I hope Emma Hardie isn't going to...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Scented grease.
I am in feisty mood today BB so I am going to take issue with you here. Firstly, have you tried it? It may look the colour of vaseline but it certainly is nothing like it. Yes it is oily and think some of you think that you put it on and leave it on all day - NO! It is a lovely cleanser and skin conditioner and you rinse it off. It does not leave the skin greasy at all. My skin is prone to breakouts and this does not make it worse, it balances and deep cleans - Oh and when used with the rosehip seeds as a scrub, leaves skin silky smooth and radiant. God I sound like an advert for it!!

I am in feisty mood today BB so I am going to take issue with you here. Firstly, have you tried it? It may look the colour of vaseline but it certainly is nothing like it. Yes it is oily and think some of you think that you put it on and leave it on all day - NO! It is a lovely cleanser and skin conditioner and you rinse it off. It does not leave the skin greasy at all. My skin is prone to breakouts and this does not make it worse, it balances and deep cleans - Oh and when used with the rosehip seeds as a scrub, leaves skin silky smooth and radiant. God I sound like an advert for it!!

With the way she goes on about it you'd think it could cure cancer. For anyone who loves it fine, but the bottom line is that it is scented grease.

Yes it is oily and think some of you think that you put it on and leave it on all day - NO! It is a lovely cleanser and skin conditioner and you rinse it off.
I totally agree but it's Emma's fault that she says live it on overnight etc, I think it's wrong for wash off product.
I remember it was said that Emma comes from a scientific background living in Oxford. I now incline to think that her parents developed this line for Emma (I think that they may be the scientists, not Emma) because sometimes she says things that don't make sense. It wouldn't happen if she was in charge of developing products.

Yeh the thought of blocking my pores with thick gloop all nite isnt that appealing. You're right, I wish they'd stop embelishing the uses of their products on QVC. Only a few do it but blimey, talk about squeezing that blood, (ooops I mean sale), out of a stone! Basso & Debbie were saying that you could use a fake fur trimmed scarf as a throw or at the end of the bed! May have wanted to justify the £52.95 total cost incl. P&P but that's lunacy unless its for someone under the age of 2 or a very small dog!

I'm on the lookout for a skincare 'system' that will work well for my teenage daughter's blackheads (oh the joys of being annonomous:happy:). Emma mentioned teens using this but I'm not sure, seems like it could be too heavy. Anyone recommend anything for troublesome teens (or their skin!)

I'm on the lookout for a skincare 'system' that will work well for my teenage daughter's blackheads (oh the joys of being annonomous:happy:). Emma mentioned teens using this but I'm not sure, seems like it could be too heavy. Anyone recommend anything for troublesome teens (or their skin!)

Speaking as someone whose had to watch for breakouts all my teen & adult life I'd say Obaji do one "Clearderm"I think it's called or similar. If you google Obaji it should come up. Used to only be sold in private cosmetic surgery places like transform but thanks to Ebay it's a fraction of what it used to cost. (I was quoted about £350 for the set at Transform OUCH! Didn't buy it there but do use the Rosaclear for acne rosacea moisturiser & it's been good. Range gets rave reviews.

She can go to the docs & get a prescription for a gentle anti biotic lotion now called Dalacin, great for breakouts, blackheads & hormonal acne

a nice light cream to moisturise if required in addition to the obaji, deffo not an oil rich one. Linda Lusardi's creams on Ideal World are very good, bit pricey but they are quality and totally non greasy altho she may just want to use the day one & not the night as that's richer.

Hope that helps xx.

I think it's actually called "Nu-Derm" by Obaji. My Rosaclear hydrating lotion is £28 on Ebay, not bad for 88ml but I do also use Elemis pro collagen cream as the rosaclear isn't quite moisturising enough on it's own. Good luck x.

Linda Lusardi's creams on Ideal World are very good, bit pricey but they are quality and totally non greasy altho she may just want to use the day one & not the night as that's richer.
I saw Linda Lusardi's Pick of the Day a while ago but was put off by the packaging and she obviously has had some work done so I didn't trust her words and I wast't sure about ingredients. Thank you for this feedback Nikki. Can I just ask if the ingredients are somewhat natural like EH, LE, Decleor or more like Judith William's "budget" skincare?
On the other hand I can say that using Strivectin for Stretchmarks and Wrinkles has kept my skin spot free for months now and it is at it's best at the moment. I'm also using EH every now and then to keep skin "moist" but have to say that EH night cream heals my skin overnight, I'm so tempted to buy it today but still have some left so hope it sells out before I make a decision.
-----------

