In The Kitchen feat Jason Vale TSV 25/02/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watched the documentary, about 8 'guinea pigs', each with their own medical problems. They survived on juice for 28 days, exercised, all at one of his 'retreats' abroad. Essentially, it was a 1 hour 25 minutes long advert, for his 'health holiday.'
Another instance, where the desperation, and lack of confidence, of those who find it impossible to lose weight, aka emotional blackmail, causes these people to allow themselves to become vulnerable and, consequently, taken advantage of. Jason Vale is on hand to help. To relieve them of their hard earned.
These retreats are the more lucrative money maker; his books, diet plans, and the hardware, less so.
He depicts himself as a health guru when, basically, he regards it as an easy way to make money. I do not have any respect for the guy.

Of course they'd ****** well lose weight if they exercised and just drank a few glasses of fruit juice! A BALANCED diet and regular exercise is best! A friend of mine did a grapefruit water detox. She fainted in the kitchen at work and smashed her head on the worktop. They had to take her to hospital in an ambulance. Fortunately she was ok, but it turned out that the detoxing was to blame.

Oh not that silly sod Jason Vale again! I couldn't stand 5 minutes of his annoying patronising attitude last night he was on. He is an ego maniac! Totally loves himself!

Glad someone else feels the same, he does go on. Got a juicer/smoothly maker at a fraction of price and does the job! If only I used it more :mysmilie_15:

i was reading in the es magazine about some journalists doing a 10 day fast. i think if you were to do something like this it should be on a day when you are at home. preferably under proper supervision

i was reading in the es magazine about some journalists doing a 10 day fast. i think if you were to do something like this it should be on a day when you are at home. preferably under proper supervision

I would only be able to do a fast if I wasn't at home... I doubt I'd be able to find enough to distract me from the siren calls of the fridge and kitchen cupboard :mysmilie_5:

Thing is, it really depends what kind of fast you are doing. If you are only going to drink water for 10 days, with no food or other nutrition whatsoever, yes I would agree. If you are doing something where you eat low calorie meals at least once a day, then perhaps it doesn't need to be under medical supervision... but I think you should definitely seek medical advice to see if it is appropriate for you as an individual.

Ideal World were selling a slow juicer for £20 a few days back...

Jason Vale is hyperactive, so hyperactive it's exhausting watching him.

Jason Vale Retro Fast Juicer with 5:2 Juice Diet & The Funky Fresh Juice Books
Item Number: 804999
QVC Price £147.00
Today's Special Value Price £119.88
P&P £7.95

This juicing collection from Jason Vale includes the speedy Retro Fast Juicer which features a wide juicing funnel allowing whole fruits and vegetables to be placed in the machine, along with two books, the '5:2 Juice Diet Book' and 'Funky Fresh Juice', making it the perfect bundle for beginners to juicing. Start your path to a healthier 2016, packed full of the vitamins and minerals which juicing can provide, with this fantastic array from the 'Juice Master' Jason Vale.

The 'Juice Master' - this best-selling author discovered the benefits of juicing first-hand when he used it to improve his own wellbeing. Jason is now on a mission to ‘Juice the World’ and help people to turn their health around too, using natural means where possible.

No hassle, no waste - designed to deal with fruit and vegetables whole, there's no need for chopping or peeling; simply drop your produce into the feeding chute and the juicer does the rest for you! Incredibly quick to use, it's perfect for those with a busy lifestyle who still want to eat healthily.

Extra helpings - keep on track with the two included books, designed to go hand-in-hand with your new juicer. Learn more about the power of good nutrition and enjoy the easy-to-follow juice recipes. There is also an included signed postcard from Jason himself.

Ergonomic design - the Retro Fast Juicer is ergonomically designed for left or right hand use with a stainless steel cutting disk and bowl, making it fantastically easy to clean and dishwasher safe.

Colour options:

Black
Blue
Cream
Pink
Union Jack

What's in the box?

Retro Fast Juice Machine
5:2 Juice Diet Book
Funky Fresh Juice book
2 x 1L jugs
1 x cleaning brush

Technical specifications:

Juice tap with anti-drip cap
Voltage: 220 - 240
Wattage: 700
Juicer (h x w x d): 41cm x 16cm x 27cm (16.1" x 6.3" x 10.6")
Weight: 3.8kg

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804999

I had liquidised food when I was a baby and no doubt will have it again in my dotage but in the years inbetween I think I'll stick to solid food.

