Imitation - Flattery : nothing sincere about it!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
The tsv for 28/12/2012 is the craft sale; the POD on IW is the craft sale. IW evidently have someone in the know getting the info on the Q's upcoming tsvs for them, as they have aired the same hours as their special daily offer. It appears they are trying to get in first by using tactics on QVC, as they air at 21.00 compared to the Q at midnight. When will they realise the channel just is not good enough to beat the Q in any ratings. QVC has customer confidence; IW does not. Their problems go a lot deeper than POD v TSV products.

I don't watch it either.Its strange as for many years I've watched and liked QVC,IW just seems pointless to me...I suppose its how my DH regards QVC!

The tsv for 28/12/2012 is the craft sale; the POD on IW is the craft sale. IW evidently have someone in the know getting the info on the Q's upcoming tsvs for them, as they have aired the same hours as their special daily offer. It appears they are trying to get in first by using tactics on QVC, as they air at 21.00 compared to the Q at midnight. When will they realise the channel just is not good enough to beat the Q in any ratings. QVC has customer confidence; IW does not. Their problems go a lot deeper than POD v TSV products.

yes, i've noticed that a few times lately and wondered the same thing. don't watch - just seen on the epg.

IW have at least one craft POD every week in addition to whatever is happening on C&C. The POD is aired on both channels during that day. C&C have other offers running in addition like 4 day deals etc ( at least that is what I think happens). Since retiring I have watched C&C and there are some good interesting hours on it- for example Kaffe Fassett a couple of weeks ago. Some amusing guests who demonstrate how to use the goods.

Well, no interest in crafting so never watch anyway.

But IW it seems the same products are POD or brands no matter when you flick over. I think of them as the Pound Shop, same things in no matter when you wander in.

These days IW is more interesting to watch than QVC IMO, but I would never buy from them again with their abysmal foreign CS. I had to get Trading Standards involved to get a refund for my last purchase (faulty) as all my emails were ignored.

I had a problem with IW CS and a Karcher I bought (a few years ago now) - vowed never to buy from them again and never have.

Lets face it you need confidence in a company to buy from a distance and I just felt that behind the facade IW was employing some of the characters from the Disney store...

I get what the opening thread means but its no suprise really, I'm sure there are spies in each camp spilling the beans!

For me it always used to be quality rather than quantity so I used to enjoy QVC crafts more but, they will have to watch out as there are a few very very talented people demoing on C&C and these crafters are inspiring me and I'm sure other crafters out there. Still not tempted to buy from them but I do 'use' them for ideas and find the items elsewhere cheaper.

If QVC keep to their regular hour each week and, hopefully this year add a few more regular hours to each week, then I think they could claw back their fan base as long as they have some beutiful new items coming through.

I love Create and Craft. QVC doesn't come anywhere close. I think Stephenie made a mistake going to QVC. She is very restricted with the small number of items they sell. Ideal World has been going downhill for a while now. I switch over to see if they have anything new but no, Karcher, Halogen Oven and Moira C, Steam Cleaners. The same products are featured what seems like every hour. The only thing wrong with the C&C is the overseas call centre. Thank goodness I can order on line. When I really have had to ring "customer services" and that is a case of misrepresentation - I have just wasted money on the call as I haen't been able to understand what they say and have got nowhere.