I cut my own hair last night.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
My below shoulder length hair needed cutting to shoulder length and I couldn't be bothered to go to hairdresser. Found some instructions from Lee Stafford on cosmopolitan web site called Cosmo haircut and there is a video. It worked! I did it twice as I was scared he first time. It puts some layers in the hair as well. Done on dry hair so even easier. Somehow it didn't take quite enough off the length so I cut a bit more off after I had wash my hair by drawing it round to each side at the front and snipping. Used some new all purpose scissors.

I know I'm not brave enough to try this myself (or that would probably be more like stupid enough in my case!), but I'm off to Google this - just in case...

Are you pleased with the results?

Yes - quite happy with the result. Its better than it was as it hadn't been cut since October (apart from me cutting the fringe). Thinking of cutting a few layers into the bottom of the hair that is not layered. The nice thing about hair is that it always grows.

Of course I am using the steampod so it looks lovely. Had to go outside in the rain and it is still looking good!

You are brave! I was known to cut my own in my teens but the most I do these days is trim the top layers if it gets too heavy before the hairdresser is due - I'm glad you're pleased with the results!

Very brave but maybe it's OK if you have normal hair. Mine is so coarse and frizzy it would be a disaster.

Good for you for saving some pennies!

I've book-marked the video because I'm fearless (or foolish) when it comes to experimenting with my hair. I might give it a go sometime.

I used to cut my daughters hair in a similar way when she was little. She was born with hair and by the time she was two it needed a trim but she was terrifyingly fast swinging her head around to see the scissors when I tried. Scare that I'd take her eye out I sat with her in the bath with her facing away from me, I combed all her damp hair back into a pony tail tuft (not too high) at the nape of her neck held it and loped of the ends in a single snip*. When it dried it was a perfect Christopher Robin style bob. I had other mums asking if I'd cut their daughter's hair but I didn't think the sitting in the bath method appropriate; it'd never be commercially viable! Her hair grew very quickly but that first cut made sure the ends were blunt which made it easier to brush and made it look thicker.

I also had a responsible adult on hand so that I could pass the scissors to her out of DD's reach straight after the snip!

I was itching to cut it again but I used the babyliss secret curl apparatus that I bought from QVC and it has shortened the hair by an inch or so. The babyliss works pretty well though it takes 20 mins or so to put enough curl in the hair. Did it yesterday and there is still sufficient curl to give My hair some body today.

Latest posts

Back