Last edited:
To be honest Marina I always look at the ingredients as am very wary if perfume appears in the 1st few on the listing or mineral oil, lanolin etc as the latter types of oil are basically cheap gunk that blocks pores and would damage my skin for ages even if I stopped using it straight away. I Know by my own unfortunate experiences in the past.
I don't understand what a lot of the ingredients in cosmetics mean to be honest but I try to avoid the above listed ingredients. Don't mind perfume or parfum as this can also be naturally derived so long as it's fairly far down the listing so there isn't enough of it in the product to cause a breakout/ongoing problem.
The Lusardi products do have a lovely smell & don't leave any shine or residue. I'm hardly a fan of IW and had to struggle with my conscience to buy anything from them again after a couple of expensive fiascos with their courier years ago but I really liked the sound of her range.
I still use it but alternate with pro collagen marine now as got so many of the latter in TSV's over the last couple of years Xmas specials lol! Either range I love, Linda Lusardi's creams do give my skin a real boost & a natural glow. I use them with Judith Williams wrinlle relax. 1st product of hers I've tried as it was a OTOnly. Have to say, my best mate swears I've had botox since using Linda's cream & wrinkle relax. I've seen mixed reviews about Judith's other stuff but for me this serum is the best ever & water based so no resudue blocking the pores. It's been sold out for months on QVC, my friend gets it from another websire for £26 plus £4 p&p xx.

I did try JW and wasn't impressed at all, although didn't try Wrinkle Relax.
Perhaps, if I ever see it again, I may try it. Thanks Nikki.
Just one more question, is it 14 day MBG on IW?

Ooops I did a typo in an earlier thread it's not "Obaji" it's "Obagi"
Hi Marina
Yes I believe it is 14 days however if you order on the web u can pre purchase a £1.49 returns label. I bought Elizabeth
Grant & it was terrible at the same time so I could make my mind up. The cheaper return postage came in very handy & the label gave me at least 3 weeks I recall as it runs out after a specific date. You can use it to post the item/s back in late opening local shops too :happy:
Linda swears that she's had absolutley no cosmetic surgery or fillers/botox. She said she may do in the future but hasn't used them up until now. I think she's had her teeth crowned & maybe microdermabrasion or a light chemical peel but I don't think she'd be so specific about the surgery & fillers if she had used them. Her reputation not only in skin care but in acting/panto's etc is at stake if she was caught out. I don't think she's that type to lie about that anyway. Log into the IW site & see what the reviews say hun. Her cleanser is similar to C & P.
the JD wrinkle relax is fairly cheap on the p&p as it's only a 30 ml pump, so shoudn't break the bank if you ever decide to try it & or return it if you don't get on with it xx.

the judith williams diamond cream looks and feels like nivea cream in the blue tub. and the elemis blue dry oil in the tsv smells like avon cira 1969. as i am getting older i am begining to see through some of the claims of cosmetics

I wouldn't risk it with rosascea (sp). Most good cleansers are oil based, as it takes an oil to shift oil IYKWIM. It forms a milk when water is added and the cloths do the rest.

Speaking as someone whose had to watch for breakouts all my teen & adult life I'd say Obaji do one "Clearderm"I think it's called or similar. If you google Obaji it should come up. Used to only be sold in private cosmetic surgery places like transform but thanks to Ebay it's a fraction of what it used to cost. (I was quoted about £350 for the set at Transform OUCH! Didn't buy it there but do use the Rosaclear for acne rosacea moisturiser & it's been good. Range gets rave reviews.

She can go to the docs & get a prescription for a gentle anti biotic lotion now called Dalacin, great for breakouts, blackheads & hormonal acne

a nice light cream to moisturise if required in addition to the obaji, deffo not an oil rich one. Linda Lusardi's creams on Ideal World are very good, bit pricey but they are quality and totally non greasy altho she may just want to use the day one & not the night as that's richer.

Hope that helps xx.

I use Dalacin for hormonal cysts - big angry lumps that fester under the skin for weeks yet never come to anything popable. I hasn't worked for blackheads on me. I've only had luck with Paula's Choice BHA products. She has a lot of good info on her site about blackheads. Also, beware mistaking sebaceous filaments on the nose and sometimes chin/around the mouth as treating them as blackheads will make them worse.

If her blackheads are very bad and starting to turn into acne get her to the doctor's ASAP before her skin scars. Little ones will almost definitely respond to the PC stuff.

I am SO over expensive cleansers. I'm using Superdrug's Naturally Radiant hot cloth cleanser for £2.99 for 150ml (on offer). Shock, horror, my face still looks the same as before (when using expensive stuff)

I have used EH's Moringa Balm. It's nice, but I didn't notice any big difference at all. The only product that I thought was any cop are her little jars of rosehip seeds that you add to any cleanser you use. They exfoliate better than anything else. I might have a look on Ebay to see how much they are.

My days of expensive skincare are over. I cannot afford or justify it anymore. I have been sucked in by so much hype over the years and have finally woken up to realise that most of it is absolute b*ll*cks. My skin still looks and feels the same using cheaper, high street skincare.

My cat's boosters jabs cost £50 this month. That is a justified and necessary expensive. 4 pots of gloop for the same price isn't.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back