In Honour of the Smashbox 10th Anniversary...Smashbox Favourites?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm a long way behind you though WS. Love A'kin didn't confess to anything did she? I am not sure if Donna had bought all that stuff she listed or not.:mysmilie_701:

No confessions from me - although (Quelle Surprise) I was tempted by several things!

Aren't you glad you didn't buy that set when it had postage on it as well LH?! :D

I bought the 4 piece Pro Palette collection 229 521 - It came today and is lovely the eye and blush colours are great.

I also bought the Hi Def Concealer - I have been using this for about a year since its launch and it is simply the best concealer I have ever used - and I have tried them all!

Favourite Smashbox products (apart from Timbre!) are Halo, Primer, O gloss, the shadow liner duos (the slate duo is my fav) and of course the Ultimate Palette.

No confessions from me - although (Quelle Surprise) I was tempted by several things!

Aren't you glad you didn't buy that set when it had postage on it as well LH?! :D

I so am LA'k. I know it's only a few pounds but I wouldn't have been a happy bunny.
Good f.a.r.ting on your part too. :mysmilie_696:

I ordered the 4 piece pro pallete set before saturday as I was out in the day and paid the postage but it was sold out so I wouldnt have got it if I waited so I didnt mind.

i've only used o-glow did give me spots first time i used it left it a week tried again been fine since love it

i cant live without the brow tech........love the smashing pink lip plumpling gloss......also halo powder BUT prefer BE.. i like the light primer to the ordinary one......& their brushes too.........i think i will have more stashed away somewhere

I so am LA'k. I know it's only a few pounds but I wouldn't have been a happy bunny.
Good f.a.r.ting on your part too. :mysmilie_696:

Cheers my lovely! It was a bit more difficult than usual on Smashbox shows cos usually I've got almost everything they are showing whereas this time they had lots of new things - but I have lots of make up!

I made a new years resolution with the girls at work to wear different eys lips and cheeks every day until I ran out of options and I haven't yet! :eek:

:mysmilie_348: I FARTED :mysmilie_34:

I have wayyyyyy to muchmake-up and DO NOT NEED ANYMORE :mysmilie_11:..........................*polishes halo*..............Are you listening Loveheart ?

:mysmilie_697::mysmilie_698::mysmilie_61:

:mysmilie_348: I FARTED :mysmilie_34:

I have wayyyyyy to muchmake-up and DO NOT NEED ANYMORE :mysmilie_11:..........................*polishes halo*..............Are you listening Loveheart ?

:mysmilie_697::mysmilie_698::mysmilie_61:

I hear you Jabs, loud and clear. Well done.:mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696:. Bakergirl could learn a lot from you.:mysmilie_61:

:mysmilie_34: Forgot to say my faves!

Lips: I Love O Gloss - whenver I need to look low maintanence but pretty I have that in my pocket. I also love High shine Lip Gloss for making my lips look more plump and luscious. I wear it over everything. Smashbox lipglosses in general restored my faith in gloss when even Bobbi Brown's was making horrible white stuff in the corners of my mouth. Great texture and no sticky sickly sweet flavourings.

Eyes: I have a soft spot for Smashbox eye shadows, but also love the Shadow Liner and The Cream Eyeliner. Texture wise I probably prefer Bobbi Brown but Smashbox do some great colours like Putty and Thunder that don't have shimmer and don't look as if they'd be very exciting but are super flattering on. (If some bloke is going to hit on me on the train nine times out of ten I've got Thunder on!) :mysmilie_12:

Cheeks: O Glow - Love it - so easy and natural looking. a day off essential. Ooh and I've had French Kiss on the go for yurrs ;)

Complexion: I'm trying to wean myself off silicones but while I still have Photo Finish Foundation Primer in most of it's incarnations it would be a waste not to use them up! I don't use it everyday but every time I do I think I should!

Brushes: Ooh Number 12 the brow brush - had mine for a decade and use it daily. I also love Number 15 the crease brush and number 30 the shadow liner brush. I have quite a few Smashbox brushes and they've all stood the test of time.

Ooh - phone's ringing!

good thread LAK
i adore smashbox have almsot everything lol(sad make up junkie i am)
No 1 fav all time Primer light cos it makes such a difference to my skin
Current cant live without Heartbreaker fusion soft lights, oooohh it is sooo pretty
All the liners , cream, shadowliners and jet set adore them so easy
Halo, expensive but again love what it does
O glow and O plump,so easy gives great colour

i could go on all morning lol

I hear you Jabs, loud and clear. Well done.:mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696:. Bakergirl could learn a lot from you.:mysmilie_61:

What??? I haven't bought anything for ages and you're complaining about £12??