I had liquidised food when I was a baby and no doubt will have it again in my dotage but in the years inbetween I think I'll stick to solid food.

Indeed! Having fed puréed mince to elderly patients with swallowing difficulties I'm certainly sticking to solid food for as long as I can...

Well, apart from wine of course :mysmilie_17:

Not that Jason (no a)Vale again I see, from what I remember when he was on Ideal World flogging his useless juicer, not many people bought it. It's only lately the last of his books got sold too, but had to go down to £1 to shift them.

Yes MML, they had the Nutrijuicer for £20.

So, when he made his debut on QVC, you needed a SLOW juicer, to ensure you got all the vitamins and minerals, etc. This is why it was so expensive. Now, he is fogging a FAST juicer. If we heeded him, we would see this as inferior, to the slow juicer. Does he not think the viewer has the ability, to retain information? He is insulting the intelligence, of the QVC viewer, imo.

his demos are very good though

Charlie was lapping it all up.

They had Caroline Sandry on with the Ninja later in the hour. Sorry, nice as Caroline is, she's got no credibility in the kitchen, and her homous looked like barf... a far cry from the lovely efforts of Jilly Jones.

I've just watched the videod demo online.

They kept saying how easy it is to clean, but didn't once dismantle the machine and show how to clean it, in fact, they said "it's all in the book". As they didn't actually SHOW how easy it is to clean, then it obviously isn't.

At one time Jason said he could make a juice and clean the machine in 10 minutes. As each juice only took about 2 seconds to make, then I assume it will take 10 minutes to clean it after the 2 seconds of juicing.

I got very annoyed with Charlie constantly interrupting, a characteristic I didn't know he normally had. None of the interruptions were necessary either.

I've just watched the videod demo online.

They kept saying how easy it is to clean, but didn't once dismantle the machine and show how to clean it, in fact, they said "it's all in the book". As they didn't actually SHOW how easy it is to clean, then it obviously isn't.

At one time Jason said he could make a juice and clean the machine in 10 minutes. As each juice only took about 2 seconds to make, then I assume it will take 10 minutes to clean it after the 2 seconds of juicing.

I got very annoyed with Charlie constantly interrupting, a characteristic I didn't know he normally had. None of the interruptions were necessary either.

Yes, he seemed to cut Jason off quite rudely a number of times. One can only assume that the producer told him to, as it's not Charlie's natural style. This is a growing and unpleasant malaise on QVC.

On the juicer - I am struck by how many bits there are to it - it has a very large footprint: so no good in a small kitchen. I have a Philips juicer which is far more compact: it's the smaller Viva model. It is extremely quick and easy to dismantle and clean, and if you include veg & fruit prep before juicing, I would say 10 minutes is about right. I'd say it's about a 50-50 split between prep and juicing vs dismantling and cleaning. I would say the one I have is a good starting point for juicing, but I would also say that if you can borrow one to see if juicing is for you before committing any money it's even better. In that respect having a 14-day or 30-day MBG is very useful. A very cynical approach would be, you could try the Jason Vale juicer, then return it and get a cheaper model.

Last edited:
Juicing is beneficial as a way to get "salad dodgers" and others with low fruit & veg consumption to get the nutrients which are in fruit and vegetables. If you are already having at least the recommended 5 a day - with a good amount of different colours and a good balance between fruit and vegetables, then there is no specific need to juice. One of the good things though, is if you don't like specific fruit or veg which could be a beneficial addition to your diet from a nutrient point of view... you could use this as a way to get these things.

One of the risks is that if this becomes your sole means of consuming fruit and veg, the brakes on you consuming too much (satiety caused by the fibre in the fruit and veg) are removed. This could lead you to consuming a heck of a lot more calories than you realise.

I do juice sometimes, I do blitz myself nutriblasts on a fairly regular basis, but I do also sit down and enjoy a salad most days, and make meals with loads of vegetables. I am not particularly more healthy and energised than someone who doesn't. It's my choice... I'm trying to not be less healthy thank I already am.

You can get good quality juicers for less than this price - one of the benefits of it being a bit more fashionable - there are more models available and prices are coming down. Fast juicers are generally cheaper than slow ones, and you can get decent ones for a lot less than this offering. Slow juicers tend to be at their cheapest near the top-end of the fast juicer price range - but the quality of the juices is reckoned to be better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back