I really must stop buying earrings!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

qvcAddict

Registered Shopper
I have small ear lobes, dislike studs because they don't sit right on them and so like dangly earrings. However, they have to be very lightweight and small because my silly ears can't cope. I know shepherd hooks suit best so stick to them.

So there you go, I know I'm fussy! Often I look though clearance and order another pair that look too appealing. The reviewers tell me they weigh nothing and I stupidly believe them. However, their idea of nothing isn't the same as mine - I really mean nothing!

Hence I must stop even looking (it's hard) unless qvc start putting the weight. Am I the only person who finds earrings difficult and would find this useful?

Totally agree qvcAddict, it should be the standard to include gold/silver and gem weights in ALL their jewellery. They can be very economical with the truth when talking about rings, in particular. They use words like substantial or dainty but is it too much to tell us the actual weights so we can decide for ourselves if it's good value for money?

I know exactly what you mean as my holes are quite near the edge of my ear and so I don't like heavy earrings, although I do like studs. If you like diamonique then I've found that the Tamara Beckwith range of earrings are lightweight, even the more dangly ones. Although, as you say, everyone's definition of 'lightweight' might be different. When she's presenting she always goes on about not liking heavy earrings as they start to hurt so quickly. I have a few from the range and like them a lot.

Not sure if this helps much, but I do understand your dilemma, and of course in a shop you can't try them on.

Twinklette x

Couldn't agree more, qvcAddict. I've just sent back two clearance pairs of earrings because they weighed a ton. I like earrings to be light, and I'm tired of listening to presenters saying that the earrings they're modelling are 'substantial' but 'well-balanced', which I've learned means 'heavy, but you'll notice it most when you move your head and the things swing.'

Sometimes they're trilling away about the comfort of the things, and you can SEE that the model's ears are being stretched and that the lobe is being moved. Still, at least that tells you something - it's equally frustrating when the model sits perfectly still so you can't tell what the earrings will do when they move.

For a while I bought 9ct gold only, because I knew that they would put as little gold as possible in, so they're always light.

Totally agree with this - I need big long danglies, but they must be light as my piercings have stretched so far that they are nearly torn due to youthful indiscretions...
However, at least with QVC I can try them on!!!
I know what my weight limits are and they would have so many less returns from me if they just put it on the specs in the first place.

Sometimes they're trilling away about the comfort of the things, and you can SEE that the model's ears are being stretched and that the lobe is being moved.

For a while I bought 9ct gold only, because I knew that they would put as little gold as possible in, so they're always light.

Yes I've learned to look for the stretch too! Often annoys me because whilst you are seeing this they are saying how comfortable they are to wear. All relative I guess but not for me.

Interesting about the gold thank you and yes you are right. I only wear white gold which limits things but I do have pair from them proves this point.

I know what my weight limits are and they would have so many less returns from me if they just put it on the specs in the first place.

If I'm in a shop I can tell from holding the earring now as so practiced. Annoying thing is I really do like some of the styles on qvc and if they would just put the weight I could order with confidence.

Ironically putting the weight might show how little gold or silver is in the piece but for earrings but this would be positive for me. I thought maybe I was being the only earring wimp!

I don't like heavy earrings and I break light ones - better to stick to studs I think!

and yes, showing the gold/silver weight would be a VERY good thing

Totally agree with this - I need big long danglies, but they must be light as my piercings have stretched so far that they are nearly torn due to youthful indiscretions...

Me too pq, so I always try to buy earrings which cover the hole as my one ripped-up lobe looks quite ugly. Studs are good but I like danglies more so I try to get ones with a stud part at the top, if you know what I mean:)

Latest posts

Back