I've never bought anything because I had to just use my 3 easy pay or I wanted to cheer myself up. :mysmilie_11:

Does the O Glow stay shiny/slightly damp or does it dry completely on the cheeks? I'm asking because I have a Virgin Vie version and it's absolutely rubbish. It doesn't dry so remains slightly sticky, and is really shiny and looks stupid!

The O Glow looked really nice on the demonstrations...

Does the O Glow stay shiny/slightly damp or does it dry completely on the cheeks? I'm asking because I have a Virgin Vie version and it's absolutely rubbish. It doesn't dry so remains slightly sticky, and is really shiny and looks stupid!

have you tried any of the smashbox primers?except the light version, as o glow feels just like that, its the silicone i believe, it does dry but it takes a bit of getting used to applying it.worth trying cos the colour is beautifull

have you tried any of the smashbox primers?except the light version, as o glow feels just like that, its the silicone i believe, it does dry but it takes a bit of getting used to applying it.worth trying cos the colour is beautifull

No I haven't tried the primers yet, they are on my list of things to try though! I have a BE primer, is that the sort of thing you mean? Sounds good, think I may try it at some point.

Thanks for the reply! x

No I haven't tried the primers yet, they are on my list of things to try though! I have a BE primer, is that the sort of thing you mean? Sounds good, think I may try it at some point.

Thanks for the reply! x

i havent tried BE primer.
smashbox primers feel quite different almost like a silky feeling on the skin.
Have a look on ebay o glows usually dirt cheap on there

Ooh, Smashbox, don't get me started! Here's my faves:

Photo Finish Primer Light

Single eyeshadows and mega palette from JBD last year, the softest nicest shadows!

Fusion Soft lights in Guru, Tint and several others.

Lipgloss (original, not lip enhancing)

Jet Set (bring on the Teal, can't wait!)

Waterproof Shadow Liner- first time in my life I've been able to do a trendy eye and with zero effort! winner!

Cream eyeliner palettes, chance to try loads of different colours and all in a credit card sized palette.

Halo - nice in the summer when I can get away with less coverage or to add a bit of glow to LG BnB which can be a bit flat by itself.

Brushes - all of them! they last for years and god bless the days when we'd get full sized face brushes with the TSV's, that's the only reason I have so many. :mysmilie_696:

I was so good and didn't buy anything over the anniversary weekend but only because I've been indulging my other obsession...Cargo makeup!

tx

O Glow doesn't stay sticky or shiny on me chick. It looks and feels really natural.

Bubble gum pink suits me as a blush colour though - don't get it if bubblegum pink doesn't suit you cos whatever they say it does turn pretty much the same colour on everyone. It can fade a bit too as the day goes on. I actually like it best when I've had it on for about two hours it just softens off alittle bit and even I can't see where I applied it.

It dries quickly too - so do one cheek at a time to avoid the Aunt Sally effect! :mysmilie_17:

Ooh, Smashbox, don't get me started! Here's my faves:

Photo Finish Primer Light

Single eyeshadows and mega palette from JBD last year, the softest nicest shadows!

Fusion Soft lights in Guru, Tint and several others.

Lipgloss (original, not lip enhancing)

Jet Set (bring on the Teal, can't wait!)

Waterproof Shadow Liner- first time in my life I've been able to do a trendy eye and with zero effort! winner!

Cream eyeliner palettes, chance to try loads of different colours and all in a credit card sized palette.

Halo - nice in the summer when I can get away with less coverage or to add a bit of glow to LG BnB which can be a bit flat by itself.

Brushes - all of them! they last for years and god bless the days when we'd get full sized face brushes with the TSV's, that's the only reason I have so many. :mysmilie_696:

I was so good and didn't buy anything over the anniversary weekend but only because I've been indulging my other obsession...Cargo makeup!

tx

TSVs are where most of my Smasbox brushes came from too! What did you get from Cargo honey? (I love their stuff as well.)

Yeah, the days of the face brushes in TSV's are long gone I fear...

Well (deep breath!) I got the Mozambique eyeshadow palette, Malibu eyeshadow palette, Peony Plant Love blush and Coral Beach blush. But just before Christmas I got the Hands of Hope palette from the US and the Runway palette from QVC....it's fair to say I'm on a bit of a kick! And Cargo themselves sent me a (free!) Egypt eyeshadow palette! I commented on their FB page about the reduced stock in Boots compared with Sainsburys and they offered to send me a little palette. Apparently 'exciting things' are coming in Boots in Spring for Cargo so yay for that!

What are your faves? :mysmilie_696:

Tx

Latest posts

Back