I wonder what happened to......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

helena

Registered Shopper
I wonder what ever happened to Kara Tritten and Kara Baker. They have never been mentioned since the day they disappeared. Baker was really nice but the Tritten was unforgivable when she messed up an early Tim Holtz show a long time ago.

I think Kara Baker left when she was expecting her first baby but I'm not sure about Kara T. I know it's been many years since either of them graced our screens, especially Kara T who seemed to treat all her dolls like 'real' babies!

The first presenter I ever saw

Was Kara Baker, who I thought was sweet. She was presenting a ring, a ring with multi coloured gems in it, and she was singing "red and yellow and pink and blue, orange and purple and green. I (or is it you?) can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow......." you all know the rest. It was awful! Why on earth didn't I turn the telly off in disgust and watch a repeat of changing rooms or something!? I would have saved myself thousands!
Kara Tritton was OK but sometimes she did those daft voices (for which she is well known apparently) and that used to make me want to be uncle dick. Especially when she was presenting the teddy bear hours and used to wobble the teddy's head as if it was he (or she) that was speaking. Now I like teddy bears as much as the next girl but that was a bit much really.
Some friends of mine with nothing better to do all day actually introduced me to QVC eons before I had satellite TV. They used to watch it for hours on end and then pretend to present stuff and say things like "warehouse warning!!" a phrase that I have never actually heard for myself.

I wonder what ever happened to Kara Tritten and Kara Baker. They have never been mentioned since the day they disappeared. Baker was really nice but the Tritten was unforgivable when she messed up an early Tim Holtz show a long time ago.

What did she do with the fabulous Tim?

Thanks for the update. I'd like to know more about the Kara T/Tim Holtz incident!
Crafters all over Britain were waiting for the [second I think] appearance of Tim Holtz and his fab products and demos.
She talked over him constantly, interrupting him with stupid warnings about queues and limited stock and repeating item numbers, laughing at the dreaded gallery gang and their stupid comments etc. etc [obviously she didn't have a clue who Tim was in the crafting world and could easily had left it to him because it was a guarranteed sell out show anyway without her getting so excited! I could go on and on.
The poor man was standing next to her so polite in frozen demo position, ready to show how to do this or that and couldn't get a word in.
By the end of the hour I was exhausted at shouting at the tv! Give the poor fellow some space!
After many complaints on the forum I heard that when a fan spoke to him at the NEC show about the particular show, he was known to have commented that she can speak rather a lot! After that, she left the channel and was never seen again.
The Craft 'Tim' fans are convinced it was over that but then again Jll Franks still pops up every day without fail doesn't she with her gasping and inappropriate words and presentations!

Many thanks, Helena, for the lowdown on this! Sounds like it was totally cringeworthy. I remember she could get weirdly manic like that at times - never thought she fit-in as a presenter - glad she's gone. Sounds, too, like she was trying to get the credit for the sales with her endless clueless talking - what a numpty!

Crafters all over Britain were waiting for the [second I think] appearance of Tim Holtz and his fab products and demos.
She talked over him constantly, interrupting him with stupid warnings about queues and limited stock and repeating item numbers, laughing at the dreaded gallery gang and their stupid comments etc. etc [obviously she didn't have a clue who Tim was in the crafting world and could easily had left it to him because it was a guarranteed sell out show anyway without her getting so excited!

Well I think she should be applauded for getting excited over crafting....it would be beyond me. :rolleyes: :24: :pPC:

Latest posts

Back