I know I should get a life but...........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SPF factor...
The SPF stands for sun protection factor. So the extra factor at the end is unnecessary.

They must think that we are ****** idiots :taphead::taphead:

On the Elemis hour, currently on, Gobby has just shrieked about the Elemis Try Me ' this would cost you over £100 in the full sizes' Yes it would dear, but, you're not giving us full fecking sizes:taphead::taphead:

Oh my pi$s is STEAMING :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Oh yes ICONIC, that does get used a lot, and in the same vein, so does ORGANIC !!!!! CB loves that word when describing jewellery. He went through an 'organic' phase when describing every item he presented as 'organic' - then the guests got on the bandwagon, and everything from yankee candles to bl.....dy burkenstocks had an 'organic' feel to it !!!!!

They must think that we are ****** idiots :taphead::taphead:

On the Elemis hour, currently on, Gobby has just shrieked about the Elemis Try Me ' this would cost you over £100 in the full sizes' Yes it would dear, but, you're not giving us full fecking sizes:taphead::taphead:

Oh my pi$s is STEAMING :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Shes just asked if something in the 5 piece Spa at home collection would knock her out.

We live in hope love :giggle:

I love this thread! Time to get a few off my chest. On T.V in general I can't stand hearing game show contestants are clearly trying to sound intelligent by saying something along the lines of My name's Sarah with a Haitch , I'm 43 years of age....ahhh.....the HAITCH, Like others on here, drives me nuts...and what's wrong with just saying I'm 43?

Shopping channels...sorry Kathy but it's GONE not GARN

Loen....it's eye-sential not eye essential - and sold out and gone is tautology!

I hate the way AY says Yurrs instead of years.

I really liked Sarah Griffiths (went on maternity leave and never came back), she did not shriek, squeal and bellow BUT she often used to describe items of jewellery as "devastating". I thought this adjective was more apt when used to describe natural disasters, very bad news or other very negative events rather than a piece of dimonique. It used to really grate when she did it.

Jill Franks makes me laugh when she calls something "infamous", she really is a complete airhead and seems to have a rather limited grasp of the English language.

My pet hate is anyone saying drawRing instead of drawing (and all words with drawing in them eg withdrawing).

It is becoming more and more common on radio and TV, even BBC presenters have started saying it.

"I can't tell you how amazing/beautiful/fandabeydozey this is" - no? Well, you'd better get yourself to job centre then, hadn't you?

"This is SO beautiful you CAN NOT even imagine" - well actually I don't have to imagine, because I can see it on my telly screen. And it ain't that brilliant.

"The vast majority" - like saying the most most;

And finally.....it's not QVC, and it's not really a mispronunciation, but if I hear Nush on TJC refer to her "romantic soldiers of love" one more time I'm going to scream.
And I agree with silversquin's observation of Sara G - even though she was my favourite presenter and I miss her calming voice, "devastating" in reference to a piece of jewellery always got on my knockers. I don't really want to buy anything that's going to devastate me.

Oh yes to all the above!! I spend most of my time shouting at the TV these days and have to stop myself carrying a black marker around to correct all those signs with stray apostrophes!

One that always gets me riled is your instead of you're. IW had a set of rubber stamps on a while ago which contained several examples along the lines of "Your Special" to which I screamed "my special what?" The thing that disturbed me the most was that nobody, from the design team through to the presenters (ok, asking a bit much there!) had spotted this glaring error. Quality control should be sacked for a start!!:headbang:

I have to say the 'haitch' thing is often cultural. I'm Irish and the majority of people in Ireland say haitch, aitch to us sounds affected! I don't mind either but I do mind when people take the pi$$ about me saying haitch. Go to Ireland, everyone's at it!

The one that sets my teeth on edge is the way that "going to" is replaced by "gunna" as in "You're gunna love this"-NO, I AM NOT.
Best wishes from Springflower.

Not an observation on grammar, but I have just been reminded by Simon of something that irritates me. Easy Payments split into "Bite Size Chunks" ?? I assume it is taught to them in their marketing class so that numpty customers think they are paying next to nothing for their duvet cover. It just reminds me of when my boys were in their highchairs and mummy Itchy cutting up their food.

On QVC presenters describing beauty items as 1/4, 1/2, or 3/4 litres when trying to sell us huge bottles of eeeeeeek cleaner, aka L'occitane handwash. As if saying this makes us think it is actually bigger than the 250, 500 or 750 mls we're getting!

Also people inserting an r into can't and spelling it caRnt grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Guilty of many crimes personally but I hate seeing "alot" instead of a lot and a presenter now on C&C who used be on QVC who says lickle.

Last edited:
2. people who say nucular instead of nuclear.
3. people who write 'should of' instead of 'should have'.

How about secutary? Or chimley? Others include:
skellington;
bagminton/badmington;
pacific in stead of specific;
probally;
a girl I went to school with (and her entire family) pronounced the name Charles like "Chiles".

One that many shopping channel presenters (QVC and otherwise) are guilty of: "is" instead of "are" - as in "There is loads of people on the phones for this one". :doh:

And "I love love love this". I wouldn't say "I love love love you" to my (hypothetical!) significant other, because it simply isn't necessary.

"Lickle" used to drive me mad too. I get agitated just thinking about it.

It's a personality type trait and either you're wired this way or you think we're nuts. Thing is there's a lot of us nutters about but we try not to be spotted. To me because I seem to be a "sound" responsive person the bloopers are like wrong notes being played in a piece of music, I can't help but hear them and cringe.

Latest posts

Back