Illuminage Touch Permanent Hair Reduction System TSV 29/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Also available at Boots for £375 with 7500 advantag card points. There are some health contraindications. Yet another gadget that requires the face to be waxed or shaved before treatment so that's me out. The company also make a skin smoothing laser. Wonder if there will be an extended money back guarantee. It looks easy and quick to use on the body.

Yes 'gadget' is the right word to use ! Gadgets with probes for face 'lifting', with rotating scrubbing brush for cleansing the face, for 'setting' nail colour, for hair removal, for disinfecting toothbrush, for eyebrow plucking - when will it all end ??????? ooooh there hasn't been a "bottom buddy " yet (portable bum wiper for the unitiated) !!!!

Also available at Boots for £375 with 7500 advantag card points. There are some health contraindications. Yet another gadget that requires the face to be waxed or shaved before treatment so that's me out. The company also make a skin smoothing laser. Wonder if there will be an extended money back guarantee. It looks easy and quick to use on the body.

picture one shows it with a 90 day money back garantee

Iluminage TOUCH Permanent Hair Reduction System with Epilator & Shaver Attachment
Item Number: 400912
QVC Price: £363.00
Today's Special Value Price £299.97
P&P £7.95

3 easy pays i think

This effective at-home hair reduction system can be used on both the face and body, and features patented Elos technology which combines IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and RF (Radio Frequency) therapies to safely remove unwanted hair from all skin colours and across a wide range of hair colours. For silky smooth, hair-free skin, try this revolutionary system from Iluminage.

How does it work? Intense Pulsed Light heats the hair follicle, attracting Radio Frequency energy to the right place. This combination is used to disrupt the follicle, reducing hair regrowth.

Effective for everyone - the unique technology in this device is effective on even the darkest skin and a huge range of hair colours, from the lightest blondes and reds to deeper browns and black.

Get the results you want - use the device straight out of the box and then once a week for a further six weeks. Follow this with monthly maintenance treatments and you could see up to 95% hair reduction on treated areas after a year.

Complete kit - the device comes with a precision adaptor so you can treat sensitive areas of the face or avoid moles and tattoos, while the epilator and shaver attachments allow you to remove hair and help prevent regrowth all in one treatment.

Trusted by professionals - your Iluminage device will automatically glide and flash to cover large body areas and can emit up to 300,000 flashes during its lifetime; it's no wonder the Elos technology is used by professionals for 3 million treatments worldwide every year.

Extended 90-day money back guarantee - we have tripled our money back guarantee to 90 days on this item so that you can really put it through its paces.

Treat your body in as little as 30 minutes
Mains powered
Hair Removal System (h x w x d): 19cm x 19cm x 7cm (7.5" x 7.5" x 2.8")
Length of cord: 108cm (42.5")

What's in the box?

1 x Iluminage TOUCH Permanent Hair Reduction System
1 x Precision adaptor
1 x epilator attachment
1 x shaver attachment
1 x goggles
1 x user guide

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.400912

That's quite a decent discount on the full price. I will be amazed if their treatment times can be achieved on the highest settings. Unlikely I will buy as the more powerful it is, the more it scares me lol.

How much!! Who wants permanent hair reduction, if you're willing to pay that much you want it permanently gone. I've been epilating for years and the hairs hardly grow back now. If you get a good one like a Panasonic that doesn't hurt, you can eventually have permanent hair removal for a lot less money.

I think the wording is a probably a legal issue. They cannot claim permanent as the product hasn't been around long enough for them to be able to "prove" that. It does also depend on the cause of the hair you're trying to zap. If its hormone related then permanent is very difficult to achieve even with full on laser treatment.

There is no such thing as permanent hair removal, as due to hormones and different stages of life we start sprouting new hairs, or in different areas. Hence, permant hair reduction.

No matter what this company says about their machine working on every hair colour, you're wasting your money if you have white/blonde/light brown hair. Home IPL just isn't effective on lighter hair, even a professional spot laser will struggle. Pale skin and dark hair will always achieve the best results. It's all to do with wavelengths and power, paying for professional alexandrite or yag laser is the only way to go for truly successful, cost effective results if you fall outside of that category of pale skin and dark hair which can be effectively reduced with home IPL.

(I know my stuff, I used to work in dermatology and we did laser hair removal...)

Last edited:
I've had professional laser treatment in the past. It successfully blitzed the darker hairs, but has left me with the red, blonde & white ones (I'm like a tortoiseshell cat!), which still need dealing with. I was told that people with darker skin could not have laser treatment, but this thing seems to be suitable? (Although I am v fair, just curious about what's different here)
Also curious about the fact that the item comes with goggles, but during the presentation they are all merrily zapping away without wearing them!
However ...
This item does get good reviews on Boots website, and it's £75 cheaper on QVC, PLUS 3 easy pays & 90 day mbg.
Ellaaa! Save me, for God's sake! I already have every hair removal gadget known to womankind ...

I think it's the RF (radio frequency) that will work on darker skins - the two parallel metal strip either side of the IPL light window.

I am curious as I have pale skin and a red head. So I have a mix of red and red blonde hairs and never fitted into any hair removal machines. Yes the reviews are good on boots but still not sure.

Latest posts

Back