If you think qvc are

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

V

Vivalas

Guest Shopper
Bad - at telling us to buy this and buy that to give as presents to the children's teachers, the postman, milkman, the chap in the street etc etc as if we're all made of money (they think nothing of £20 gifts willie nillie) then watch Argos TV!

The very pleasant young lady has been flogging a tablet for £169.99. It's so good and so cheap she reckons, that she'd advise buying one and keeping it in your drawer for when you next need to give someone a gift!!

I actually thought 'are you really taking the p**s?'

So maybe Q's presenters are more down to earth :call: I'll order 12 just in case :phone:

Maybe I'd have to buy a few gifts for whoever if I had had children, but to be honest it simply doesn't occur to me to do so as a general thing.

The postman and dustmen get cash at Christmas and I do give the occasional bottle of wine to say thank you. So the spiel doesn't work on me!

Maybe I'd have to buy a few gifts for whoever if I had had children, but to be honest it simply doesn't occur to me to do so as a general thing.

The postman and dustmen get cash at Christmas and I do give the occasional bottle of wine to say thank you. So the spiel doesn't work on me!

I'm shocked and maybe a little disappointed that you don't give table gifts Frazzled

I'm very fond of my postman of 20 years, he's extremely helpful and goes out of his way to make sure myself and a friend get our parcels without too many trips to the depot. The dustmen are very good as well, always polite and cheerful. I might have to re-access my generosity following retirement lol!

My postman seems pleasant enough, he smiles and says hello on the rare occasion I see him. I wouldn't know who empties my bins if I fell over them. I reckon a sincere thank you is enough if someone does a good job doing what is, well, their job.... that they get paid for. Just my opinion, obv.

I suppose it's what you're used to Ali..our parents always tipped at Xmas, and OH used to be a paper boy so he knows how it feels when they're delivering in this weather, so it's just a token of appreciation really! Our postie is brill..he doesn't knock for money when something is under-stamped and he brings packages for me that normally would come via the van, so I'm more than happy to give him a Xmas "thank you"!

I tip my postman he's very helpful if he's got a parcel or something that needs to be signed for he always leaves it with a neighbour which saves me a trip to the sorting office, but ever since we've had the 'wheelie' bins and especially now we have our own mini recycling centre's (four different bins/containers one week and one the second week) I no longer tip the bin men as I figure it's me doing all the work shuffling them from the rear of the house to the road and back again!

I tip my postman he's very helpful if he's got a parcel or something that needs to be signed for he always leaves it with a neighbour which saves me a trip to the sorting office, but ever since we've had the 'wheelie' bins and especially now we have our own mini recycling centre's (four different bins/containers one week and one the second week) I no longer tip the bin men as I figure it's me doing all the work shuffling them from the rear of the house to the road and back again!

Same here DD, I might take a leaf out of your book later this year. :handshake:

Last edited:
I give hermes delivery man, the postman, and the window cleaner. Thankfully we don't get any papers delivered :)

I stopped buying newspapers anyway, but it hasn't been possible to get one delivered round here for at least 10 years.

I think parents weren't too keen on their kids doing it, there were a few retired gents for a while, then the newsagent himself till he gave up!

I'm very fond of my postman of 20 years, he's extremely helpful and goes out of his way to make sure myself and a friend get our parcels without too many trips to the depot. The dustmen are very good as well, always polite and cheerful. I might have to re-access my generosity following retirement lol!

I also give a tenner to my window cleaner at Christmas - by way of a gagging order so he doesn't tell the neighbours what a hovel I live in !

Latest posts

Back