I wonder how much of our P&P .......................

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
............ goes on paying the fares and expenses for shipping over the multitude of American guests?

I've just watched a video of silver polish. It could have been done by anyone (even me) and only lasted 4 minutes.

To add insult to injury, she polished/plated an AMERICAN penny! What is wrong with our pennies?

It must have cost a fortune for her transatlantic flights and London hotel, for 4 minutes work (although she may do another 4 minutes in the future, perhaps).

No wonder QVC prices and P&P are so high, there was absolutely no need for an American to do such a simple demo.

http://www.qvcuk.com/5-Piece-Restor...html?sc=SRCHDR&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-803563

QVC customers pay more for the products and p&p for guests, adverts, "free phone" freebies to presenters and the all loving "customer panel" DFs trip to China, after all, you don't think any overheads come out of the big American global QVC profits do you?

I know our favourite man Mr Basso loves to stay in a London hotel costing £5000 a night, that's a ruddy lot of P & P :mysmilie_13:

Do QVC pay the expenses? I doubt it. I thought the deal was that either the brand provide their own talking head, or QVC will find someone for them... but I never thought QVC pay any of the expenses (travel or accommodation) for such guests. I rather assumed that the only destination for the p&p (after actual p&p costs) was QVC's own bottom line, to be honest.

But ANYONE could have presented this, absolutely pointless shipping her over, except to give her a free holiday.

They wouldn't have brought her here for 4 minutes work. I expect she has other reasons to be in the UK as well as doing QVC.

Quite often when they have their QVC selection shows one of the main guests will only be on for a minute or two so I have always assumed that they are possibly here to negotiate new lines etc with the buyers and have been squeezed in to show a presence at no additional cost.

My hermes man told me he get's £1 per parcel. Hermes of course will need more to pay other cost and some profit but I'm sure QVC are making a nice bit overall on all the postage. I guess they use it to ofset warehouse costs.

But ANYONE could have presented this, absolutely pointless shipping her over, except to give her a free holiday.

I agree Strato, QVC can afford to bring her over for two minutes, they probably paid her as well, she'd only have to flog x amount of what she's selling, very rarely watch now just channel hop so don't know what she was selling, and she's paid for herself, then yes enjoy a few days holiday.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but I've noticed that lots of the regular US guests no longer seem to be appearing anymore. Specifically though, does anyone know what happened to the regular guest for Carole Hochman? (Sorry, I can't recall her name) The new guest said she had been all over Europe with the brand, so is she permanent now?

Slightly off topic, but I've noticed that lots of the regular US guests no longer seem to be appearing anymore. Specifically though, does anyone know what happened to the regular guest for Carole Hochman? (Sorry, I can't recall her name) The new guest said she had been all over Europe with the brand, so is she permanent now?

Regular guest for Carole Hochman is / was lovely Michelle D'Ercole. I definitely hope she will return... and I think there is another thread saying that she's not been around because of family issues then the Christmas holidays.

Some are still making the journey. We normally get either Cate or Debra for Nina Leonard, Ouida for Ronni Nicole, Joanne DeMartini for Tiana B. I think (and hope) the US guest for Annalee and Hope isn't coming over any more as her voice is like fingernails down a blackboard to me. We still get Kathy from Prai, Mally, Doris from Doll 10, we have the strangely immobile faced Lee McIlravey for Tarte (she's recently married so that surname may be out of date), we get Heidi for Lori Greiner since before Lori joined SharkTank. We don't get enough Laura Geller (don't like the stand-in at all). We get Joey for Mr Max. We get Dennis Basso still. We still get Christopher Fink (Chelsea Muse), Antthony, Renee. For now at least, we still get Tova for both her perfumes and jewellery. Kim is still going strong for Kim & Co, as is lovely Marla Wynn. Marc Bouwer still comes over and represents his brand. I think rather scary Liz Lange has done her brand (though I thought it was frightful stuff, personally, and can't see it sticking longer than there is stock in the warehouse. We get the dreadful in-your-face spin gym Forbes Riley woman, Bruce and his Bodyblade... Eve Pearl who seems very nice and isn't ranting at us to buy her stuff, also Deborah Lippman who is also relatively new and fronts her own brand. Do we count US-based Aeropilates guru Marjolein Brugman? Terri has been the Josie Maran guest since that brand launched in QVC UK.

Who have I missed? A lot of the missing guests are because they're not doing the brand any more.

But yes, we don't get Susan Graver visiting any more... they seem to have more-or-less dropped George Simonton. We are expecting (I think) that the next Diane Gilman visit will include Diane herself after her surgery. We know they've stopped Kirk's Folly, and Dreamkeeper seems to have dwindled too. No more Jackie Kennedy Collection. Stacey and YbF have just recently stopped. No more Michael di Cesare either (who reminds me a bit of Michael Douglas), and as there is no Ojon no chance of getting Denis back (I rather liked him). After the first few shows, we seem to have lost Chaz Dean from Wen, and have a side-kick instead.

Some brands we never had the "name" visiting, did we? Any US jewellery guests seem to have fallen by the wayside... except we still get Ralph for Honora, and we get US-based Dominique for Taxco... but somewhere along the way the nice guest who used to bring South West Silver amongst other things has gone... then there was the madness of David Segal...

I can also think of Suarti, Steven Lavaggi, and others. The one that always makes me chuckle is Beth Terrell - hasn't been in the industry for years but they still trawl out her washable suede jackets from time to time! I wish they still did Smashbox too.

Latest posts

Back