick mcmanus by the neck. just proves you cannot beat a good professional set of sharp knives.poor sarah lol

Cringe tv - i felt very uncomfortable for her and she just kept trying. You could even hear voices from the studio (i assume) telling her what to do!!

I saw that too I've got the other genius set with the y shaped peeler and not surprised she make a hash of it as it has to be one of the worst things i've bought off qvc had to throw one of the blades out as made the mistake of trying to cut up a butternut squash but its not the easiest thing to use in the world but since we've bought the techinque knife set chopping is so much easier much better with a good knife set i'm sure the demo put a lot of people off poor Sara funniest thing since Anthony tried to cook a fry up

poor Sara funniest thing since Anthony tried to cook a fry up

I remember, years ago, he tried to demonstrate a saucepan with a strainer. I think it had raw potato cut into chips in it, and he just turned it upside-down and of course, everything fell out. He looked stunnned. I like it when things go wrong!

Just watched the video presentation of this. Sara remained really good humoured and self-deprecating throughout. Very funny.

Ahhh but did you see who Sara G was in the kitchen with...... None other than the Simon Brown from The Jewellery Channel, apparantly he is now a home economist...... But i must admit he did a better job than Sara, she did make me laugh struggling with her onions!!!!!!

Ahhh but did you see who Sara G was in the kitchen with...... None other than the Simon Brown from The Jewellery Channel, apparantly he is now a home economist...... But i must admit he did a better job than Sara, she did make me laugh struggling with her onions!!!!!!

simon brown was flogging kitchen stuff (amongst other things) on shopping telly way before he got into jewellery.

If you look carefully, you'll notice that the position of the onion dicer on the table has changed when we see it again after chopping the egg! Has someone sneaked in and rectified the problem while we weren't looking?? ;)

Did you see those pork-chops he cooked? When he got them out of the grill-pan they were still oinking...euww, lol!

Also, he kind of ruined the spiel he came out with regarding those environmentally-friendly, planet-saving Earth Pans by announcing you could 'throw your old ones away'.
No dear - put them on Freecycle....
:5:

I have just had to return my earth pans because the coating had started to flake off round the edges....such a shame as I loved them, they were light, non stick and generally nice to use...

Latest posts

Back