If it's in stock, it's online

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love Chocolate

Registered Shopper
How about:

If it's in stock, it's online and there's a photo with colour choices and full description.

Fed up with looking at something I'm interested in, only to just see the item number and price.

With so many people doing IT now as a career, it amazes me how bad QVC's website is. The search facility is appalling for starters. I can't understand why they just don't use the USA one and insert our products and prices. The USA one is brilliant.

couldn't agree more. seems most of what i search for has no description. i haven't been able to use the website all evening and in the end rang them to order some opi. when i asked if it was down they were quite sniffy and said i must be on the usa website!............um....no.

I agree,have been watching Q while I am here in the USA and find that I order more than at home as the website is more informative and they always state what country products are manufactured in,OK some of the guests are OTT but the presenters are never rude and they do not seem to need a resident beauty expert.
Lynn.

I also regularly get a message something like "we are unable to process your request at the moment, please contact customer service".

This happens to me all the time, usually when I am using Firefox, but if you change browsers to Google Chrome or Internet Explorer it usually resolves it.

I sometimes wonder if they do it on purpose so you can't order online and use Quidco but realistically I think it is just that the website is a bit rubbish !

Pants website!

Not like me to defend QVC but we're a little spoiled by Ian (supercoolwillow) finding item numbers weeks before they're intended to be sold. But there my sympathy ends; the website is so dated. They've tried various ways to conceal items over the years; when I first looked at the site donkeys' years ago I could search "TSV" and see the next few days' TSVs ahead of time which saved me staying up til midnight! I remember searching "Molton Brown" and finding every MB item including those due to be shown in Last Clicks or on the teletext bargains and scooping up some brilliant reductions. They should qualify the statement "If it's in stock and we will allow you to order it, it's online"!

I recently returned the Asus tablet with keyboard because I couldn't view the QVC website on it; not wishing to flatter QVC that they matter that much to me but seems crazy to sell something that can't access their own site! For about a week I could view the Qmobile service as the tablet acted like an android phone but then they pulled the plug on that service with no android ap likely in the near future.

I imagine the web development department is coasting along, comfortable in their jobs and don't see the need to embark on a far-reaching re-write of the site. Afterall they've just changed the background colours recently; maybe they think that's enough?

Jude xx

I also regularly get a message something like "we are unable to process your request at the moment, please contact customer service".

That drives me absolutely !!!! mad. I tried to order the one time only Mally for my daughter the other evening when it was on & got that message. By the time I got through to Q cut it was sold out & that was literally within about 30 seconds of it being on. How many did they have ? Ten !!! And it happened again in the Ephinany Diamonique show.Grrrrrr!!!

The online account system needs to be worked on. It's cumbersome. Orders should reflect sizes and colours ordered. I'm sure that there's more that can be tweaked there and on the overall website. This just comes to mind at the moment.

Another here who gets that, usually when I've spent hours trawling the site and discover it's something like a popular tsv causing the problems. For so many years they have been like that, stuggle to cope with traffic, how stupid is that! Isn't it time they sorted it out.

Last edited:
That drives me absolutely !!!! mad. I tried to order the one time only Mally for my daughter the other evening when it was on & got that message. By the time I got through to Q cut it was sold out & that was literally within about 30 seconds of it being on. How many did they have ? Ten !!! And it happened again in the Ephinany Diamonique show.Grrrrrr!!!

that happens constantly with OTO's. then they magically reappear at the standard price, barely even trying to conceal the fact they must allocate a tiny number for the oto.

Hi,

unfortunately, its not only the website that is out of date.

A lot of their processes are as well.

1) why does it take so long to send stuff out of the warehouse? There are loads of online companies which are much faster than they are. QVC should be leading in this type of process
2) the weird P&P prices. OK, so they want to make money on P&P, but there are loads of examples of small items costing more in postage than larger ones. The Nails Inc TSV was sent signed-for. Why? You can get a receipt for free from the post office to cover insurance up to £46 or so, and the item was less than that. Just a waste of money. The whole postal pricing structure needs looking at
3) returns. Most damaged items wont be replaced until you send the original back. Again, why? They have a record of all your orders, so if you screw then around then they'll know about it.
4) the website is pants. If they made it better they could cut jobs in the call centre, which would save them money.

They have a load of company standards which were fine 10 years ago, but havent moved with the times.

Cheers,
karen

that happens to me too but I just clear the cookies and that seems to solve the problem. It does mean though, if going via Topcashback or Quidco, you have to log in again to refresh the link to QVC or it won't track.

Latest posts

Back