If a fellow QVC addict came round at Christmas.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sticking to the plot there would only be Yankee candles (bathroom - baby powder) and L'Occitane hand wash (bathroom again - lavender) but actually they weren't bought from QVC so I could deny the charge.

A few bits of Elemis in the bathroom, Ojon shampoo and conditioner. My Kipling City April hanging up in the hall.

Otherwise nothing.

If they did hit the kitchen my Clarisonic sits on the worktop(actually bought from SpaceNK in 2009).

Only thing they`d find is the wintertrax stuck to the bottom of my dog walking boots on the shoe stand in the hall. Other than that, nothing, not even toiletries in the downstairs loo or upstairs on my dressing table. I`m a high street gal for all that kind of stuff.

The only evidence of Q in the downstairs of my home is a yankee candles tart burner and ninja in the kitchen. There is a l'Occitaneiquid soap and hand cream in the kitchen.
In the bathroom areL'Occitane shower products, liquid soap and my husbands ABC skin wash. More nosey visitors would open the bathroom cupboard to reveal spare L'Occitane products, my clarisonic and arnica gel. If they opened the medicine cabinet they would see a lonely bottle of tea tree oil amongst the calpol. I don't think my Emma Hardie skin care would give me away as a Q addict.

In the bedroom there is cosy Northern Nights flannel on the bed. There is a Lori Greiner contraption under the bed next to the stash of nappies. My stash of cosmetics has depleted sufficiently to make it redundant. I have one kipling bag and one Tignanello in the wardrobe. My make up bag and vanity case are kipling but they were not and never were abailable from Q. Inside them is a load of Mally make up. My jewellery would never give it away, as I have just 2 or 3 eek pieces, 1 lola rose (from amazon) and 2 Mischa rings. Hardly obvious.

If they look at my feet they would notice Emu boots.

lounge woul be yankee tart burner,yankee candle, 3 slankets,bose system. hallway kipling chilly bag in black. downstairs loo l'occitane handwash,room spray. kitchen microwave grill pan and pans.cooks essentials pots,yankee candle,l'occitane verbena handwash,techniques baking trays, muical cake mould, dinner plates/cups/etc,cooks essential relishes which are running out. and lock n lock.
bedroom diamonique,too much lola rose,stash of candles,stash of l'occitane soaps.bodylotions and hancreams, and a very small selection of qvc clothing

What about you Burlz? What would we nosey females spot and immediately think "ah...Q!"

What about if we came to Burly towers, what would we find? keep it clean !
Sorry BM i think we posted at the same time

Just this

image.jpg

It's Bella Notte and I'm not sure about it!

If it were really Christmas there would be some very tacky frameless cradles that morph in Bella Buddha's place, but they're not out yet.

And if you had to go to the bathroom, you'd have to go via the mezzanine so you might see Kelly's throw drying! :giggle:

My Samsung NC10 netbook, bought 3 (or was it 4) years ago and used daily ever since. Yankee Candles. Upstairs - Laura Geller, small amount of Liz E, almost-empty tub of Betty Grey-Away. Rusty pelvic-floor exerciser. Pink neon flamingo in the conservatory. 2 lovely Murano glass rings. Grampa's weeder (garage) Voodoo doll of Richard Jackson with garden fork sticking out of his chest. Cuddly toy (Charlie Bear).

A centigrade jacket on coat rack in hall. Yankee candles in the hall, lounge and bathroom. Cooks essentials low pressure cooker on stove top. A bit of Gatineau (throat gel) in the bathroom but I mostly use Clinique. Nothing else really, I have cut down my QVC spending drastically.

In the hall, nothing. In the lounge, nowt. In the kitchen, EasiYo maker. In the bathroom, ABC Skinwash (thrilling), Liz Earle/A'kin Shampoo and Conditioner on display. I don't even have posh handwash, just the cheap Cien stuff from Lidl which is absobloddylutely brilliant.

A centigrade coat hanging in the hall.

My Vivienne Tam netbook is usually somewhere in the living room.

And as I am open plan - a Cooks Essential microwave pressure cooker in the kitchen - brlliant bit of kit and only £2.99 from outlet, and silcone oven shelfs (also from outlet)
Plus easiyo jars/makers

...and they walked through the hall, into the lounge, and possibly nipped to the lavvy during the course of their visit, what would they spot which would give you away as a Q fanatic?

Absolutely nowt, unless they carelessly dropped some Xmas cake crumbs on the floor......then I would have ter bring out the cordless G-Tech carpet sweeper. Bother! :doh:

OH dear LOL. Gtech by the front door next to the coat rack with Centigrade coat and Kipling next to it. Kitchen 2 Cooks Essentials fast cookers (pans) on hob and same brand mini cooker, yoghurt maker on work surface. Arnica Gel and Elemis handcream and ABC cream above my head on shelf next to computer, Mr Christmas musical teddy ornament on mantle, Yankee candle tart burner next to fire place. Bathroom, ABC skinwash, Elemis and Ojon in Shower. And thats just the stuff you can see!

Last edited:
The only inkling would be from the bathroom - my clarisonic sitting by the edge of the bath. Elemis Milk Bath/Quiet Mind/Tranquil Touch, Decleor Alguaromes, Gatineau Vital Feeling and Philosophy Cocconut Frosting also sitting beside the bath (along with Molton Brown Blissful Templetree and Bliss Lemon & Sage - I know, too many, but I like to have a wide selection).

If they were nosey enough to peer into one of the bathroom cabinets then the shelves full of Gatineau, Elemis, Decleor, Sarah Chapman, Perricone, Ojon, Liz Earle etc might be a bit of a giveaway. :wonder:

Loving this wee thread BB :) Well Im not sure I would be rumbled as my Q purchases are stowed in cupboards or drawers, my few bits of LE, my LG makeup & things like that. I wear an eek ring everyday (I know, I know, but its eternal & I love it lol) so they may spot that! I do have Yankee candles but not from Q

I have a real life full size cardboard cut out of Ann Dawson in my living room which I guess would give me away :)

...and they walked through the hall, into the lounge, and possibly nipped to the lavvy during the course of their visit, what would they spot which would give you away as a Q fanatic?

Nothing, but there's plenty of stuff which would tell them I'm an M&S addict!

2 carrier bags in the hall full of slightly-too-thin blue mail sacks filled with stuff I'm returning and have already either forgotten what's in them or forgotten why I ordered them. Hidden behind the sofa another bag unopened hidden from Mr Akimbo and exasperated kids. Behind that another long-forgotten jiffy bag which has now gone past its 30day mbg so I'll have to discover a fault that wasn't originally apparent to secure a refund. Shoe-box full of the 2/3 part of invoices that remain when the return part is detached.

Time to take my meds again.

Nighty night.

Jude xx

In all seriousness I have a ninja in the kitchen and some blue knives and chopping board but can't remember the name. I have Yankee candles and those scanner candles from the recent tsv in the lounge. My bathrooms are full of Elemis and L'Occitane stuff and every bedroom has Northern Nights flannel bedding in winter, which is replaced with their lovely Egyptian cotton in the summer.

As a 42 year old divorcee with two rugby playing boys of 13 and 11 who live with me, my 29 year old girlfriend thinks I'm in touch with my feminine. She laughs at me for being so house proud :)

Latest posts

Back