i have to admit, i am a bit bored of QVC - is this just a phase ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

hounds-of-love

Registered Shopper
right now at the moment, the last couple of weeks. I just haven't fancied watching it at all, it's just been dull and repetitive. Is this just me ? Just a phase ... ?

I've felt like that for a long time. I watch during ad breaks though I still tune in to watch the TSV

I hardly bother watching it now...I just tune into the shows I really like that are doing a TSV. I've got sick of the sight of the jewellery shows...far far too many of them now, it's like the blo*dy Jewellery Channel.

Me too. It's the same old boring, overpriced stuff. Q needs a radical overhaul if you ask me. Also, what's with Christmas Crafting in bl--dy May!

I'm on leave this week so have dipped in and out whilst busy playing catch-up with the cleaning. Rarely watch an entire show these days, Like Minim I mainly look during to ads, but I do seem to have the unfortunate habit of "landing" when something takes my fancy. Like today - a silver ruby band ring for £25 on easy pay. Ruby is my birthstone but they have never appealed to me - I really like band rings so thought I would give it a go!

ruby ring.jpg

The TSV are coming thick and fast or is it just me? There seems to be a skincare or nail one every week!!! They used to be the ones i looked forward too but there is only so much lather and slap my skin can take!

I don't watch much now at all. I can't remember the last time I watched a full hour. Same old same old. We don't seem to get really good prices like we used to. Mind you it's taken me a lot of years to be bored of it.

Gosh i wonder if QVC realise all its loyal shoppers are no longer buying, I dont buy anywhere near what I used to, infact only bought one thing since Christmas, but i doubt QVC will care

I hardly watch at all these days, got totally bored, now I come on this forum instead, much more interesting, and only look on Q if an interesting item (to me) is mentioned on here.

It seems to be either a 'feast or a famine' with me, there have been months where there is literally nothing I want to buy and then I seem to want everything (like now unfortunately). I have also noticed the increase in the beauty items for TSVs.

I'm on leave this week so have dipped in and out whilst busy playing catch-up with the cleaning. Rarely watch an entire show these days, Like Minim I mainly look during to ads, but I do seem to have the unfortunate habit of "landing" when something takes my fancy. Like today - a silver ruby band ring for £25 on easy pay. Ruby is my birthstone but they have never appealed to me - I really like band rings so thought I would give it a go!

View attachment 7849

I saw that one during an ad break while watching 'The Closer'!
I liked the sapphire version as well.
Got to say Frazzled - good choice.

I've always been a dip in dip out viewer. There are certain types of shows I would never watch:

Tech
Kitchen stuff
Craft
DIY
Some fashion

Like Minim and others I flip over in the ads and sometimes I will watch a full hour but it's very rare. I don't think I've ever watched a TSV launch. I still seem to buy enough though.

Yes, and the Get Gorgeous and Fabulous at Forty days are 'getting' a helluva bashing too lately, -

what about the Nifty Fifties and Sex Starved Sixties ! (forget Carole Hochman) or is that just a tad too grannified for the kids in charge.

I have not watched Q this evening, but I really enjoyed 'The Closer'. Great programme!

Fab isn't she.
Liked her new lipstick. She had a Revlon bag on her dresser ..... how sad is it that I should make a note of that?

Last edited:
I still buy a fair bit, but only repeat stuff mainly, like my shimmer bricks, bits of L'Occitane and Ojon and some craft and Carol Hochman. I don't watch much now, I look at it all on-line. I am not a big fan of jewellery and if you count the hours per week spent on this per week, it's at least 2 hours a day then you realise how much there is.

I agree the tech hours are tedious, Apple are back soon but I don't need to watch on QVC, that brand sells itself really. (Also note Blackberry making an appearance on 1July)

Ps still a sucker for a useless gadget that only shopping tv sell, but always read here first and I then realise how silly I am being!

Last edited:
I can't stay awake for the TSV's anymore. I work weird hours and on calls so I watch Q either in snatches or in the background, or on the go with the app. I post on here on the go, but I have to admit to buying more lately, but also returning much more. I am bound to get "the letter" soon but I don't really care. It means I will spend less time in the post office queue!

I buy and keep things I know I will use or wear time after time. If I am just browsing I may order something with the intention to return it if I don't like. I am pretty ruthless with my returns these days and I am much hotter on catching Q out because of what I have learned on here.

But I am getting bored. I think my purchases are starting to dwindle and over the next few months may be nothing but repeat skincare purchases once I have run out.

Latest posts

Back